VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Zumanjaro: Drop of Doom - NOW OPEN!

GAcoaster

^Welcome to the site! Ka will be launching independently of the drop tower dropping. No coordination needed between the two except during the filming of promo shots!

Thanks buddy, I have been following this topic and looking around the forum for a while now and finally decided to make a profile lol

All the added support deff is a big change to the way the tower is going to look. I am ver interested to see how they set up the station and the line area being Ka's motor building is right there. I'd imagine it can get noisy when ka launches

As far a scary I'd say it's going to get interesting when people are up there waiting to be dropped and train goes flying over

Edited by Mrpq

Hope all those welds hold up. I am sure this has all been well planned and engineered but am I the only one who feels a little , let's say "sketchy" , about all this extra pieces just being welded to the existing tower. It's one thing if this was all made originally as one piece/ ride But to me this is just a giant after thought that someone decided to slap on to an already existing structure , for let's face it, convenience. " hey let's add a giant drop tower to the park" "yeah we can just slap it on to ka with some weld and added supports". I don't know. To me it lacks originality. The drop tower going in at bush gardens tamp is way more impressive in my opp.

Hope all those welds hold up. I am sure this has all been well planned and engineered but am I the only one who feels a little , let's say "sketchy" , about all this extra pieces just being welded to the existing tower. It's one thing if this was all made originally as one piece/ ride But to me this is just a giant after thought that someone decided to slap on to an already existing structure , for let's face it, convenience. " hey let's add a giant drop tower to the park" "yeah we can just slap it on to ka with some weld and added supports". I don't know. To me it lacks originality. The drop tower going in at bush gardens tamp is way more impressive in my opp.

What are you worried about?It's being done by INTAMIN-not TOGO or Vekoma :rolllaf: !!!!!Just remember -Inatmin COULD have attached it to the parachute tower instead!!

lol true, it would have been cool to see a whole new ride put up. I also personaly think being the station is going to be right next to ka's "power house" that its not going to be the most pleasnt wating experence. From what I remeber, standing anywere near Top Thrill Dragster when it launched, could get on the loud side

Yes TTD's launch is rather loud, it will be interesting to see as a whole what they do about the loading station due to the fact that Ka's hydraulics room is nearby.

More like very loud. During the launches I remember you could here nothing but the launch. It would get annoying to hear after hearing a few of those.