VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

2017 and Beyond Speculation at SFGA

Both major six flags parks; MM and GAdv don't gave the JL ride..and both have demolished old stations or theaters in the recent off season. Does that not show that a JL will be put in both parks for 2017? They could pull off another 05'-06'

Although its really not a coincidence that both parks do not have one, i think that MM and Great Adventure will both be getting the Justice League Dark Ride, and I do agree with how both parks demolished two unused buildings. Although the two buildings getting demolished could mean absolutley nothing, I wouldnt be suprised if both parks got them. Great Adventure and Magic Mountain both BADLY need a dark ride. Please correct me if im wrong but Magic Mountain doesnt even have an indoor, air conditioned ride. Great Adventure doesnt really need a dark ride as much as MM does, but the park still does need one more than most other parks. Its pretty obvious that the two parks are getting them, but now for the locations. MMs will be in the Batman Stunt Arena spot, and GAdvs will be either in the Chiller's old spot or the Right Stuff theater. I believe it will be in the Chiller's because when you think about it, all they would have to do is build the building, and make the actual dark ride! They already have a huge queue that they could use. And it would get more people coming into Movietown! I dont think it would be in the Right Stuff theater because you would have to do a LOT more work. A good idea for The Right Stuff theater would be to do something like what Carowinds added this year something like the Plants V Zombies 3Z arena idea. I think that would be really cool and would take advantage of that theater

Although its really not a coincidence that both parks do not have one, i think that MM and Great Adventure will both be getting the Justice League Dark Ride, and I do agree with how both parks demolished two unused buildings. Although the two buildings getting demolished could mean absolutley nothing, I wouldnt be suprised if both parks got them. Great Adventure and Magic Mountain both BADLY need a dark ride. Please correct me if im wrong but Magic Mountain doesnt even have an indoor, air conditioned ride. Great Adventure doesnt really need a dark ride as much as MM does, but the park still does need one more than most other parks. Its pretty obvious that the two parks are getting them, but now for the locations. MMs will be in the Batman Stunt Arena spot, and GAdvs will be either in the Chiller's old spot or the Right Stuff theater. I believe it will be in the Chiller's because when you think about it, all they would have to do is build the building, and make the actual dark ride! They already have a huge queue that they could use. And it would get more people coming into Movietown! I dont think it would be in the Right Stuff theater because you would have to do a LOT more work. A good idea for The Right Stuff theater would be to do something like what Carowinds added this year something like the Plants V Zombies 3Z arena idea. I think that would be really cool and would take advantage of that theater

A Justice league ride in the simulator building would make the most sense considering there are multiple superheroes there, not just Batman.

Let's not forget that the simulator building has been gutted and is reportedly being used for storage. It's not as if they have ride equipment in there and can easily spruce it up and launch a new film or something.

How come no one knows they've been using it as the home of TWO terror trails for years?! The entire thing is filled with trail "maze" walls.

^ Not really the entire thing. The Manor is located in the front section (indoor simulator queue) and Total Darkness is mostly in the post show area (simulator gift shop) and the simulator pre-show area (where guests waited and watched the TVs). The two trails don't really use much of the main theater portion of the building.

Like Matt said, there are two trails there so something would have to happen to them before a new ride could occupy the space.

• Like 1

How come no one knows they've been using it as the home of TWO terror trails for years?! The entire thing is filled with trail "maze" walls.

I know about those. And of course they'd have to clear them out if a ride were to go there. But yea, it seems like a LOT of people forget or just don't know that there are 2 mazes in there.

And to go back a few post's, i always look too much into everything lol. Pays off though sometimes. But i think our Simulator Building will def be a Justice League, that spot in the Park is prob the best spot for one in the entire Chain. Having those 3 rides at the end of the Boardwalk will be very profitable. And maybe even then they will open up a path to connect the "Golden Kingdom" to the back of the Park so the only way in, or out, is not just the Boardwalk. I think that is when it will finally happen again, i really hate that long walk in a Park as big as our's and that little stretch of the "Golden Kingdom" next to the Tent's still bugs me.

I think the park should axe Total Darkness and move the manor back with Asylum since they knocked down the Chiller station and probably have room there. Once that's done they should put a Justice League in there

I don't think they're going to add more trails by The Chiller. They'd just end up having to move it again once a ride goes there.

EDIT: And there's also nothing really profitable back there right now, so directing even more traffic back there wouldn't make a lot of sense.

Edited by YoungPup

In an interview with the CEO of Six Flags, they talked about the international packs they're acquiring. What was worth noting is that they mentioned Great Adventure becoming a destination park... I think big things are coming to our park in the next couple parks. It started with the Joker and now it can only get better from here.

In an interview with the CEO of Six Flags, they talked about the international packs they're acquiring. What was worth noting is that they mentioned Great Adventure becoming a destination park... I think big things are coming to our park in the next couple parks. It started with the Joker and now it can only get better from here.

Do you have a source for that? :)

• Like 1

.....Like i have been saying for what, couple year's now? Before they can do all that, we need new attraction's to draw alot more Guest's to sustain a Hotel on site (that now will be fully energy independent) That's why next year we get the newest, "cutting-edge", Coaster Design out there now, in a revamped/new section in the "Old Country/Movietown". Then followed up with "Justice League" on the Boardwalk. All makes a little more sense what i have been saying now don't it? This has been the long-term plan since Fitzgerald took over.

EDIT : The article is an April Fool's gag, just went to check the source. But it still is the long-term plan for the Park, we are going to become a Year-Round Resort. Getting the Solar Project Approved was a "first step" with that plan, along with adding to the Park to draw more Guest's to sustain a Hotel on site.

Edited by Railer

^ 3 million is just a drop in the bucket compared to what true "destination" parks get. GAdv is certainly making strides towards becoming one but they still have quite a ways to go.

• Like 1

It has nothing to do with how good the best coasters are or what the overall attendance is. Being a destination park implies that people travel to the park from across the country/internationally. Sure, there are some enthusiasts that stop at the park for a day from other parts of the US, but 99% of their attendance is within the surrounding region. The only American amusement park in this category is Cedar Point, and that's greatly because of its location and accommodations, not just its superior ride collection.

• Like 1

Hotel talk was discussed on the joker construction tour. To sum it up, seems possible in the future but not as something the park has to spend money to build. They rather someone come in, build it, and team up with them. Its also iffy considering Jackson isn't much of a multiple day 'destination' area,even though it is close to the shore.