VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

2016 and Beyond Speculation at SFGA

^Maybe because you didn't go on a weekend :P I went on a friday back in august and it was PACKED. Bizarro itself had a 1 hour line, KK had a 2 and a half hour line, Nitro had a 1 and a half hour line, Superman had a 2 hour line, GL had a 1 and a half hour line, Batman had a 1 hour line, and El Toro had a 2 hour line. It was ridiculous. Next time I go will be a monday :D

It really can go either way at GA. For people like all of us who go every year we have a better understanding on which days will be packed and which will not. I can say that, from this year, I never had a moment when I waited for an excruciatingly long time. I avoided Superman all year obviously lol, and the only two times I had a bit of a wait was my first time for ZuJ which is also bc of the constant malfunctions, and ka for the same reason. Other than that the lines at GA ran smoothly this year IMO I guess Superman is just doomed to forever have that dreaded long line

I guess Superman is just doomed to forever have that dreaded long line

If GL and Superman didnt have long queues, and had better operations, I think they would get more RPH. GL takes way to slow they always have 1 train on track when its long enought to have two. Superman would be better if they didnt wait for people to use the stairs....

It would help if they had 4 people checking restraints at Superman since they have to check both the vests and ankle restraints. Green Lantern's problem seems to be people not knowing how to follow instructions. Almost every train it seems like there are multiple people who either try to sit down or aren't standing up correctly with their feet pushed forward or knees bent.

Even when they have 3 trains running on Green Lantern it doesn't matter because by the time they are ready to dispatch one the other trains are already on the brake run ready to go back in the station.

There really should be 4 restraint checkers on all the big coasters. Only Green Lantern and Kingda Ka have 4 and the rest have 2. Having 4 restraint checkers at El Toro, Bizarro, Superman, Batman, and Nitro would really be good for the park. Skull Mountain and Mine Train have smaller trains and no seat belts, so it is more suitable to have 2 restraint checkers on those. Guests are a lot less likely to mind if the park is packed as long as they are doing everything they can to keep wait times down. Having quick dispatches is a way to keep lines down.

It would help if they had 4 people checking restraints at Superman since they have to check both the vests and ankle restraints. Green Lantern's problem seems to be people not knowing how to follow instructions. Almost every train it seems like there are multiple people who either try to sit down or aren't standing up correctly with their feet pushed forward or knees bent.

Couldn't agree more

Also, the rides are both in the front of the park so they will have long lines regardless. IT would be nice to have quicker dispatches, because for example, now on Bizarro you have to wait a pretty ridiculous amount of time to get back into the station after waiting on the brake block. GL also dispatches very slowly. Nitro doesn't need 4 restraint checkers because it doesn't have seatbelts, plus it has 3 rather long trains, and has many blocks, so that's why it has such an enormous capacity

Even when they have 3 trains running on Green Lantern it doesn't matter because by the time they are ready to dispatch one the other trains are already on the brake run ready to go back in the station.

Yeah the 3rd train didn't help much. I think that was the main reason they sent it back to Magic Mountain also since Riddler's Revenge was running 1 train for much of the year while the other train got worked on.

Last time I went to Hershey, which was back in 2011, they actually took forever to dispatch; even longer than Gadv. However they might have changed that.

The Jersey Devil would be a cool RMC name- It would be nice to know Six Flags cares for it's park's location by giving us a personalized name. It would be cool if it darted through the woods and around trees like Boulder Dash a little. I would very happy if something like this happened.

^That would be very useful. It helped a lot at disney world! I've gone to the park hundreds of times so I know what to expect in terms of lines, but people who have never gone would have no clue about it.

Those Armitron signs should never have been installed because the wait is always dependent upon how many trains/cars are in operation. Being that fluctuates from day to day there is no way a stationary printed sign can be relied upon to state the wait time. A single wait sign should be at the entrance to the queues with the time adjustable to reflect the actual wait. Place Armitron's name on that sign if it is just for sponsorship revenue.

^Agreed. I waited half an hour and the armitron sign said an hour. But the majority of the time, they are at least in the ballpark

Edited by KK456

Those armitron signs were a marketing genious by SFGADv. They all advertise for flash pass on them. And the waits are all based on 1 train operation. Which a guest who only goes to the park once, will see the wait time, and usually leave the line and go buy a flash pass. They make a ton of money off those signs in the que.