VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

2017 and Beyond Speculation at SFGA

Last year's speculation was really something... 109 pages of it, compared to 2015's 23 pages, that's a staggering statistic! I wonder what this year will be like

Yup, no "dueler" anywhere, let 2017 begin. It will take almost a year to fabricate, the "Old Country" has already been surveyed, and with the amount of work that will be needed to restore/demolish all the old structures in the "Old Country", it will start up prob on the same schedule as as the lakefront did this year. Remember, Fitzgerald's #1 priority is no dead area's in the park.

2017: Justice League in old sim building in Boardwalk, removal of Go-Karts and relocation of Sling Shot.

2018: Dueling Premier Launch in Chiller's old spot, convert Movie Town and Old Country into Gotham City

With the news that Superman is returning to SFNE, having won his "battle" with Bizarro, do you think there's any chance that we could get Medusa back in 2017? Or, at the least, anything that fits the theme of Frontier Adventures better than a dumb super villain?

I think 2017, we'll see a package of 2-3 flat rides like the Texas parks got this year, and with anyluck, a Bizarro re-theme!

With the news that Superman is returning to SFNE, having won his "battle" with Bizarro, do you think there's any chance that we could get Medusa back in 2017? Or, at the least, anything that fits the theme of Frontier Adventures better than a dumb super villain?

I think 2017, we'll see a package of 2-3 flat rides like the Texas parks got this year, and with anyluck, a Bizarro re-theme!

Doubt it. The Superman retheme happened because of the huge uproar the park received due to its previous status pre-transformation. Also, it feeds into the BvS hype in 2016. Medusa has little marketability and many people forget it is still even there. Can't compare a star attraction to an overshadowed, hidden-in-the-corner attraction.

Personally I like Bizarro better than Medusa. But, what would have been cooler for them to do was to keep Medusa an then when GL came to the park name that Bizarro, so it would be superman and bizarro next to each other.

In 2017 it will be a JL dark ride, and in 2018 the dueler. Can't see them getting a coaster 3 years in a row.

I feel like every year we go "well next year will definitely be Movietown, Old country, or the Simulator Building!" But then they end up clearing out a whole other area and then add a new attraction there.

Movietown has had no love since 2008's TDKC

The simulator was removed back in 2010.

And Old Country has been a wasteland for ever but I feel like thats an ideal location for HITP.

I don't know why the Huss Giant Frisbee never made a bigger splash in the industry; MaxAir is one of the most fun rides ANYWHERE, and they're great eye-catchers in any park.

I can't tell yet what model The Riddler Revenge is (at first I thought SFFT's frisbee, but the announcement page says 90ft), but if it's a similar experience to a true Giant Frisbee, I hope we get one of those next year. If it's paired with a JL:BFM, even better.

Personally I like Bizarro better than Medusa. But, what would have been cooler for them to do was to keep Medusa an then when GL came to the park name that Bizarro, so it would be superman and bizarro next to each other.

In 2017 it will be a JL dark ride, and in 2018 the dueler. Can't see them getting a coaster 3 years in a row.

Yeah, I guess it's not that I dislike the theme of Bizarro per say, but I would like it more where you suggest for example.

Doubt it. The Superman retheme happened because of the huge uproar the park received due to its previous status pre-transformation. Also, it feeds into the BvS hype in 2016. Medusa has little marketability and many people forget it is still even there. Can't compare a star attraction to an overshadowed, hidden-in-the-corner attraction.

That makes sense...I'm looking at it more from a theme perspective. It's a sore spot in Frontier Adventures, when everything else is fairly in line with the theme. Medusa Mining Co. was a stretch, but it fits like a glove compared to Bizarro.

They can make every superhero/villain ride they'd like in the Boardwalk or Movietown where they fit with the theme/existing rides. But I just think it's lazy to plop them everywhere. I also realize that I'm talking about a move they made 6 years ago, but hey! A man can dream. I'll stick with it for now, and change my mind often over the next 365 days! :Pirate2:

Yeah, I guess it's not that I dislike the theme of Bizarro per say, but I would like it more where you suggest for example.

That makes sense...I'm looking at it more from a theme perspective. It's a sore spot in Frontier Adventures, when everything else is fairly in line with the theme. Medusa Mining Co. was a stretch, but it fits like a glove compared to Bizarro.

They can make every superhero/villain ride they'd like in the Boardwalk or Movietown where they fit with the theme/existing rides. But I just think it's lazy to plop them everywhere. I also realize that I'm talking about a move they made 6 years ago, but hey! A man can dream. I'll stick with it for now, and change my mind often over the next 365 days! :Pirate2:

I see a either flats or Justice League dark ride in 2017, If a dueler is planned for Old Country then I definitely can see a flat package in Movie town for 2017 as an Appetizer before the main course in 2018 (the coaster). If we get a flat package id like a giant Frisbee, tilt a whirl and flying eagles or wave swinger and if we can get 4, a new style enterprise=)! (in Spin Meisters old pad.)A disko would better suite the boadwalk imo. Also, I think the dark ride in simulator building can wait because the boardwalk already gets heavy foot traffic compared to movie town/Old country.

The things I'd most like to see are the Justice League dark ride, the giant frisbee flat package that SFOT is getting for next year, or the dueling coaster. I'm thinking we'll get the dark ride next year then probably the dueler/Old Country revamp in 2018.

Edited by RC98