VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

2017 and Beyond Speculation at SFGA

I personally wouldn't mind them bringing back Medusa in 2017. The re-theme to Bizarro was a disaster due to the Audio always having issues to where they had to remove it in 2013. I know they spent a lot of money on the re-theme to Bizarro, but bringing Medusa back would probably be cheaper if the are planning on getting rid of most of the theming on the ride, and there isn't really a problem with keeping the mist, especially on the corkscrews. They could also add the JL Dark Ride in 2017 as well, and 2018 would be when we get the dueler.

There would be absolutely zero ROI to retheme Buzarro to Medusa. At SFNE it makes sense, but it would be honestly useless at Great Adventure. There's no issue with the ride as it is.

If the Justice League dark ride is on tap for 2017 I don't see a new coaster until 2019, and agh at point it may not be the supposed dueling coaster.

And whomever said El Toro would be "weak" at some point in the 2020's is out of their mind. Coasters don't suddelny get less intense. There's always the possibility that the park won't properly maintain the ride, dropping it's popularity, but El Toro was ahead of its time when it was built and there was less innovating to be done on wooden coasters since then, whereas with Rolling Thunder there really wasn't a whole lot to the ride to help it stand the test of time. Point being, here's only so much that can be done to wooden coasters in terms of speed, steepness, drop angle, airtime, etc, and El Toro will always be in the conversation in every category.

There would be absolutely zero ROI to retheme Buzarro to Medusa. At SFNE it makes sense, but it would be honestly useless at Great Adventure. There's no issue with the ride as it is.

Medusa's theme (if you wanna call it that) fits much better in Frontier Adventures than Bizarro. However, Bizarro's theme is better overall.

Edited by SFGadv123

The whole point of the Theme of "Bizarro" is it's SUPPOSED to be totally out of place in "Frontier Adventures". People didn't get it then, and people don't get it now. Everyhing about "Bizarro" was "high-concept" all the way to up to Six Flags hiring 42 Entertainment (they did The Dark Knight movie's viral campaign) to handle all the marketing. That was one of the best done marketing campaign's Six Flags ever did for "new" Coasters. They should add Prop's at or before the Portal to explain that somehow. I'd say just add one of the Great Adventure original rides Plaque's to it for it being the first ever Floorless, and briefly explain the re-theme by saying something like "Just like the Superman villan, "Bizarro" is out of place wherever he goes". "Medusa/Bizarro" was my favorite Coaster for a long time, and i thought the re-theme to our's added alot, and took away nothing.

• Like 1

Beautifully said^ the only thing wrong with Bizarro is that it doesn't go further w the "bizarre" theme. Re-add some on board audio, or at least speakers to the lift like on GL that explains a little bit of what's going on. Some cutthroughs on the lift as well.

It seems random if the speakers are used or not. Some days even when I ride Green Lantern a few times in a row when there is no line, 1 ride they will have the speakers used and the next ride they won't.

A lot of you guys seem to think Bizaro will be removed. Why would you say this will be removed vs lets say Batman? If it was up to me I think Batman should be removed wait a year and come back with an all new inverted.

I would be upset to see bizaro go.

Get GL out of here, it wouldbt the first time a stand up was at our part for les then 5 seasons before it was removed

A lot of you guys seem to think Bizaro will be removed. Why would you say this will be removed vs lets say Batman? If it was up to me I think Batman should be removed wait a year and come back with an all new inverted.

I would be upset to see bizaro go.

Get GL out of here, it wouldbt the first time a stand up was at our part for les then 5 seasons before it was removed

I think the common reason is that both are in good operating condition (as far as we can tell). They're not going to take out a multi-million dollar ride that works perfectly without at least relocating it to another park. Almost every park has a Batman clone, so there's really no place they can put it, unless they sell it.

^ A sign of a Justice League dark ride for 2017?

Exactly why i put the 3 dots. It would make sense to close both mazes this year because by next year in October, construction would have to be well underway for JL. This seems like a reasonable for the park also. Although Total Darkness and The Manor are one of the most popular attractions at Fright Fest, i agree its time for the attractions to go. Neither one is very scary, although Total Darkness is very unique

I hadn't really followed the Justice League dark ride project other than knowing what type of ride it was and seeing pictures of some of the figures posted from IAAPA last year. I was reading Negative-G last night and saw he posted pictures from Media Day and the event and I had no idea it was that high tech. It looks like it is on the level of an Orlando dark ride. http://www.negative-g.com/six-flags-stlouis/2015/justice-league-media-preview/six-flags-st-louis-may-2015-justice-league-media-preview.htm

While a Justice League Dark Ride should really be added before anything, if we do happen to get a new coaster, I certainly hope it will be some kind of wooden coaster. We have 14 roller coasters, and out of all of them, El Toro is our only woodie, which makes our line up look incredibly strange. I think a steel coaster being added after Total Mayhem is not a good idea. Whether it's an RMC or a GCI, it doesn't really matter. Once we get the JL Dark Ride, a woodie is definitely needed. They can place it in Old Country, or, if they happen to remove Bizarro (they probably will very soon to be completely honest) they can place the coaster in it's spot, and can be western themed, which would be very unique to the line up, as some great wooden coasters have been themed after the Wild West (Outlaw Run, Gold Striker, Lightning Rod, ect)

I have been saying we need another woodie for years.

As far as bizaro goes. I think it would be a bad idea for them to remove it. It is the closest thing we have to a sit down looper. if people think the line up is weird now with only one woodie image a line up without a sit down looper (I do not consider batman to be a sit down even though you sit down)