VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Fright Fest 2013 - Details added

29yrswithaGApass

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Total Darkness was a total BORE!!! I was a waste of time (waited atleast 1/2 on line Sunday before it opened at 2:15pm) and would have been a waste of money but we used one of those free attraction coupons.

The Haunt attractions are what you make of them.

If you don't like being in the dark with strangers Total Darkness wouldn't be a bore.

The group you get placed with in a haunt can make all the difference...

Get someone who doesn't like chainsaws and the Asylum will be a completely different experience.

The park is trying to give you new experiences but at $8 a trail it is getting a little ridiculous.

I wish the park would decorate like they used to in the mid and late 1990s. Back then they really went way out, with blucky skeletons, giant spiders, and bats everywhere in the park. This year most of the midways are pretty bare.

I wish the park would decorate like they used to in the mid and late 1990s. Back then they really went way out, with blucky skeletons, giant spiders, and bats everywhere in the park. This year most of the midways are pretty bare.

Its also hard with fright fest starting earlier and having basically 4 days to do everything....

With how popular Fright Fest was this past weekend, I wonder if they are even going to start it earlier next year like the weekend after Labor Day. They run into the same issue of not having a lot of time to set up but if they don't open on weekdays after Labor Day (even though I hope they try it again), they won't have guests walking around stopping anything from being set up.

• 2 weeks later...

^I absolutely agree with that.

Also I must say I was vey surprised with the new indoor haunts. They both did things which I'd never seen before! Great job to whoever designed the new Manor and Total Darkness attractions! Straw-man stalkers was also a very pleasant surprise, probably my favorite free attraction in that location.

^I absolutely agree with that.

Also I must say I was vey surprised with the new indoor haunts. They both did things which I'd never seen before! Great job to whoever designed the new Manor and Total Darkness attractions! Straw-man stalkers was also a very pleasant surprise, probably my favorite free attraction in that location.

Do you have a list of your favorite-least favorite trails?

I like the remote location and darkness of Wasteland- plenty of places for the "monsters" to jump out at you. Not to mention that every time we went through there the actors are really good and give it their all.

This is awesome to hear because as exhausting as it is, we really do try to give each group a great experience.

Edited by jdc12192

I absolutely love Wasteland too, and always have. I definitely don't like it any less this year, but I really enjoy the new ones! My only problem with Wasteland is that I always (yes, always) get stuck behind a large group.

If we have a larger line the ticket takers/greeters do have to send larger groups through, but if its pretty short they tend to just send single groups out. If you mean stuck behind a large group as in youre always in the back- next time youre in line talk to the ticket taker and ask to be the first for the next group since you always end up being stuck behind a large one. If thats not what you meant then ignore that hahaha.

This is approximate but its probably:

1. Total Darkness

2. Voodoo Island

3. The Manor

4. Wasteland

5. Asylum

My favorite haunted midways would be the Straw-Man Stalkers and the Bloody Fountain.

I'm quite shocked about your list. I always found the Asylum was really good and is my favorite, unless they did something different this year making it bad.

If we have a larger line the ticket takers/greeters do have to send larger groups through, but if its pretty short they tend to just send single groups out. If you mean stuck behind a large group as in youre always in the back- next time youre in line talk to the ticket taker and ask to be the first for the next group since you always end up being stuck behind a large one. If thats not what you meant then ignore that hahaha.

Yeah you're exactly right. Last night (Sunday) there wasn't a huge line but just out of bad luck I was placed in the back. I think next time I'm there on a quiet night I will take your advice so I can get a "true" experience.

I'm quite shocked about your list. I always found the Asylum was really good and is my favorite, unless they did something different this year making it bad.

My only complaint about Asylum is that its been consistently short staffed. What they had, they got right, and the actors are better than ever this year!

• 3 weeks later...

Going to fright fest for the first time this year, finally. It has been way to long. Anyway, what is the best trail to go on. My favorite was always The Asylum, but Total Darkness seems cool. And where is the Manor's new location?

• 2 weeks later...