VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Six Flags Additions for 2015

^It had 170 pound weights in each seat, probably less than the average rider these days :D . I agree though, this thing is going to haul once it breaks in; hopefully

• 3 weeks later...

^ Park Journey has a full POV out, look's awesome. But one thing i have already noticed is that some of the same effect's used in "Justice League" are also in the que of the new "Batman : The Ride". I think it will be safe to assume, that any new "Batman" rides will also share some of them. And they used the "gag" at the end of the "Dark Knight" with the train and air horn in "Justice League" also. But with "Justice League", Six Flags has taken a giant step forward. Alot of people still bash Six Flags for their past mistakes, but those days are gone now. They are spending very smart, and giving each Park President the authority they have is really working.

So far all of SF's 2015 additions seem to have hit their mark. The JL rides look WAY better than I anticipated, TC has gotten great reviews, and WC is getting crowned best coaster on the planet by many of the people who have ridden it (I cannot wait to ride it a months from now!).

Oh, and we even got a fancy statue to go with our Larson looping flat ride! ;)

So far all of SF's 2015 additions seem to have hit their mark. The JL rides look WAY better than I anticipated, TC has gotten great reviews, and WC is getting crowned best coaster on the planet by many of the people who have ridden it (I cannot wait to ride it a months from now!).

Oh, and we even got a fancy statue to go with our Larson looping flat ride! ;)

True! And all of them have opened right around Memorial Day which is the Six Flags strategy.

I think our JL dark ride would be next for Great Adventure, then Six Flags Great America, Six Flags Over Georgia and other Six Flags theme parks.

I could see SFOG getting a JLBFM to replace the old Monster Mansion dark ride.

But considering how decent of a ride it is I think removing it would raise hell.

The only fear I have with a JL dark ride is potential downtime. It is definitely way more involved than your average dark ride, so I would like to see how SF-proof Sally made the ride before sticking one here.

The issue with a SFFT B:TR clone is capacity. If we received a larger model with blocks that allowed for higher ridership, I think it would be an excellent addition as I do not see this model having many mechanical issues. A SFDK S:UF clone would have similar capacity issues.

Maybe I am just psyching myself into getting an RMC by the lake, but it is the only recent major SF addition that makes a lot of sense right now for our park. Good capacity, reasonable price, reliable and will get the best reception out of any ride we could possibly add with our budget.

PS-Does anyone remember when there was RMC people at the park early last season? I remember people dismissing it as they helped construct El Toro and were just checking up on it.

Edited by Nitro1118

^ I saw the guys from RMC leaving the Golden Kingdom early last season. Few of them had RMC shirt's on, and i think all of them had "laminates" around their neck's.

The Park's that installed "Justice League" said they plan on really keeping up maintaining them. I just hope Sally and the company that made the cars always has replacement part's available fast as they wear out. It is like a different level or upkeep for Six Flags.

With everything that seem's to going on in the Park now, it is looking better that we just might get an RMC utilizing the water and the Lake somehow. If they do, i just hope the Station is next to "Blackbeard's" and you pull out of it, curve to the left, and go up a steep lift hill, heading down the Switlick Driveway. There is plenty of solid land back there for a monster RMC. Then on the return trip to the Station, it can run out over the Water. I could really see them come up with something called like a "Splashdown Stall" over the water, It could have alot of "1st's". The lake is dammed off, it can be drained easily for the setting of footers. But that way we still have a Lakefront with open view's of the water, and views of the Coaster off in the distace on the rt side of the lake. All i would want anywhere from the Live-n-local" stage to "National Park" are new path's and a new place to eat over the Water.

Building on the peninsula or in the back of skull and all

Of those other rides is not an option.....or has a very low shot at happening. Both are access roads for park vehicles and the road that goes behind the sealion stadium leads to the switlik house and another sf road that goes out to Monmouth road. Unless there is a way to build a coaster over a road to allow vehicles to drive under it, I don't see it happening.

There is easily enough room to have it run out there next to the road. Having a coaster run out back there is a VERY viable option for the park for 2016. It's fits the budget with all the demolition going on, fits the capacity issues in our Park, and we have the space. RMC just opened their new facility's late last year that doubled their space, they can handle more than 2 project's a year now (even in this pic from last week, that is the elec marked out in the bottom rt) But it's not hard to see there is plenty of room to the rt of the rd going back. Going toward's Skull Mountain can't happen, they would lose access to everything along the back of the park.

gallery_208_401_80434.jpg

Edited by Railer

• 1 month later...

It seems a little risky to me for a chain of parks to install the same exact ride in so many of its parks during the same season. Suppose something happens on a Super Loop somewhere around the world which requires the rides to be shut down as a safety precaution while an investigation takes place. That would knock out the new attraction for a third of their parks.

From Screamscape:

Park News - (7/8/15) According to the rumor mill something went wrong with the new Larson Superloop ride (Dare Devil Chaos Coaster) just installed at Six Flags Discovery Kingdom. As a result, Larson apparently sent the word out to all the other parks who have installed this model at other Six Flags theme parks, Elitch Gardens, Frontier City, Cliff's and Darien Lake to close their rides until further notice