VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Six Flags Additions for 2016

Rumor wrapup for 2016:

Below is a recap of the latest rumors floating around on Screamscape and the internet.

Six Flags America - Waterpark Expansion
Six Flags Discovery Kingdom -
Six Flags Fiesta Texas -
Six Flags Great Adventure -

Six Flags Hurricane Harbor (NJ) -
Six Flags Great America -
Six Flags Magic Mountain -
Six Flags Mexico -
Six Flags New England -
Six Flags Over Georgia -
Six Flags Over Texas -
Six Flags St Louis -
Great Escape -

LaRonde -

Feel free to update this topic with the latest rumors and confirmations.

At SF America the Park posted a sign hinting toward's a Water Park expansion. I love this little speculation "chart" every year. Especially when you start adding "confirmed" to it. One thing i am really glad about is that we DON'T have an RMC yet when all the other "major" Six Flags Park's do. And the rerason for that is they have had time to "evolve", cause' when we do finally get our's, it won't be anything "less" than the ones already made. And to top Wicked Cyclone and Twisted Colussus we'll have to get something really special.

Edited by Railer

^ Just to narrow it down even further...

SF Over Texas, Fiesta Texas, Mexico, Magic Mountain, Great America, and New England already have RMC so they shouldn't be the one either. The Great Escape is a smaller family park that SF likely wouldn't spend the money on for a RMC.

That leaves SF St. Louis, Discovery Kingdom, La Ronde, Over Georgia, and us. And out of all of those, we're the only park with early signs of construction.

Just something to think about :)

Edited by RC98

My Guesses that I had before the Six Flags America Rumors

SFOT- S&S Launched El Loco Coaster
SFOG- Phase 2 of Hurricane Harbor with a Lazy River, 6 Slide Complex
SFStL- Boss is Iron Horse'd/ Batman Backwards
SFGAdv- Justice League Dark Ride
SFMM- Funtime 415ft Star Flyer
SFGAm- Justice League Dark Ride
SFAm- Funtime 300ft Star Flyer
SFFT- Larson Super Loop
TGE- Proslide Raft Ride
SFNE- Larson Super Loop
SFDK- S&S Free Spin
SFM- Larson Super Loop
LR- Monstre is Iron Horse'd

New Screamscape rumors added:

Six Flags Discovery Kingdom -
Six Flags Fiesta Texas -
Six Flags Great Adventure - S&S 4D Freestyle Coaster

Six Flags Great America - Justice League Battle for Metropolis Dark Ride
Six Flags Mexico - Justice League Battle for Metropolis Dark Ride ?
Six Flags New England -
Six Flags Over Georgia - Justice League Battle for Metropolis Dark Ride ?
Six Flags Over Texas -
Six Flags St Louis -
Great Escape -

LaRonde -

Personally I don't think an S&S 4D coaster is a good fit at all here. Even with more cars, it would still be lower capacity than most types of coasters. We really need another coaster that can eat up lines like Nitro, because lines for one of those Free Fly coasters would be unimaginable. I don't even want to think of how long they would be with our standard of operations, and I personally despise long lines, so I likely wouldn't even ride in the first season and wait until the lines got bearable.

Personally I don't think an S&S 4D coaster is a good fit at all here. Even with more cars, it would still be lower capacity than most types of coasters. We really need another coaster that can eat up lines like Nitro, because lines for one of those Free Fly coasters would be unimaginable. I don't even want to think of how long they would be with our standard of operations, and I personally despise long lines, so I likely wouldn't even ride in the first season and wait until the lines got bearable.

I agree with you. That is the main thing I put in the comment section. However, it is all relative. The GP will quickly figure out the line moves slowly, and they will stop queuing up after it reaches a certain point, just like Chiller (where it rarely ever got far outside of the building). I'd say it will consistently be a 1.5-2 hour wait on busy days the first year, though.

^ I said the capacity would be an issue at G Adventure in the comment's also. And i also said that if they do go with a S&S, to NOT just "plop" it down in front of the Lake in the Aqua Stadium/Stage/Grandstand area, unless they keep it as close to Blackbeard's as possible. The spec sheet for Free-Fly's says it's footprint is 200ft by 36ft on the standard "6 Element" one. So if they do keep it close to Blackbeard's it will go out to about where the Grandstand ends now. If we get the bigger "10 element" one, i'm not sure how far out it will go. I did mention that if that is the Park's budget this year, to go with an RMC with the Station in Aqua's spot, with the lift going down the Swtlick Driveway, and a return trip partially over the Lake. At least Management knows about the "Dream" now lol.

RMC put up a job posting for 2 full-time Surveyor spot's with the company. But the posting says it a travelling position that start's immediately in Pigeon Forge Tennessee (Dollywood's RMC) then California, (confirms Roar) and then Kentucky. There is RMC's 3, 2016 North American Coaster project locations.

^Forgot to post that :D . This basically confirms everything RMC is doing for 2016, with the notable exception of Wildfire amid the controversy surrounding it

RMC put up a job posting for 2 full-time Surveyor spot's with the company. But the posting says it a travelling position that start's immediately in Pigeon Forge Tennessee (Dollywood's RMC) then California, (confirms Roar) and then Kentucky. There is RMC's 3, 2016 North American Coaster project locations.

There is also a rumor of RMC Topper Tracking or maybe Iron Horse'ing (sp?) Ghost Rider at Knott's.

Personally I think Grizzly needs it more than Ghost Rider but that's me.

I wonder if 2015 might have been the last year for new SkyScreamers. The only parks that lack one (that would have a chance of adding one) are Magic Mountain, Great America, and SFA, and each park (for different reasons) seems very unlikely to add one in 2016. It's a shame--I'm a fan of Great Adventure's version, and I was hoping for one closer to me at SFA.

Edited by Password121

• 4 weeks later...

The announcement confirms it. I guess Roar really is going to be RMC'd. I wonder what they could do with that GCI layout. It is surprising though that they're doing this to a rather new woodie; If i'm correct, it was only built in 1999...

The announcement confirms it. I guess Roar really is going to be RMC'd. I wonder what they could do with that GCI layout. It is surprising though that they're doing this to a rather new woodie; If i'm correct, it was only built in 1999...

Medusa was built in 2000 I believe and was RMC'd, so that doesn't surprise me. What surprises me is the amount of attention that park has received the last few years. Before the season I would have guessed us or SFOG would be seeing the next SF RMC. Even SFA would have felt more likely.

Unless they burn it to the ground...

Medusa was built in 2000 I believe and was RMC'd, so that doesn't surprise me. What surprises me is the amount of attention that park has received the last few years. Before the season I would have guessed us or SFOG would be seeing the next SF RMC. Even SFA would have felt more likely.

The Georgia Cyclone is a really compact ride. Maybe RMC is going to try roar since it's a more compact ride than others they have worked on before the tackle the mess that is the Georgia Cylclone.

As per Screamscape rumors:

Six Flags Discovery Kingdom - Roar RNC Treatment
Six Flags Fiesta Texas -
Six Flags Great Adventure - S&S 4D Freestyle Coaster

Six Flags Great America - Justice League Battle for Metropolis Dark Ride
Six Flags Mexico - Justice League Battle for Metropolis Dark Ride ?
Six Flags New England -
Six Flags Over Georgia - Justice League Battle for Metropolis Dark Ride ?
Six Flags Over Texas -
Six Flags St Louis -
Great Escape -

LaRonde -