VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

2016 and Beyond Speculation at SFGA

I hope everyone realizes what ever is coming 2016 is already planned, payed for in some amount and is in production. Its now the middle of June, Late August Early September is ride announcement timing. And they start building pretty much right after that. A couple months to produce a S&S isnt much time, so either this is for 2017 or its already been put in production months ago and the survey is just a hint or diversion.

I hate to burst everyone's bubble but that survey for a S&S Free Spin is for EVERY Six Flags park. Even Six Flags Fiesta Texas who just added a Free Spin.

If you go by that survey, Every Six Flags park will add a Free Spin next year.

We've already told everybody this, but they still believe we're getting it because ScreamScape makes up rumors.

Edited by YoungPup

I assume the ones from the "not so distant" past are still possible options for the Park. I know "Cyclone" was from 99' and we got "Medusa" instead.

Cyclone was actually around 1990/91. There are several things that I was sworn to secrecy on from the not so distant past (the last 10 years) which never happened due to last minute changes of plans or just blue sky ideas that never went any further.

I hope everyone realizes what ever is coming 2016 is already planned, payed for in some amount and is in production. Its now the middle of June, Late August Early September is ride announcement timing. And they start building pretty much right after that. A couple months to produce a S&S isnt much time, so either this is for 2017 or its already been put in production months ago and the survey is just a hint or diversion.

Not really. This isn't Disney where they work on a multi year schedule, and Six Flags has OFTEN cancelled things or placed orders at the last minute (literally), which is why they often are late opening. I know that for the past several years plans were not finalized until the day before the company wide announcements. It's only if they are buying a really custom ride that they would need the lead time to place the order and begin construction. Most of what they buy/build is off the shelf stuff that could be built on any flat piece of ground anywhere.

• Like 1

Screamscape today is reporting that next year the "Safari Off Road Adventure" is looking to add Cheetah's and Baboon's. He is saying this came from a reader of his site that was told by a Safari Guide.

Edited by Railer

^I know for a fact that they would like to add numerous animals, of which Ill remain quiet about, but if it will actually happen, who knows..... Take it with a grain of salt.... just how they are 'working on incorporating the baboons' for the past how many years?

I remember rumors of when the simulator building was supposed to be converted into a 4d or 5d attraction which would have been upcharge but instead they went with Green Lantern in 2011 due to management change. Which is why the simulator building was gutted and to this day remains empty.

This guy I know went to the SFFT media day and casually chatted with the guys from S&S there, and they said that the next one will be here at SFGAdv and will be larger. Take this with a grain of salt, but it is actually a huge possibility.

This guy I know went to the SFFT media day and casually chatted with the guys from S&S there, and they said that the next one will be here at SFGAdv and will be larger. Take this with a grain of salt, but it is actually a huge possibility.

Like the Mod said, nothing is really decided until kinda last minute, so I don't think the "S&S Guy" would know that far back, where the next ride would be going. And I don't think the construction companies would be dumb enough to just tell secrets to the public. I actually don't believe anybody talked to anybody, and whoever this "Guy" you know, is a liar.

Edited by YoungPup

Scream scape brought up a good point today about why we probably aren't getting a RMC. Seems RMC has put out the word of wanting to hire local crews in some states and NJ isn't one of them. The locations where mentioned and what parks are in those areas and it falls in line with what has been said about who might be getting RMC for 2016. Things could change though

I'm [finally] locking in my prediction. Larger 10 Inversion S&S Free Fly Coaster with modifications to increase capacity for 2016. Although It's not exactly what I would like, it just seems pretty obvious right now.

its a cool coater concept but cant say I am jumping up and down about it (if that is in fact what end up getting)

Is it possible no six flag park will see any kind of BIG ground up coaster any time in the near future? and buy big Im talking Nitro scale

Perhaps, but I feel if Six Flags were to build a giga, they would have already. They're also very expensive, and the chain has shown in recent years that they'd rather budget 7 or 8 million dollar rides in multiple parks instead of budgeting 20-25 million for one park to add one ride.

It has nothing to do if whether a park can or can't have two similar coasters. It has to do with cost. Gigas run from 20 to 30 million. Six Flags doesn't want to spend that much money on one park, when they have twelve other parks to account for as well.