VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Sochi opening ceremony

Guest Moonracker7

Guest Moonracker7

Did anybody watch last nights opening ceremony? well they did have 2 ingenious ideas and one slick up that I believe is a sin. that sin is the logo not forming completely, it is already on #shirts! the first great idea is the story telling from a little girls perspective because Russians believe in dreams and my favorite scene so far (because I went to bed after this occurred) is when she created the church in Moscow. Another awesome idea is the people rising from their homelands... and the U.S. was just short by 2 people to tie the host nations 232 athletes; the record is 307 athletes set by U.S. at 2010 in Vancouver.

Guest Moonracker7

just watched the rest of the ceremony. I still like what I said earlier... but they used a similar effect that London used, towers that come out of the ground. I also found a hidden logo... when the last 2 torch bares go past the actors to the Olympic torch...it looks like the Atari logo. Atari has the rights to the roller coaster tycoon series. RCT2 includes RR, GASM, and old Bizzaro or better known then as Medusa.

Guest Moonracker7

Yea I heard it fail to sell and wanted to try a small circuit sale for a lower price, but still a great torch design that is probably very arrow dynamic. I can't believe Sochi is this warm in winter...but there next to the Baltic so it is expected and storm after storm of failing to repair things...I also want Lego to make a sequel to the LEGOLAND game with new rides, shops, attractions, restaurants, and even land that are not even in the real parks... but will have scenarios using them. One reason this may not be happing is Merlin entertainment owns about 70% to 80% of the parks and discovery centers... they also own Maddem turrets (I know I buttered the spelling spellings of these) and Thorpe park in England.

Guest Moonracker7

Well I just heard that USA got bronze in the 4 man. Since today ends the Olympics, what do you think Rio could have in store (you have 2.5 years to think about this).

The Yeti was so impressive when it first opened with the arm reaching out towards the car. Now depending on which mode they have running and with how fast the train is going you almost have to know where to look for it or else you'll miss it. I'm hoping maybe once the Avatar area opens they could then fix the Yeti since it wouldn't have as much of an impact to close Everest then with more rides open.