VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Twisted Mayhem of THE JOKER Unleashed

29yrswithaGApass

Just got home from the park and can confirm Joker did go down... I was about to enter the line but the employee who watches over lines wouldn't let me go with my medical bag. While I was talking to them the ride got stuck as seen in my first photo. I walked over and got a snack from the stand right there and watched to see how long it would take the ride to be operating again. Seeing that many people were leaving the line I then got on line in hopes of it opening again. This time there was a security guard there as well as the employee. The security guard let me on with my bag. The ride continued to get stuck every few rides. By the time I was about 6 rides from boarding it had stopped operation completely. They were testing train after train, all of which got stuck in the same spot. After another 15 or so minutes they stopped testing and cleared the line. Didn't have time to wait and watch them work on the ride but that would of been cool as the station is so visible from off the ride.

Here are some pics ---> https://imgur.com/a/8tYHY

Got on the purple side 1 more time, the bottom side going up and didn't flip at all. My biggest issue with this ride is that the first attendant let me choose the green side but the second one didn't so I had to ride the purple side on my 3rd time. I wont ever wait on a long line for this ride but I enjoyed it. I'll gladly let everyone else wait in line for it while I go on El Toro and Nitro lol I ended the night with 2 rides on nitro. So I got on 5 rides in less then 90 minutes. Glad I decided to go last minute.

I hope they have another Season Pass only date as both yesterday and today they experienced large periods of downtime... I know that once it's open to general public the line will be huge. Maybe they can do some ert one night for it? I just hope I get a chance to ride it this year as I was so close today, maybe about 5 cars from boarding.

I feel bad for any riders today and the future because they totally toned it down.

Is the greens side supposed to be the more intense side? The 3 flips on I were so much fun. The purple side I thought was awful, only flipped 1x in 2 rides on it. It felt like the car wanted to flip but it would just go as far as it could without flipping and then fling back the other way. Just felt like extreme rocking back and forth.

Is the greens side supposed to be the more intense side? The 3 flips on I were so much fun. The purple side I thought was awful, only flipped 1x in 2 rides on it. It felt like the car wanted to flip but it would just go as far as it could without flipping and then fling back the other way. Just felt like extreme rocking back and forth.

Yes green is more intense but even the purple side when it had its orginal spin cycle, spun about 3 times where green was normally the usual 6 if not close to it.

Yes green is more intense but even the purple side when it had its orginal spin cycle, spun about 3 times where green was normally the usual 6 if not close to it.

Gotcha, thanks, 6 would be so awesome. Not being able to choose sides is the main reason now I won't go on it unless the rides are short.

Extremely crowded. Saturday of a holiday weekend, nice weather and a brand new coaster should all combine for it to be one of the busiest days of the year until probably Fright Fest.

If the ride continues to flip less, that will make it easier for me to consider trying the coaster.

Gotcha, thanks, 6 would be so awesome. Not being able to choose sides is the main reason now I won't go on it unless the rides are short.

I went on two times today and both times we just asked if we can go to the green side or step to the side and wait. The first time the guy held us to the side Bc our group was large and the 2nd time the guy was actually sending to purple, we asked and he sent us to green.

Guess I won't be riding it for at least a few weeks as this was my last free weekend for a while. Next week is studying for finals in school and the following week are finals themselves so I wont be able to go any time soon. Luckily my school ends early this year so I might be able to get there by mid June and hopefully during work and school hours the park will be decently empty...

I went on two times today and both times we just asked if we can go to the green side or step to the side and wait. The first time the guy held us to the side Bc our group was large and the 2nd time the guy was actually sending to purple, we asked and he sent us to green.

The guy didn't care but the girl was like I can't let you and I didn't care enough to make an issue out of it. I just think it sucks for people who wait a long time for this who want to flip more but end up having to ride the purple side that barely flips.

Extremely crowded. Saturday of a holiday weekend, nice weather and a brand new coaster should all combine for it to be one of the busiest days of the year until probably Fright Fest.

If the ride continues to flip less, that will make it easier for me to consider trying the coaster.

I barely go on any flat rides cause I hate spinning but I never felt like I was going to be sick on this one. I feel like you would be fine, it's just not something I could really ride more then a couple of times in a row. I only went on 3x tonight cause of how short the line was.

I might head to the park tomorrow if I can get a friend or two to tag along... How bad do you think lines will be tomorrow?

Bad. Holiday weekend, harbor open- crowds will go there and visit park in the afternoon, great weather. Recipe for insanity. I honestly would reccomend people to stay away this weekend.

The guy at the entrance gave me a card that says it was 5:36 when I got online and I was off by 6:00. I thought the ride was fun. I was on the green side and flipped twice. I did have a couple of near misses that maybe could have been finessed into additional rotations.

Overall it was a fun addition to the park. I will enjoy a couple of more flips in the future but it is fun as it is.

I was on about the last train Friday night, got the green side. The flipping was fairly violent and it threw my head around. It is also a very short ride, blink and it's over. Overall I think the Joker is a very meh, ride, it is very cheesy and gimmicky little coaster ride. Just glad I didn't wait in a long line for it. Frankly I preferred Fort Independence and the sea lion show over Joker.

• Like 1

Throughout testing, I don't think I ever saw the green side flip 6 times, maybe once, but I saw it flip 5 times a few times, but then after that I've only seen it flip around 3-4 times, which is what I would prefer. A question for those who've been on it, on that 2nd raven turn, do you feel the drop at all? That's the only part I'm excited for.

Edited by YoungPup

For those who have rode, do you feel you can rock the cars?! I have heard the cars are way to heavy even for a grown man to try and flip. This isn't the Zipper after all lol

I find it a little hard to believe someone would be able to rock these coaster cars

Edited by Mrpq

With permission from Public Relations and an inspection by Maintenance, I was able to record this on-ride 360 POV!

It came out interesting, with me actually flipping around the camera.

Ignore my big head, thanks.

(Sidenote, this is the train that "broke" and got stuck Thursday. You can't even tell, though.)

For those who have rode, do you feel you can rock the cars?! I have heard the cars are way to heavy even for a grown man to try and flip. This isn't the Zipper after all lol

I find it a little hard to believe someone would be able to rock these coaster cars

I don't think you can rock them, I tried just to see if if you actually could and don't think it really made a difference. The way the restraints lock you in it makes it impossible to me plus they feel really heavy.