VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Tent of Tomorrow

J4Sing

Since Great Adventure has it's own legacy of the 1964-1965 New York World's Fair,(the Von Roll Skyride) I thought I would mention here a website I created last November to inspire public awareness of the plight of another World's Fair legacy, which is now on the list of world's most endangered historical structures.This amazing structure is in need of some very serious help. Have a look at the site- you might just see the skyride cruising the skies in the distance.

http://tentoftomorrow.com/default.aspx

Great page! I have been meaning to get to Flushing Meadows to see the Unisphere and the general park area including this pavillion. I am definitely getting there this year! It's a shame to see such a grand landmark so down and out but it is promising that it can be refurbished and not simply leveled.

I forgot to mention the web site has 8 pages, including construction shots and views from the towers.(you can see the Great Adventure skyride in a couple of the shots!) If you only saw the home page, you missed the best stuff!

I am hosting an event on Sunday, June 22 at Flushing Meadow Park. We will be touring the Tent of Tomorrow as well as several other World's fair sites. All are welcome!

• 2 months later...

It approaches fast! So far we have 40+ people going for the day at Flushing Meadow Park. June 22nd, 10am, south parking lot of the Queens Museum. Anyone here interested in going?

It approaches fast! So far we have 40+ people going for the day at Flushing Meadow Park. June 22nd, 10am, south parking lot of the Queens Museum. Anyone here interested in going?

I am! Please make it 42+ people! I've been meaning to do this for a long time and this sounds like a great way to see the old NY World's Fair site.

• 2 weeks later...