VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

2016 and Beyond Speculation at SFGA

Forget the coasters guys, we need a lot of problems to fix this park in next couple years:

1) Restoring of theming stuff for Batman the Ride

2) New Batman Stunt Show called Batman & Robin Stunt Speculator where the Joker, Penguin and Catwoman has plans to use nuclear missile to nuke

the Gotham City so Batman and Robin have to stop them before it's too late, there would be special effects and laser show during the nights only.

3) Justice League: Battle for Metropolis to replacing the former the Right Stuff simulator theater.

4) Add the pathways to Kingda Ka near by El Toro.

5) Restoring all themed stuff to Movietown (Warner Bros. Studio Set), Golden Kingdom, etc.

6) Couple new coasters like wing coaster and RCM wooden coaster or giga coaster.

7) Six Flags would have rights to use partnership with Dragonfly to use for helicopter rides to touring over Six Flags Great Adventure.

8) Scooby-Doo dark ride would be placed in Lakefront

9) A new Batman simulator would put in the former Chiller station and themed to Wayne Manor.

10) A new Looney Tunes themed land replaces Looney Tunes Seaport called Bugs Bunny Boomtown.

11) Build a hotel near by the theme park, for the millions of guests will come for year round,

it would have a indoor water park like Great Escape's Lodge for year round

12) The parking lot would be fixing a lot like the trams returning.

13) The water tower would be restoring with a new sign "Six Flags Great Adventure" with Bugs Bunny on it.

14) No more ads on rides, etc. I hate it!

15) There would be more rides like returning of the Flying Waves swingers, Musik Express would be restoring and be opening again,

there would be a train ride like Six Flags Great America to tour the park for stops at Main Street, Golden Kingdom, Frontier Adventures,

Lakefront, Bugs Bunny Boomtown and Movietown.

16) There would be a Hanna-Barbera themed land with some rides like Ranger Smith's Jeep Tours, The Jetsons Flying Spaceships,

The Mystery Machine, Huckleberry Hound Railroad, The Smurfs Playground, Pixie & Dixie Speedway, The Flintstones train ride and others.

17) Fixing all themed stuff for Skull Mountain.

18) There would be more TV monitors (Six Flags TV) to put on lines for rides like Log Flume, Giant Wheel, Houdini's Great Escape, Runaway Train, Zumanjaro: Drop of Doom, etc.

19) Add the TV monitors for the HBO Backlot area in Movietown

20) The returning of water ski shows at Lakefront Grandstand.

Lol, this guy. Regarding #14, I see no problem with the ads on the ride, it gives them more money, which gives us more rides. I don't understand the hate for ads in general.

I don't mind the ads in the park in general (I'd rather not have them at all but like you said they bring the park more money). The ads on the station or trains I really don't like. I hated how they covered up the historical photos on the Fort near Runaway Mine Train with the Polly O ads and wrapped the train with it as well. Same thing with Scream Machine. They have a patriotic themed station with red, white and blue trains and then they cover the station graphic with an ad and put wraps on the white train. If they just kept them to the queue lines and the midways, I don't think it would be so bad, And the Takis ads all over Skull Mountain really take away from the theme of the ride.

But anyway, our park does need a new coaster. El Diablo does not fill the case here. What i think we could be getting in 2016 is either

RMC, let that Alan dude's imagination go nuts,

-Giga ( Unlikely but hey, we got money from the last few years)

- Wing Coaster ( my original prediction) but they kinda blow a little bit unless you spend the big bucks which SF wont do.

- racing woodie by GCI

- JL Dark Ride ( More likely in 17)

- another off year, maybe a flat ride clean up the park ( unlikely)

Here is what they should do non attraction related:

-lower season passes, $70 is fine, the more people the more $

- add a LEGIT restuarant besides Primo's amd Johnny Rocket's!!! Add something like Chick-Fil-A its good and will attract people. Add like two.

- Scenery is basically fine but add a coupe more bush statues.

- FIX MOVIETOWN ( they recently added a Sports Bar there...)

- ReOpen Old Country it will add a new flat ride and more food and easier paths.

-Ads are fine, but they should just keep them on the trains NOT THE ACTUAL COASTER STRUCTURE Cough El Toro Cough

-Get the Superhero characters roaming again

- add the night parade, i still remember how good it was

-put good things on the TV monitors, Looney Cartoons and Six Flags are fine, everything else NONONO

-Add more games outside of the boardwalk

- Open up a new path to GK

^ this is very long but continuation

- get rid of the fright fest part of the similator building and add something year round there!

- Change half of the boardwalk to DC Universe

-Great Lake Grandstand = Removed OR Add a new boat show or weekend fireworks, the July 4th fireworks are too good for 3 days in a year :)

- get ride of the sea lion show and make an actual interesting show, not the same crap everytime

-ADD MORE SHOWS

- Already have a good fright fest

- Get Mr. Six back ( unlikely cause Anderson dosent like him)

- Make better commercials

-Stop promoting other parks in SFGADV ( I saw Tatsu, A 400 foot SkyScreamer, and a RMC in ads...)

-Repaint Nitro, redo the line.

- do something with the Chiller station

-add more shops

Just making this list makes me think just how much our park needs to see a doctor...

^Lowering season passes is nt going to happen, nor do I want it to. I gt my SFA gold pass with parking for $50 in 2015. That's insane, and I wouldn't want SF to sell them for less. It allows too many teenagers to leech off the park without turning any profits. They'll make more money off them by increasing prices, which attracts families over teenagers, which again increased in park spending. I would have no problem paying $100 for a gold pass. Its still a great value and underpriced compared to the competition.

Since Bizzaro is the oldest coaster in the park, it is most likely the next to go. If Bizarro goes a wing coaster could take its place. Within the next few years of not having a floorless Green Lanturn could possibly get the Rougarou/ Mantis Floorless treatment depending on the success of Rougarou

the rumor of Bizarro being relocated started probably around 2009. It's still a popular coaster, so unless something comes up, I don't see it leaving anytime soon. There's still plenty of space for a new coaster - by Kingda Ka's tower/RT turnaround, Chiller's old plot, etc.

I hope we get an RMC and I next were next in line for one. If we look at the chain of RMC's in the past years it looks like we're next.

2011- New Texas Giant SFOT

2012- No RMC's

2013- Iron Rattler SFFT

2014- Goliath SFGA

Medusa Steel Coaster SFM

2015- Twisted Colossus SFMM

Wicked Cyclone SFNE

I know everyone says were probably not gonna get an RMC in 2016 but It would be great. We would be a powerhouse The Big 4 KK/Toro/Nitro/RMC It would be a different ride experience from Toro and it would have a lot of inversions maybe the most inversions on a hybrid coaster!

I don't want to be that guy to point out the obvious... but Mine Train and Batman are older than Bizarro.

Then woundnt get rid of Batman, but I could see the getting rid of RMT. It is very very bumpy, well at least for 12+ year olds that are 5,0". The ride is old and needs a paint job too. That should be replaced by a new family roller coaster. It does have good a scenery and is long though. Give it credit for that. Bizarro wouldnt leave because its fairly new and its still fairly unique. I love the ride anyway. Pretty compact too IMO

If Gadv scrapped the Mine Train I would be genuinely disappointed. It was my first "big" coaster, an I'm sure was for many around here. It's a classic that has been there since the park opened the gates in 1974. It's the only Classic the park has left, and after scrapping the Scream Machine and RT, the Mine Train absolutely needs to stay. If they scrap this ride the park will have completely forgotten where it came from. I'm all for innovation and progress, especially in this industry, but you can't get rid of everything that got you where you are.

Batman is probably the least likely coaster to be removed from the park. Every park in the chain except Great Escape has some kind of inverted coaster (either a Batman clone or SLC) so it would have no other park to go to. I would be disappointed to see Runaway Mine Train removed besides the history the ride has, it's fun and rarely has a long line.

Now idk if this is good but our park is suppose to be buying 100 acres worth of land to put something of power, that's a lot of money right there so I don't know if were getting anything next year anymore lol(source screamscape.com)

The park already owns the 100 acres intended for the solar panels.

I hope that what ever 2016 brings us, it will revitalize some of the run down areas of the park ( like Adventure Seaport, Movie Town and the back end of the boardwalk). If we were to get a RMC I would like to see something like Six Flags Mexico's Medusa inverted first drop mixed with Wicked Cyclone layout. A twisted hybrid woodie would complement our amazing out and back El Toro as well as offer two complete different experiences without trying to out do each other. However If we were to get a Premier launched coaster, I just hope it won't be a one trick pony like Full Throttle. Being that we did get two thrill rides back to back I wouldn't be surprised if they went with a family attraction like Justice League followed by a thrill ride in 2017.