VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Season Pass Coupon Books

JetsDevs4Lyf

Season Pass Coupon Use  

9 members have voted

1. 1. How much use is your Coupon Book?

• Bring a Friend Free
    • Bring a Friend at a Discount (14.99, etc...)
    • Money Off General Retail Purchases
    • Money off Specific Souvenirs
    • Free Games at the Boardwalk
    • Free Paintballs at Shooting Gallery
    • Money off Souvenir Bottles
    • Free or Discounted Food
    • Other (older items such as free ride photos, etc..)

While doing some cleaning I came across my 2007 season coupon book. While looking through it I realized there are some coupons that I always seem to use, and others that I just never touch and end up wasting. With this in mind, how much of you yearly season pass coupon book does everyone here use during a season? Feel free to mark as many as apply to you and also let us know if you think there should be new additions to the offers the park includes :).

I have used the Bring-a-Friend free and the merchandise discount coupons. I also used a paintball coupon even though I can't stand the lcoation of that building! I would use the food coupons but they always require you to order a huge amount of food to get something like a pudding cup for free. Typically there are two of us when we visit the park. Needless to say the "family chicken basket" is just a little too much food!

I think the Bring-a-Friend Free coupons all the time as we have many friends who like to go and since the gf and I go together we usually have multiple coupons for a visit. I do agree with you the food coupons don't seem worth it when you don't have a lot of people because of the sheer amount you have to buy first. I equate it to something like those get ten dollars off when you spend $75 at a department store. We usually get a Souvenir cup to begin the season so that one is at least nice to get a couple dollars off. I think one of my favorites used to be the free on ride photo on some of the atractions like Nitro or Superman. We have pictures now from some of our fav rides because of those.

In 2003 the park issued a Season Pass Coupon Calendar instead of a coupon booklet. The wall calendar was useful because it included the park hours, but I don't think I used one coupon that year. The book is more convenient to carry to the park but on closing day each year my coupon book is about as thick as opening day. I use coupons all the time at grocery stores and for discounts but not many at GA. :rolleyes:

True. In the last few seasons since We have been so health concious (my gf and I) We have just been filling our souvenir bottle with water most of the time instead of soda or iced tea or anything which doesn't even cost us anything to do as or now. So really the drink coupons don't really help us out much at since we don't even drink anything that we would need to pay for to begin.

I think one of the other killer coupons we had this past season was the 25% off of cleareance merchandise. I can't really ever remember a time where we even looked at merchandise on clearance during the season. Maybe it was just becasuse by the end of the year Fright Fest rolled around so we really didn't do any major shopping.

Most of GAdv's AP coupons are not too good. I rarely use them since I don't buy much of anything in the park anymore. Years ago GAdv used to sell some pretty nice stuff but today ugh. Anymore I brown bag my meals in the parking lot because it is cheaper and takes less time to walk to my car, eat and walk back into the park than to wait in line for food in the park.

• 1 month later...

I am impressed with this year's coupon book. There are some good offers in there.

Monday Madness - Get two of the same item for the price of one

Free large soda with the purchase of a combo meal

$3 off a sports bottle

Buy a pretzel get one free

By a funnel cake get one free

Not to mention numerous other admission, games, food, and merchanise discounts.

The "Your Discount = Your AGE" offer on June 24th is also interesting. Finally a benefit to being older!

That one will certainly be getting use by me at some point this season as those are just too good :)

The main other are gonna be the bring a friend coupons as we have already had a few of our friends ask us when we are going again and when we can use them haha :)

• 2 months later...

you made my day with that one especially since one of my tasks today is paying my Geico bill smile.gif

We actually got some good deals out of our book the last weekend with our friends there with some of the buy one get one deals on the funnel cake and pretzels which was nice bcause our friends felt they needed to pay for a lot since it cost them nothing at all to park, or enter the front gates. I would have hated them having to buy multiples of anything and with both our books we had plenty of coupons to go around.