VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

2016 and Beyond Speculation at SFGA

I'm new to the site and I think that we should get a new coaster next year. I know we did get Green Lantern not too long ago, but Magic Mountain has been getting new thrills mostly every year. To be honest I'm hoping for a ride like Full Throttle that's original.

Yeah I completely agree, I personally think we need a new launch coaster and something like full throttle would fit in the area where fort independence is. Btw welcome :D Edited by Chrislovescoasters

Yeah I completely agree, I personally think we need a new launch coaster and something like full throttle would fit in the area where fort independence is. Btw welcome :D

Thanks, another idea is an Iron Thunder or Twisted Thunder addition since it's been done in about 4-5 Six Flags parks already (another reason it might not be done) but El Toro is considered by many to be the best Woodie in the world that also may be a reason that an Iron version of Thunder may not happen. Especially since Rolling Thunder was closed to make room for a ride that isn't an upgrade to Rolling Thunder.

At this point it's pretty much a "lock" we are getting "Total Meyham" for 2016, and it will be listed as a ride in the "Fantasy Forest". Along with it will come retail near the rides exit, and a new dining/snack option somewhere in the area also.

I'd love too see an Iron thunder or Thunders revenege where it it duels but has one station like Twisted Colloussus. El Diablo can be easily moved and Zumanjaro's queue can be relocated if they really wanted it to. Unfortunately I don't think that is something that will be happening anytime soon. But i would much rather see the park focus on movietown, old country and the seaport area for next few seasons.

I'd love too see an Iron thunder or Thunders revenege where it it duels but has one station like Twisted Colloussus. El Diablo can be easily moved and Zumanjaro's queue can be relocated if they really wanted it to. Unfortunately I don't think that is something that will be happening anytime soon. But i would much rather see the park focus on movietown, old country and the seaport area for next few seasons.

A ground up RMC would be amazing they could make it duel and call it Thunders Revenge or Rolling Thunders Legacy something like that or I personally think we should have got a premier launched coaster this year we need a launch that isn't as intense as Ka

Edited by TopThrills

At this point it's pretty much a "lock" we are getting "Total Meyham" for 2016, and it will be listed as a ride in the "Fantasy Forest". Along with it will come retail near the rides exit, and a new dining/snack option somewhere in the area also.

+1. They'll "revitalize" that area of the park with loud music, obnoxious advertising, and some new retail and food options.

• Like 2

At this point it's pretty much a "lock" we are getting "Total Mayhem" for 2016, and it will be listed as a ride in the "Fantasy Forest". Along with it will come retail near the rides exit, and a new dining/snack option somewhere in the area also.

Exactly the kind of comments I HATE. Nothing is on "Lock", and nowhere is there ANY rumor that we're getting anything called Total Mayhem (I fixed Mayhem for you). Six Flags (The company) bought that name, and no where does it say anything about SFGA having anything to do with that name. Stop talking like you're the park president, and you know exactly what's going on. I don't care if we do get Total Mayhem, right now YOU have no clue what we're getting, you're just guessing.

• Like 1

Seriously, I just want the park to build something impressive this year. If that happens, I'm happy. Whether it be theming-wise, or statistical wise, if it's impressive then I'm all good :)

EDIT: Isn't it around this time that the park/company starts putting up the first teasers? I don't remember when it started last year, but I'd like a teaser so all this debate about speculation can finally come to an end and we'll have some evidence of a new addition

Edited by KK456
  • Like 1

Exactly the kind of comments I HATE. Nothing is on "Lock", and nowhere is there ANY rumor that we're getting anything called Total Mayhem (I fixed Mayhem for you). Six Flags (The company) bought that name, and no where does it say anything about SFGA having anything to do with that name. Stop talking like you're the park president, and you know exactly what's going on. I don't care if we do get Total Mayhem, right now YOU have no clue what we're getting, you're just guessing.

I'm not even going to reply to any of it, i could care less what anyone's opinion is "youngpup". To keep thing's "on topic" though, Friday night on my way into the Firework's i was told it is coming, all the fact's are already out there except i'm not sure of the type (6 or 10 element) I'm not going to get into it anymore than that, but you have no idea who i know at the park, and i'm not a "name dropper", but they were at the Grandstand before the Fri night show.

I personally believe we're getting a giga coaster next year :P

See where you said "Believe"? Even though your comment was a joke, you still didn't make it like you're the park president, and you just simply stated what you BELIEVE we're getting. You didn't say "We're getting a Giga" like Railer.

The problem with a Giga Coaster is we already have Nitro, which continually gets the Golden Ticket award. I've been dreaming for a ride like X2 but I doubt that will happen any time ever. I would love a ride from Premier Rides such as Full Throttle though, but If Six Flags gives Magic Mountain a Coaster and us nothing then I will loose myself.

Edited by Tower

If the park ever were to get a giga, I'd hope it would be from Intamin rather than B&M so it would at least be somewhat different compared to what Cedar Fair did with Canada's Wonderland and Carowinds where they get a B&M hyper and then a few years later add a B&M giga.

I mean, a giga for me for some reason just doesn't really fit, and even though Giga coasters are common in Cedar Point, Carowinds, Canadas Wonderland ect. Those are all Cedar Fair parks, and I don't think Six Flags would really be in to adding Gigas in Any Six Flags park any time soon.

The giga thing has come up literally every year among fangroup circles since MF was announced. It would definitely fit in fine regardless of Nitro, but with SF's recent additions there is no way it is happening.

This. Six Flags is not one that puts Giga Coasters in their parks. I'm honestly hoping for a Full Throttle clone or something else insane from Premier Rides. I don't want an S&S 4D ride, I want something insane that will bring more guests to the park.

Lets just all be realistic here and think. What other park could be getting the free spin? Our park is pretty much the only good option. Also, about capacity, just look at Green Lantern and Six Flags Magic Mountain. Green Lantern has horrible capacity and Magic Mountain is one of the most visited parks in the world! Im sure that this free spin will work out perfectly! There is really no reason to hate on it.

Lets just all be realistic here and think. What other park could be getting the free spin? Our park is pretty much the only good option. Also, about capacity, just look at Green Lantern and Six Flags Magic Mountain. Green Lantern has horrible capacity and Magic Mountain is one of the most visited parks in the world! Im sure that this free spin will work out perfectly! There is really no reason to hate on it.

I'd imagine SFOG and SFGAm are candidates for the 4D as well.

The thing is most people won't want a ride just because of its capacity. Me as well as many others want a really good thrill ride such as a Launched B&M Wing Rider or a Full Throttle type ride from Premier Rides. That's just my opinion though and I guess a free fly coaster could work out. But I doubt that Free Fly coasters would a become a trend in Six Flags parks like Wooden Remakes are.

On the Giga discussion.. I would argue that Carowinds got a Giga not for the coaster, but for the marketing value. They're trying to turn Carowinds from a local park into a destination amusement park. They're expensive and extremely repetitive when you already have a B&M hyper (and imagine us having 6 B&Ms?). Great Adventure already has plenty of their marketing tricks. World's tallest coaster, tallest drop tower, fastest coaster in North America, World's Largest Theme Park, World's Best Wooden Coaster, Top Steel Coaster, etc. Giga is a marketing tool. Fury 325 was constantly trending on Facebook (and not just amongst enthusiasts).

Edited by Matt Kaiser

I wish we were getting a "Giga". But at this moment now, ever since i saw the "dueler" concept, i think that would be the best move the park EVER did. I would be "state of the art", nostalgic, and bring life back to one of the best area's of the Park.

But i just got back from the last ever event to be held in the "Great Lake Grandstand", there really was a "sad air" over a "fine tuned" show from the Fri night one. All the top people working tonight were there, from Fitzgerald all the way down. But it was the last ever show the way it's been for 41yrs. But i was told the dock's are NOT going anywhere, and it's not the end of Firework's on the Great Lake, just the way they have been viewed.