VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

2016 and Beyond Speculation at SFGA

^ If the JL rides come out as good as they should, I think they will be better than Guardian. Aside from the coaster section Guardian is basically one huge screen tunnel if I remember correctly. I think the mixture of screens and props that the JL ride should have will make a better illusion-I'd rather see that one come here

Edited by RC98

The investment level I understand...but are they surrenddering the next generation of customers by not catering to the type of "Thrill" those kids will want? My generation loved the wooden coasters.. today its loops and screaming steel drops,, next comes Illusion, and the investment is heavy, but the ones who make it will make big bucks and the others will becomes county fair carnivals...

One thing I believe Mack is testing is 3D animation glasses that you put on while riding coasters that are synced up to the ride's layout. Basically, you are in a game-like animation where you are flying, chasing bad guys, or whatever while simultaneously riding the coaster.

I think that could be a viable option to give riders an immersive experience without spending millions and millions. But to answer your question, I do not feel real-life thrills will ever be replaced at regional parks like SF and CF, whose clientele is teens and young adults, as opposed yo family destinations like Disney and Universal.

I think a nice combination of both simulation and real life thrills is a good way to go. Like The Mummy or Harry Potter at Universal. The only problem is that there's more chance of breakdowns.

Obvious choice would be the Simulator Building, but I think it should be in Old Country and then also add a few flats and add a show there.

Simulator building is where i think it it should go. It has been unused for years now. Does anyone know if it is actually used for anything like storage right now? If not then either but a dark ride in there or get rid of it.

^^^ive been on both recently. Manor takes up a little bit the old queue (remember when i went on "Fly me to the Moon") and Total Darkness takes up an unused area of the building i believe i think it was used for "The Right Stuff" but not sure. Nothing currently takes up the actual theater. I think it still remains with all the seats still there. I believe that they will renovate that building to thr JL dark ride in the forseeable future if it turns out well in SFSL and SFOT

Amen. But dont look for it to happen. Id like to see the paintball go. Some replanting of the area around the four tents. Seeing how there is other pathways around. Drop the fast pass system. even Disney admitted it didnt work. Make ride time avilable to pass holders as up charge. limiting to a few rides a day. and no overlapping ala Disney Universal. If you have a ride time for KK say at 11:30-11:45 then you cant use the next until youve used you KK gate. This would level the playing field. Once your assigned a sit on a attraction your done no jumping to change. No more front car access. wait areas. We didnt havnt in the beginning. ANd disney still doesnt. This would speed up load times and dispatches. Now you have crowed control in place without the guests even being aware of it. So if Nitros your game and you want the front reride till you get. Another suggestion. Single rides no speical lane till the end of the cue. Another words youll wait like everyone else. But you can have a host divide them off at the platform. We did it in the beginning and it can be done again.

One Size Fits All. Thats what works. Drop all the favoritsm specials..all they do is create heavy duty hassles. You want to do the "make and appointment" ok that seems to work... but no fees make it part of the day.. and limit the use of that feature.

OK, so here's my idea, and with it comes 2 disclaimers.

1) I am not an artist.

2) I am not a coaster designer.

Great! Now that the legalese is out of the way, have a look at my poorly cropped google maps pic of the Old Country. There is so much room there that's ripe for the taking, and it would really round out the park nicely.

Option 1 is the blue coaster. That can be a giga, wing rider, or rmc. Whatever you prefer, the swath of land is big for a ride like that. The red is the station, with arrows showing direction of travel. Orange is the lift and then the brakes at the end. There's a ton of room for a long, airtime filled, any kind of ride feature you want coaster.

Option 2 uses the Chiller station (with an external renovation so it fits better in the area) to do a multiple launch coaster like Intaminous_Me said. It would launch out of the robin side through the observatory, then do some fun inverting jazziness to turn back into the area behind TDKC. Swing back around, do a dive loop back into the observatory/Batman station. Launch out the back of that, fling around a bit (that's the technical term), and safely and soundly arrive back into the Robin side.

Now, I'm not advocating for both (right away at least :hat: ), but one of them could revitalize the area. Then the two Pink circles with F's are Flat ride areas that would still allow both coasters at some point. Obviously, if the only plan is build the blue coaster, then the whole other side where Spin Meister and Musik Express were opens up for flats as well. Opposite for only the green coaster.

WIth all the talk already of them saving money this year to install something big next year, I think 1 (ONE) coaster here and a flat or two would be a great way (and admittedly greedy way) to revitalize that area and open up a big area to disperse crowds to. Thoughts on my idea? Save your thoughts on my awesome artwork. Unless you think it's awesome.

I am a team member in the lakefront and the first coaster design wouldnt really work because it interfears with some of the buildings back there and also it is really close to the picnic grove and would disturb anyone hosting a group event that uses the picnic grove. I do like the second design but the area behind dark knight is used as a passage way for employes so that they dont have to walk to through the park. I use this path every day i work and it shaves off a couple minutes. A couple minutes may not seem like alot but when your running late its nice to get to your section without having to walk throught the crowds of guests. The area behind dark knight also lets the employes running dark knight get to their ride without having to go through the que. It also helps create an easy way for supervisors to get to Dark knight or other sections.