VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

What does Hurricane Harbor need next?

I wouldn't mind seeing a 'bowl' type slide, water coster, or although close to 'tornado'- a tornado24 by proslide like the one at Great Wolf Lodge in PA-

1000-double-barrel.jpg

That ride was loads of fun. Just something that is fun and guaranteed to get wet on. I also wouldn't mind seeing drop capsule rides, although body slides are not my preferred type of slide.

Definitely think next addition should go by Big wave racer or the slides by the kids play area since that is the only slide complex on that side of the park.

They need a drop box slide. Remember they were going to install them on The Falls but instead they got that joke-of-a-slide King Cobra. A lot of water parks are installing them the past few years so I think it's time HH joined them

I'd like to see us get one of these multi-featured towers and would like to see it built to the left of Big Wave Racer.

bacd7bbe92525a873b76112b78d5a45b.jpg

I like that idea. Especially if they work it like the mat slides... One guard/op at top and one guard/op at bottom... Let they go all at the same time also. I would seem like the lines would go a lot faster then.

what I meant was have them all on one level next to each other like the mat slides and end up finishing up next to each other.

Edited by robertleax

^ That's an interesting ride! I wonder if you have two riders that are different weights, do they catch up with each other or even collide?

LOL I don't remember what happens when you drop a quarter in one side of those change collecting stations and a dime in the other. Does the quarter catch up? I will have to make a trip past the mall and try.

Screamscape posted about a stand up waterslide. It looks interesting and would give Hurricane Harbor something no one else in the US has but I don't know if it would work out well for Hurricane Harbor or any park in the US for that matter since it looks like it could be a lawsuit waiting to happen if someone fell off the side or slipped.

Something like this

Hurricane%20Mountain%20Aerial.jpg

100ft Tall with 3 Tube and 4 Body Slides

A Proslide Rocket slide would be 2nd place.

From Geauga Lake???

I like that idea. Especially if they work it like the mat slides... One guard/op at top and one guard/op at bottom... Let they go all at the same time also. I would seem like the lines would go a lot faster then.

what I meant was have them all on one level next to each other like the mat slides and end up finishing up next to each other.

The towers like that at Hershey, people get into arguments on who is waiting for which slide. Longer lines for one slide will block the stairs so nobody can get by to a shorter wait slide. Hershey had to add another stairway to partly fix the issue.

Edited by The Master

• 2 weeks later...

I was going to go again this Sunday but since I was there last Sunday and it hit capacity then also, it was not enjoyable at all any more.

I would be highly upset if I was just bring my family up there for 1 day, paid full price for tickets and being able to only go on 1 or 2 slides.

That would be awlful. HH has been both so crowded and poorly operated that I have only been there twice this year and don't plan on going for a third trip either. Rather stay in my own pool or go the many better local waterparks in the area.

• 4 months later...