VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Six Flags Additions for 2015

Rumor wrapup topic once again, 2015 style:

Below is a recap of the latest rumors floating around on Screamscape and the internet.

Six Flags America -
Six Flags Discovery Kingdom -
Six Flags Fiesta Texas -
Six Flags Great Adventure -

Six Flags Hurricane Harbor (NJ) -
Six Flags Great America -
Six Flags Magic Mountain - Colossus retracking
Six Flags Mexico -
Six Flags New England - Cyclone retracking
Six Flags Over Georgia -
Six Flags Over Texas -
Six Flags St Louis -
Great Escape -

LaRonde -

Feel free to update this topic with the latest rumors and confirmations.

• 2 weeks later...

Given the very little of rumors and how Six Flags likes to work with a select group of companies, All of these are Pure Guesses:

Six Flags America - Funtime Star Flyer
Six Flags Discovery Kingdom - Kong Retheme & New Animal Exhibit
Six Flags Fiesta Texas - RMC/GCI Wooden Coaster
Six Flags Great Adventure - RMC Wooden Coaster where Medusa is

Six Flags Hurricane Harbor (NJ) - Drop Floor Slides
Six Flags Great America - Sally Interactive Dark Ride
Six Flags Mexico - Funtime Star Flyer
Six Flags Over Georgia - Waterpark Expansion with a Lazy River and Speed Slides
Six Flags Over Texas - Bizarro from Six Flags Great Adventure
Six Flags St Louis - Scooby Doo Retheme & New Kids Coaster
Great Escape - Zamperla/Mondial Top Spin

La Ronde- Kids Rides Expansion

Edited by Coaster Justin

^ I sincerely hope that Bizarro doesn't leave us. Other than that some of these predictions sound good. I think the twist and splash is a good fit for SFFT, the star flyers would be good for the parks you guessed them for, and the retrackings are all but confirmed.

I hate to even think it, but Bizarro leaving to me seems likely and actually a somewhat good move for the park. I love Bizarro but lets be honest:

1. It is one of if not the least popular big roller coaster in the park. It almost never has a line.

2. The effects on the ride don't work most of the time and audio was removed.

3. Removing it will open up a large area to expand with and build an even better coaster

^Sounds EXACTLY like what got Six Flags into major financial trouble in the 2000's. I'd rather have 10 quality, diverse coasters with acceptable placement and theming that are well maintained over 20 coasters that are not though out in the least and added all at once. That sounds eerily similar to SFMM. Cedar Point, on the other hand, has been very smart about coaster additions and has been wisely adding to their collection for quite some time- well before SFMM began to pile on.

^ I generally agree with that but the park had been stuck at 13 coasters since Ka was put in since every time one was added one was removed- Viper for Toro, Chiller for TDK, and GASM for GL. Then the coaster count for the park finally changes and it goes down with RT's removal... I can see why people would want more coasters.

Edited by RC98

^I understand, and I also agree that without Rolling Thunder, the park could use another coaster (particularly a wooden coaster), but adding coasters "to compete against SFMM and Cedar Point" is not the way to go IMO. Gadv is not competing with SFMM in any way, outside of highest attendance in the chain. They don't need or want to compete with a park on the chain in a completely different market across the country. The same is true for Cedar Point- CP gathers guests from a much wider range than Gadv does, and Gadv isn't in the same market area as Cedar Point. Coasters should be added to improve the park and increase interest and potentially attendance; not for the sake of adding coasters and competing with far away large market parks.

Can we get back to the topic? I really want to hear Great Adventurer's opinions on what's coming.

I think that's the term, If not, I'm sorry.

Yep; back on topic now. Sorry about that.

In my opinion, 2015 will be the one more year without a coaster at Great Adventure. My guess is a flat or two, some general park improvements (which are always needed), and possibly a small water park addition. Similar to 2012. I think it'll be the calm before the storm in 2016- I fully expect a $10+ million coaster in two years.

Concerning Bizarro, while I do think it is next on the chopping block (which is unfortunate), I'm not entirely sure it'll be removed in the next couple of years. We'll see what comes, but I'd much rather see a new 2016 coaster in Old Country.

I really hope that Bizarro is not on the "chopping block". Even though it is in the Frontier Adventures area, in my opinion, it is an underrated coaster that no one really talks about. I think it is one of the coolest coasters around, it has a totally different mindset when riding it after the dark. I rode it after dark during ACE NJ's Riding of the Bull last year and I thought it was so cool and I can't wait to do it again at night this year. I know a coaster should be added in the area behind the Dark Knight where the Chiller used to be. I know it would bring new life to that area of the park. I can't wait to see what the 2015 season has in store for Six Flags Great Adventure.

I wonder if we will see any more Sky Screamers added in 2015. So far we have seen:

2011 Six Flags Discovery Kingdom

2011 Six Flags St Louis

2012 Six Flags Fiesta Texas

2012 Six Flags Great Adventure

2012 LaRonde

2013 Six Flags Over Georgia

2013 Six Flags Over Texas

2014 Six Flags New England

Parks without this style ride still include Six Flags Magic Mountain, Six Flags Great America, Six Flags America, Great Escape, and Six Flags Mexico.

Six Flags America -
Six Flags Fiesta Texas - Rockville addition

Six Flags Mexico -
Six Flags Over Georgia -
Six Flags Over Texas -
Six Flags St Louis - Dark ride replacement for Scooby Doo ride
Great Escape -

LaRonde -

Six Flags America -
Six Flags Fiesta Texas - Rocky Mountain coaster in Rockville?

Six Flags Mexico -
Six Flags Over Georgia -
Six Flags Over Texas -
Great Escape -

LaRonde -

^Where did you hear about an RMC coaster to Fiesta Tecas? That would be only two years removed from Iron Rattler, and I would imagine the hype hasn't worn off just yet. I would also think other parks in the chain could use a NEW coaster before SFFT (SFA, SFStl, etc.)

Edit: just realized that may be only speculation. Either way, its an interesting thought.

Edited by Password121

• 2 weeks later...

Six Flags America -
Six Flags Fiesta Texas - Rocky Mountain coaster in Rockville?

Six Flags Mexico -
Six Flags Over Georgia -
Six Flags Over Texas - Dark ride in simulator building
Great Escape -

LaRonde -

It is surprising that such little information has leaked out across Six Flags this season.

This will be a long post, but please bear with me:

As a long-time coaster enthusiast and avid member of ACE, I have to put in my two-cents here. Let’s stop and look at the facts: two classic woodies are being removed from two separate parks this year: Six Flags Magic Mountain and Six Flags New England. Last year, a classic woodie was removed from Six Flags Great Adventure. I know we all like to think that RMC replacements/retrackings are coming, but we shan’t get ahead of ourselves. Rolling Thunder bowed out without any hint of a RMC coaster in it’s place. It is entirely possible that this will be the case for either Magic Mountain or New England. If I had to guess, I would say that Magic Mountain will get the RMC coaster, New England will not get a new coaster period. In 2015, at least.

I would say that Great Adventure is probably the highest-valued park in the entire chain. Look at where it’s located: equidistant from Philadelphia and NYC, and not too far from Baltimore (granted they have Six Flags America). It is in the best interest of Six Flags to give guests a reason to keep coming back to Great Adventure in particular year after year. Hence: Zumanjaro: Drop of Doom. RC98, I like to believe that Zumanjaro is indeed that calm before the storm. A sub-$3 million dollar record breaker before Six Flags really unleashes the beast. A few inexpensive (relatively) attractions that are cost effective here and there i.e. Zumanjaro, Safari Off Road Adventure, SkyScreamer, before unveiling that brand-new $25 million coaster.

With the #1 wooden coaster in the world a short walk away, it would be pointless for Great Adventure to add a RMC coaster that would directly compete with ridership on El Toro. Six Flags is smart that way: they know how to build a diverse coaster lineup, which is exactly what they have at Great Adventure. A wing-coaster seems like a most probable next move, as a B&M coaster would be exciting, smooth, and low-maintenance. Six Flags won’t add anything that will directly compete with an already existing ride.

As for Bizarro, that ride might honestly just be experiencing declining ridership as a result of where it’s located in the park. Shame on Six Flags for that one, because I personally would prefer a ride on Bizarro any day over Batman (too condensed, head banging) or Green Lantern (makes jelly out of my legs). Imagine if Bizarro and Green Lantern switched places. Problem solved, although I know I just speak for myself about my ride preferences. In my opinion, Bizarro is here to stay, especially since it was just recently transformed from Medusa to Bizarro.

One last thing: Six Flags Great Adventure is slated to host Coaster Con in 2015. Coaster Con is the biggest, most important ACE event of the entire year. I cannot wrap my brain around why Great Adventure would host Coaster Con as opposed to, say, Carowinds, for the unveiling of what we all know is a brand-spankin’ new giga. Or for that matter, Magic Mountain, for Iron Colossus. OR, New England, for Iron Cyclone (possibly.) Six Flags Great Adventure must have something big up it’s sleeve. What more a perfect time to open a brand new coaster, and host Coaster Con 2015 to commemorate the unveiling. Now, C’mon Great Adventure, let’s see that wing coaster!

• Like 1

^ New England is getting the RMC since they've been starting to carefully take down the rails already rather than just wait and knock down the whole structure like they did with RT. However I'm impressed that you found my post from weeks ago to reply to.

IMO, having a RMC woodie isn't any less diverse than having a wing coaster though. A RMC would be similar to Toro in height and speed, but also mix in inversions and overbanks with airtime too. Different enough from ET.

A wing coaster would end up basically having the same elements as Bizarro, Batman, and GL (loop, dive loop, zero g roll, corkscrew). The only thing different would be the wing over drop if they put one in and the train gimmick. No more different from Bizarro than El Toro would be from a RMC. I rode Gatekeeper and honestly it was one of the most forceless things I've ever ridden. It's fun in the front but that's about it.

If we're truly going to get a $25 million coaster we should get something that would actually be groundbreaking and something not seen anywhere around here if even in this side of the country. Like a 4D or a I305-like giga or a multi launcher or a longer RMC or a dive machine. Something that we can say is ours and only ours with no compare. But that's just me I guess since many here seem to want a wingrider.

PS welcome to the site CoasterGuy! :)

IMO, having a RMC woodie isn't any less diverse than having a wing coaster though. A RMC would be similar to Toro in height and speed, but also mix in inversions and overbanks with airtime too. Different enough from ET.

A wing coaster would end up basically having the same elements as Bizarro, Batman, and GL (loop, dive loop, zero g roll, corkscrew). The only thing different would be the wing over drop if they put one in and the train gimmick. No more different from Bizarro than El Toro would be from a RMC. I rode Gatekeeper and honestly it was one of the most forceless things I've ever ridden. It's fun in the front but that's about it.

If we're truly going to get a $25 million coaster we should get something that would actually be groundbreaking and something not seen anywhere around here if even in this side of the country. Like a 4D or a I305-like giga or a multi launcher or a longer RMC or a dive machine. Something that we can say is ours and only ours with no compare. But that's just me I guess since many here seem to want a wingrider.

PS welcome to the site CoasterGuy! :)

Those are all interesting thoughts. I get what you are saying about all of the B&Ms having basically the same elements, but IMO that's to be expected somewhat. What I meant by a diverse coaster lineup was that the ride experiences are all unique if that makes sense, not so much the ride layouts. It's a given that all B&M standing, floorless, inverted, and flying coasters are going to have all the same elements. The gimmick is that you're either standing, sitting above the track, below the track, or lying on your stomach. This is why I think that a B&M wing coaster would fit the bill perfectly: a unique experience from all the others, and a wing coaster would be easy to fit into the area where Rolling Thunder was, or to the right of the park entrance. [i too have ridden GateKeeper btw :lol: ] As for 4D coaster, that would be really cool, i just don't see that happening for whatever reason. Entirely possible though, and for those who've ridden X2 I think we can all agree that those coasters are insane! :D:D

Regarding the giga, I would bet money that a giga isn't in the cards for Six Flags any time soon. For whatever reason, Six Flags corp. just won't venture into giga heights. They will go above and beyond but they won't settle in the 300ft zone. Cedar Fair has had all the gigas up to this point.