VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Do you plan on visiting Hurricane Harbor in 2014?

Hurricane Harbor 2014  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be visiting Hurricane Harbor in 2014?

2. 2. For those that will visit, what are your typical plans?

• Arrive for opening and stay all day.
    • Arrive for opening and leave before closng.
    • Arrive after opening and stay until closing.
    • Arrive after opening and leave before closing.
    • Like I mentioned in Question #1, I don't plan on visiting.

I put yes but it's more like a maybe. I went once a few years ago. It was on a saturday and the hottest day of the year. It was 105 degrees and super crowded. The ground was soo hot that i couldn't walk barefoot. I had to go back and get my flip flops. I was angry when i found out you had to rent your inner tubes! then to top it all off, i skinned both my elbows on the wahini slide...it was a bad day but i am willing to give it one more shot as i love waterparks!

• 1 month later...

In regards with Hurricane Harbor...how often do they do the drills in the wave pool? We've gone 4 times so far this year...2 Sundays, 1 Thursday, and 1 Monday. And each time we were there...it seemed they did a drill around 1:30, reopened the pool around 2, then around 3/3:30 they did another drill.

Yesterday we were there...and they were emptying the pool of guests every 30 minutes to do the training drills. I totally get the need for safety...but with 3 little kids, they totally didn't understand why we had to keep getting in and out.

Just curious.

HH has always been weird about their wavepool. Most water parks don't kick guests out of their wave pool between wave cycles such as Typhoon Lagoon and Wild Water Kingdom.

I believe the periodically clear the pool like that just to make sure there is no one under the water. With a pool that large and that many people in it, they periodically want to make sure that everyone is OK. Quite often drownings at waterparks happen in the wave pools where someone sinks below the surface and the life guards don't realize it. Imagine how difficult it would be to spot someone under the water among all those people in the pool.

I understand at times getting people out of the pool for training and checking for possible injuries/drownings but it seems that they keep people out of the wave pool for a long time. I know it not true but it seems the wave pool is empty the same amount of time that when people are in it.

I know this it not true also but it seems they do it so people decide to get food and beverages.

• 3 weeks later...

I have heard that the former Wet and Wild water park in Las Vegas used to also kick people out of the wave pool after every cycle like HH does. As I said most water parks don't kick people out after every wave cycle.

^ What are you talking about? Dorney has a pretty good water park through I really miss Riptide Run, better than HH anyway. The best part about Dorney's water park is that they make everyone sit in the tubes in their rivers, no feet allowed on the bottom. It really cuts down on the shoving and pushing you get in rivers at other waterparks like HH and Hershey. Water Water Kingdom also has more restrooms than HH too.

Even before the flashpass, dispatches were always pretty slow at HH as well as understaffing problems. Even back in the park's opening year they hardly ever opened their lazy river or only open a part of it. The lifeguards on it hardly ever keep guests from misbehaving in the river too.

Edited by The Master