VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Safari Hospitality Center

An interesting observation -

The park expanded the footprint of the Safari Hospitality Center by eliminating the Safari Tour Bus lane which ran between the SHC and the Safari Ticket Plaza. The roadway can be seen in the photo below and the diagram illustrates how the area compares before and after the road's existence.

gallery_2_35_130470.png

20041123%20copy.jpg

• 1 year later...

I always liked stopping there after a trip thru the Safari, that shop had some item's that could only be bought there. I still always look over coming into the Park, alot of it is still the same. The big Elephant is still there, but i can't see if my buddy the little Giraffe figurine from the old Mini-Golf is still there though.

^ I was happy when it popped up there after all those year's of not seeing it. My Step-sister worked at the Mini-Golf stand, it was always a free game for me back when i was young. The "Do Not Pick Or Mutilate Flowers" always cracked me up. But when you give a Golf Club to kids by Flowers they did seem to end up being "practice" for your swing lol.

gallery_208_401_11502.jpg

Edited by Railer

• 3 weeks later...

^ He was getting love doing his job making kids happy. I had to wait a little bit to get the shot of him alone, and he's close to his real Giraffe friend's now. He's happier than he's ever been at the Park :rolllaf::rolllaf: (i'm going to have to make a Spotlight on him for myself lol)

gallery_208_401_443283.jpg

Edited by Railer

• 1 year later...

Flashback to the days of the Drive thru Safari when the Safari Hospitality Center greeted jungle explorers before and after their exotic trek through the animal park. Here are some additional photos of this modest attraction which was later replaced by the Safari Exploration Station.

Entrance Sign:

gallery_2_1111_753845.jpg

gallery_2_1111_646787.jpg

gallery_2_1111_161614.jpg

gallery_2_1111_89633.jpg

Gift Shop:

gallery_2_1111_18112.jpg

gallery_2_1111_403976.jpg

gallery_2_1111_654453.jpg

Guest Relations:

gallery_2_1111_822311.jpg

Safari Hut Food Stand: