VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Possible Holiday Event @ BGE

Up_Up_and_Away

From Screamscape:

Park News - (2/20/08) If the latest rumor holds true, Busch Gardens Europe may attempt to extend their operating season all the way through to the winter holiday season. Local spies tell us that the management teams have been told not to plan on taking any vacation time in December and apparently they've been visiting and checking out how various other park chains handle winter operations. While nothing has been confirmed yet, we've been told that the park is expected to close as normal at the end of the Howl-O-Scream run but will reopen sometime in December for the planned winter celebration.

This year, Santa may bring me what I've been wishing for!

With how beautiful that park is in the normal season, It would be very nice to be there if it had a fresh blanket of snow! It's such a great park to do such an event at because even if it's too cold for rides, there are so many other things to do.

• 5 months later...

More details have emerged about this event, including that they are planning for all coasters to be OPEN as long as the temperature is over 46 degrees.

Of course all this could change with the new ownership of Anheuser Busch and possible sale of Busch Entertainment. :mellow:

• 3 months later...

Just a quick update-- While at BGW last weekend I spoke to one of the parks merchandise managers, and though she could not disclose anything, when I explained what I had heard/read, she confirmed it for me, so (as long as things don't change too much with a possible new owner) it looks like this is going to happen for 2009! I'm encouraged by the note on Screamscape that the park has already posted their 2009 concert lineup...obviously they are going ahead with all their other 2009 plans ;)

More details have emerged about this event, including that they are planning for all coasters to be OPEN as long as the temperature is over 46 degrees.

Of course all this could change with the new ownership of Anheuser Busch and possible sale of Busch Entertainment. :mellow:

Very nice, if they can have that rule, I don't see why Hershey can't as well (with I guess select coasters). If it goes on in 2009, I know I would consider driving 6 hours just to get an offseason coaster fix.

Very nice, if they can have that rule, I don't see why Hershey can't as well (with I guess select coasters). If it goes on in 2009, I know I would consider driving 6 hours just to get an offseason coaster fix.

Wouldn't that be painful, like sticking your head out the car window in the middle of winter?

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

Here's the latest from Screamscape:

Park News - (11/12/08) While it’s still a year away, we’ve heard some new rumors about what Busch Gardens has planned for their first ever Holiday / Christmas event in 2009. From what we’ve been told the plan right now is to close the park down for about three weeks following the end of Howl-O-Scream where they will remove all of the Halloween decorations and set things up for the new un-named winter festival. Following that the park will reopen for five consecutive weekends (Friday-Sunday) where it may actually only be open in the evenings from about 4pm to 10pm. As we heard previously, this event will also not include the entire theme park, but only a few areas, such as England, Scotland, Ireland and the new Sesame Street area for sure. Italy is already being reported as being closed and I’m not sure about the rest of the park. Obviously the focus will be more on entertainment and decorations rather than the rides, so I’m also not sure which attractions will be open during the event. Perhaps the most disturbing rumor is that they are said to be considering using this as a hard ticket event that wont even be included with any of the season passes. Of course a move like that is easy to change as the event gets closer, so I wouldn’t worry about it just yet. More news as we hear it.