VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

2016 and Beyond Speculation at SFGA

I wish we were getting a "Giga". But at this moment now, ever since i saw the "dueler" concept, i think that would be the best move the park EVER did. I would be "state of the art", nostalgic, and bring life back to one of the best area's of the Park.

I have a hard time believing any attractions in the foreseeable future would be better decisions than Nitro or El Toro. Especially Nitro, which put the park on the global radar.

Why did i think it was original? lol I knew they were originally launched by Runaway, but i thought the Grandstand was original.

But yeah, Nitro started it all, and bumped the park up to another level, and then they followed it up better than any of us back then could of envisioned. But just where we are at now, i would REALLY welcome that "dueler". Just from what we have lost over the year's, that one ride would fill a couple "holes" we now have. And what would have to come with a ride back in that spot, the "Old Country" area back (I doubt it will be as the "Old Country" though). I know that's not in this year's plans, and that ride could be for any Park in the chain. But if that ride don't pop up anywhere in 2016, the 2017 speculation of us getting it will begin. No matter what, they still did mark those Water lines in the front of the Park for something, and it could of even been just for the design phase of a ride in the park. They need to know where all the utility's are for even the design phase in an area. But this is all total speculation, and this year's is over (to me anyway) but if nothing else comes in the area where they marked them, it had to have been for something.

I'm gonna weigh in on this giga concept; Matt hit it right on the nail, the giga coaster is mostly a marketing tool in some of the parks. Fury 325 is one of the few coasters that the GP constantly discussed, and Carowinds added it to become a destination themepark. Leviathan was not added for attention like F325, but the second reason; to make CW a destination themepark. The same for KD as well (but the reasoning behind that is a bit different than the others, but that's for another time). The thing is, we're already a destination themepark and although I would cry with joy if we got anything like I305, we don't need one right now.

Plus, SF is adding attractions that won't break the bank but will gradually improve the park. They're no longer interested in spending 20+ million on each park, but instead making sure that ever park gets some sort of addition. It's working for the most part, and the GP is for the most part ok with it, but it seems us regulars/enthusiasts aren't liking it. They see no need to majorly change our park for the time being like CP did with Carowinds (there are actually quite a few reasons Carowinds recieved a giga this year).

Also I agree with Nitro1118. Nitro and El Toro were the best decisions the park ever made, and very, very few things could top that.

I'm gonna weigh in on this giga concept; Matt hit it right on the nail, the giga coaster is mostly a marketing tool in some of the parks. Fury 325 is one of the few coasters that the GP constantly discussed, and Carowinds added it to become a destination themepark. Leviathan was not added for attention like F325, but the second reason; to make CW a destination themepark. The same for KD as well (but the reasoning behind that is a bit different than the others, but that's for another time). The thing is, we're already a destination themepark and although I would cry with joy if we got anything like I305, we don't need one right now.

Plus, SF is adding attractions that won't break the bank but will gradually improve the park. They're no longer interested in spending 20+ million on each park, but instead making sure that ever park gets some sort of addition. It's working for the most part, and the GP is for the most part ok with it, but it seems us regulars/enthusiasts aren't liking it. They see no need to majorly change our park for the time being like CP did with Carowinds (there are actually quite a few reasons Carowinds recieved a giga this year).

Also I agree with Nitro1118. Nitro and El Toro were the best decisions the park ever made, and very, very few things could top that.

A dueler could go right below the Nitro and El Toro chain :D

Lets just all be realistic here and think. What other park could be getting the free spin? Our park is pretty much the only good option. Also, about capacity, just look at Green Lantern and Six Flags Magic Mountain. Green Lantern has horrible capacity and Magic Mountain is one of the most visited parks in the world! Im sure that this free spin will work out perfectly! There is really no reason to hate on it.

Umm maybe because the ride sucks....? Not a big fan of just constant flipping.

I seem to agree with a lot of your opinions lol. Like I said to completely honest I would just want a B&M Wing Rider or a Premier Rides launch coaster similar to Full Throttle at Magic Mountain. Just my opinion.

Ever actually ride it? Because I have, and it isn't "constant" flipping and it definitely does not suck.

After riding Twister for the first time in a while, I realized what a unique feeling it is. Nothing else in the park feels like that. (Maybe slingshot, if you're lucky). Flipping isn't for everyone, but I think it would be great for the park to have another flipping experience.

After riding Twister for the first time in a while, I realized what a unique feeling it is. Nothing else in the park feels like that. (Maybe slingshot, if you're lucky). Flipping isn't for everyone, but I think it would be great for the park to have another flipping experience.

EXACTLY! Also, the park tries to make different experiences for every coaster. A 4D Coaster would definitley boost that collection!

I was referring to Green Lantern at Magic Mountain, not Batman at Fiesta Texas. But even so, the flipping is dependent on the weight in the car. I understand not everyone will be pleased with this addition (if the park ends up getting it) but wait until you've actually ridden it to form an opinion.

A 4D Free-Fly is a unique coaster experience, and it will be a good draw to the Park. They will promote it as the Park's 14th Coaster, and at least it is a Coaster this time being promoted as one.

I'd rather have the Free Fly but I think if the park added it most enthusiasts probably wouldn't really want it since it looks like more of a family coaster than a thrill coaster.