VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Six Flags New England

owtoty

I'm taking a weekend trip to SFNE and wanted to know what the park was like if any of you have been there. Does anyone have any tips on what to ride when? Also, I'm going on Saturday and Sunday and plan on doing the waterpark too. We were also thinking about getting flashpass, would that be a good idea?

Hmm. I am heading there too. Plan on arriving there on Sunday late afternoon. Rv camping overnight and spending a day or two at six flags depending on how my 10 yo twins like it. Then we are headed to great escape later in the week.

Although we have never been to either, it looks like both parks offer enough to make the trip worth while.

Hmm. I am heading there too. Plan on arriving there on Sunday late afternoon. Rv camping overnight and spending a day or two at six flags depending on how my 10 yo twins like it. Then we are headed to great escape later in the week.

Although we have never been to either, it looks like both parks offer enough to make the trip worth while.

Hi,

I've been to SFNE, it's one of my home parks, and it doesn't have the charm SFGAdv has. They have a lack of flats, and they recently got rid of an intense woodie. Very upsetting. :(

SFNE's star is easily Bizarro. Very fun ride with some nice ejector. I prefer the front, because you get an awesome view, plus the airtime feels more extreme. Plus it's smoother. The only roughness I prefer is on a wooden coaster. The restraints kinda hurt, sometimes they like to staple you in. Not fun.

Pandemonium is a fun spinner. Put more weight on one side to spin like crazy.

Flashback and Goliath are both rough and suck. Goliath is the worst ride there. The trains vibrate horribly.

Mind Eraser is a decent SLC. It's pretty good for what it is.

B:TDK is kinda forceless, plus headbanging first corkscrew. Be careful! Don't have your expectations too high.

Thunderbolt is the parks classic. Pretty fun, but forceless. Sit in the back for some bounciness and a tad bit of airtime. Near the end the front has an ejector hill.

Cyclone's in the process of being demolished for the Iron Horse treatment. Take some pictures!

I'd say run to Bizarro first and get the front ASAP! If you have the gold entry, RUN TO BIZARRO. You may wait a bit, but you want first dibs, as it has HORRID lines. Run to Goliath after, because of bad capacity. Then head to Thunderbolt, because around 2-ish that ride forms a LONG line.

Hope this helps! :)

--CanobieFan :)

I recently went to Six Flags New England at the beginning of July, it's a pretty decent park. I was in the area so i decided to stop by at there since I've never been to the park. When i went it was only for about three hours, but i still got to ride everything. I went on a very quiet night where there were no lines at all on anything. Unfortunately by the time I got to the park Hurricane Harbor was just closing, so i didn't get to go there. I definitely recommend going on Bizzaro and the New England Skyscreamer. Hopefully I didn't comment too late and enjoy your weekend there!

• 1 year later...

I went a weekday in june of last year(June 25th) and it wasn't too bad at all. Its a much smaller park, but larger than SFA and also has more ride selections. Majority of the crowds were going and coming from hurricane harbor which is attached to the park, but all the way in the very back so all the harbor crowds have to walk all the way through the park. There were lines for rides, but nothing too long even with wicked cyclone running one train for a good chunk of the day.

I plan on taking a trip this year to Six Flags New England. When's the best time to visit to avoid major crowds?

I went last year on Wednesday/Thursday in mid/late June. Wasn't too bad (20-30min wait for the major coasters/rides). I did get platinum FP to marathon WiCy and Bizarro, and if you have the money it is well worth it. You can't really beat a WiCy marathon or double S:TR laps in the front row. NESS, Goliath and Thunderbolt have very slow moving lines as well.

I went last year on Wednesday/Thursday in mid/late June. Wasn't too bad (20-30min wait for the major coasters/rides). I did get platinum FP to marathon WiCy and Bizarro, and if you have the money it is well worth it. You can't really beat a WiCy marathon or double S:TR laps in the front row. NESS, Goliath and Thunderbolt have very slow moving lines as well.

Thanks for the advice, how much is the platinum?

I may be going the 13th or 20th so if i do, remind me to tell you how crowds were! It shouldn't be too bad even if it is their spring break. I went in late June last year and it everything was still bearable at that time.

Thanks! I want to get on superman before they introduce the virtual reality and this is really the only weekend I can do 2 days before then. If you end up going the 20th I'll let you know how the crowds were as well.

I read on another forum that they don't let you choose what row you want except for a few rides? Did you have that happen as well?

Edited by SatansHockey

Thanks! I want to get on superman before they introduce the virtual reality and this is really the only weekend I can do 2 days before then. If you end up going the 20th I'll let you know how the crowds were as well.

I read on another forum that they don't let you choose what row you want except for a few rides? Did you have that happen as well?

From what i remember i know for sure- Goliath and Wicked Cyclone they told you what row to go to. I wanna say superman, batman, you got to choose. I sat out on mind eraser, and flashback as those types of rides typically make me feel a little dizzy so i don't know if they assigned or not on those.

From what i remember i know for sure- Goliath and Wicked Cyclone they told you what row to go to. I wanna say superman, batman, you got to choose. I sat out on mind eraser, and flashback as those types of rides typically make me feel a little dizzy so i don't know if they assigned or not on those.

I heard about the assigned seating, and I believe all major roller coasters do it.

Not all major coasters. S:ROS S:TR doesn't except in rare cases, B:TDK the same, and Thunderbolt doesn't exactly, though they do only let one train's worth of people into the station at a time, so it's not that different.

Most importantly, on Catwoman's Whip they let you sit wherever you want.