VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

2017 and Beyond Speculation at SFGA

What about an RMC woodie that focuses on inversions instead of airtime and twister sections. El Toro has a little bit of everything in a wooden coaster except for inversions.

we already have an intense woodie, we don't need another one.

This discussion has been had countless times before each announcement the last three years or so. I don't imagine a new RMC wooden coaster at Great Adventure as long as El Toro is still cutting edge and popular.

That said, I'm interested to see if Six Flags continues work with RMC almost exclusively for new coasters because their discount that began with the Texas Giant lasted through 2016, with The Joker as the final project under full price.

For those that are wondering, this was stated in an interview is either Fred Grubb or Alan Schilke, I don't recall who, after the 2016 announcement.

Edited by Password121
  • Like 1

In a perfect world, a GCI woodie would be a great fit, but I do not want one at this park. There is a reason SF keeps removing or Iron Horsing the remaining ones. It may have a few years of smooth rides, but as a long term investment there are much better options.

Well if they just properly maintain it it wouldn't be such an issue. There plenty of parks out there that have standard wood coasters and you don't see the other parks swapping them out for RMC transformations. It's been proven that a wooden coaster can last with the proper maintenance It's a six flags issue not a wooden coaster issue

^^The others are I-box conversions, and there are no candidates at Great Adventure for that style of coaster. So... that means because they make so few wood coasters that the park is even LESS likely to work with RMC.

The single rail style coaster is a different argument. When we're talking about at RMC at Great Adventure, we're talking the style we've seen built already, which is very unlikely. Very few people know much of anything about their new track type, so it's not really included in the argument. It's not the type of RMC we've seen, and this discussion was had WELL before that track type was announced.

I think it is a decent possibility of that track type coming to Gadv, but it won't be the first installation. 2018 at the absolute earliest, probably 2019/20. At that point there will be other installations.

Edited by Password121

^^Of course wooden coasters can be maintained...that was not my point. My point is I do not trust Six Flags to maintain one, thus a GCI is low on my want list.

^^The others are I-box conversions, and there are no candidates at Great Adventure for that style of coaster. So... that means because they make so few wood coasters that the park is even LESS likely to work with RMC.

The single rail style coaster is a different argument. When we're talking about at RMC at Great Adventure, we're talking the style we've seen built already, which is very unlikely. Very few people know much of anything about their new track type, so it's not really included in the argument. It's not the type of RMC we've seen, and this discussion was had WELL before that track type was announced.

I think it is a decent possibility of that track type coming to Gadv, but it won't be the first installation. 2018 at the absolute earliest, probably 2019/20. At that point there will be other installations.

Since when does I-Box track require an existing wooden structure? In fact, we will have I-Box track on an all steel structure at our very own park next year. Just because RMC hasn't been contracted to do so yet, for either a custom all-steel I-Box or monorail coaster, doesn't mean they won't, and I firmly believe we have the clout to be one of the top candidates for the prototype.

What abouts records? Do you think our park is due for a new record breaker? Would Six Flags invest in Great Adventure enough for that to happen? Right now we're still good but the future might be a lil different.

Th

^^Just because B&M hasn't made a 4D coaster yet doesn't mean they won't, but that doesn't change the fact that it's unlikely at this point and isn't worth arguing until we've seen some evidence it might be done.

e

^^Just because B&M hasn't made a 4D coaster yet doesn't mean they won't, but that doesn't change the fact that it's unlikely at this point and isn't worth arguing until we've seen some evidence it might be done.

The I-Box is proven technology that has already been used. I wouldn't even consider a custom I-box on a new support structure a prototype.

What makes the monorail prototype from a B&M 4D is they have gone on the record they are in discussions to install one. Also, SF has had a much stronger relationship with RMC than B&M the last few years

What abouts records? Do you think our park is due for a new record breaker? Would Six Flags invest in Great Adventure enough for that to happen? Right now we're still good but the future might be a lil different.

It might be excessive with Total Mayhem having inversions and Bizarro with 7 but an easy record to break would be inversions. All they need is 8 to break the US and North American record and something like this Intamin looks interesting with 10 inversions (and the newer train design): http://rcdb.com/11082.htm

It would also give the park a traditional sitdown looper that has been lost since Scream Machine was removed.

Although not a coaster we did get the drop tower record last year.

I know nobody wants a prototype, but i think with improved designs and past experiences, we could get something nice. A 1st of something is an easier goal to reach than breaking records. People like unique coasters. I doubt people will come for the most inversions, theyre more interested in height and speed. Thats why kingda ka is still popular.

• Like 1

I know nobody wants a prototype, but i think with improved designs and past experiences, we could get something nice. A 1st of something is an easier goal to reach than breaking records. People like unique coasters. I doubt people will come for the most inversions, theyre more interested in height and speed. Thats why kingda ka is still popular.

I think the key part in this is uniqueness. The record alone doesn't draw people in, even for height and speed. The reason TTD and KK draw crowds is because they are much different than any other coaster.

The record is what grabs people's attention, and the uniqueness is what brings those people to the park. People most likely won't be impressed by a slightly taller & faster coaster that looks similar to what they've ridden before.

My only astonishment is with the current Valravn viral video going around. The general public commenting seem to be blown away by what I think is pretty unoriginal, tame, and unimpressive.

If there were future flat rides coming, what would you want, and what do you think they will get? I think a frisbee

They had the Pendulum ride behind the Autobahn. That's similar to a Frisbee, but I think that'll make a good fit. Flying Scooters can also make a great fit in Adventure Alley, as long as they're good as the ones in Knoebels and Carowinds.

People always say how we can't afford to add low capacity rides because of our attendance, but that's completely baseless. Flying scooters are a family ride and will never be as popular as a thrill ride, yet we have Kingda Ka which realistically does maybe 500/hour and Total Mayhem which won't be that much higher.
Also... Cedar Point added flyers in 2014 and has higher attendance in a shorter, more concentrated period of time.

People always say how we can't afford to add low capacity rides because of our attendance, but that's completely baseless. Flying scooters are a family ride and will never be as popular as a thrill ride, yet we have Kingda Ka which realistically does maybe 500/hour and Total Mayhem which won't be that much higher.

Also... Cedar Point added flyers in 2014 and has higher attendance in a shorter, more concentrated period of time.

Agreed, smaller flats are fun additions and capacity would be fine.

And to the point above, giant flats are amazingly fun additions; I'd love us to snag a Huss Giant Frisbee at our park, but with the current guys in charge, I don't see it happening.