VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

2017 and Beyond Speculation at SFGA

2017:JL Dark ride in Right Stuff building, repair parking lot

2018: JL themed Flat rides in Old Country

2019: 45 years celebration

2020:Roller coaster in RT's spot (Golden Kingdom)

but what will six flags add in 2019?

We probably will get a justice league ride, but flat rides are a possibility too

Anyways we just got 3 flat rides so

Edited by Yoshi
Merged triple post

^Interesting. I wonder if that's something they've considered? I like TDK as a family-friendly coaster and a themed attraction, so I'd be sad to see it go.

To me, the ideal location for JL:BFM is the old Chiller station. The superhero theme makes sense in that area, the building is not too far from the right size and shape, and some of the queue is even already built. While I'd love to see something new come to the simulator building, that area of the park already has plenty going on, where the Chiller area obviously needs some revitalization -- the ideal would be if they freshen it up in the style of SFMM's gorgeous DC Universe, but anything beyond the bare minimum spending is probably a pipe dream with the current team in charge.

Edited by pashacar

Besides liking TDK, I wouldn't want to see it removed if Holiday In The Park is a success (I hope it is) so they have at 2 coasters they can run even if it is too cold for the outdoor coasters to run.

Unfortunately I imagine SF doesn't want to increase operating budget year to year by adding new attractions that don't replace existing things. For example, in St Louis, they replaced a well-loved Scooby Doo dark ride with JL:BFM, when the park easily could have supported both. So I wouldn't put something like removing a popular attraction for a new one past them.

That's it, it's a case of upkeep of rides and also licensing. Trading one licensed attraction for another makes sense, and overall they aren't upping the number of rides in most parks, just keeping the count the same.

The only reason I mention TDK is that there is plenty of room behind it to expand (unlike the Right Stuff building). Couple that with the fact that TDK needs major repairs to the scenery at this point, and the actual coaster inside TDK could be disassembled and moved somewhere else (either in the park or in another park) since its a standard Mack wild mouse. It would be a better location for a JL dark ride than the Boardwalk.

Just an idea on my part, but it could make sense.

^ I'd rather save the space behind TDK for the dueling coaster concept from the surveys and put the dark ride in Boardwalk. If they wanted to the tip of Boardwalk could be rethemed to DC Universe with the dark ride, the existing Superman and Green Lantern coasters, and a couple of new smaller flat rides.

Edited by RC98

1. I could see the TDK building being used. But knowing Six Flags they would prob duplicate what they did. The addition that was built on the other Simulator Building where JL was done was on the left side of the building. The only thing added to the front was the "Hall Of Justice" facade, but Slingshot would have to be moved. I would rather them just keep TDK the way it is for now, and see if this VR Coaster concept being tested with Cedar Fair takes off, and see that be added to the Dark Knight. That could have some good possibility's if it can work.

Edited by Railer

Right now, Six Flags additions in the future will be screwed as all we will be seeing until further notice are knock off RMC coasters and Free Spins. Speaking of RMC, yeah, that "one track" idea seems stupid and I would rather have a dueling launched coaster be built by Premier Rides. I'm just saying.

knock off RMC coasters

I'm sorry but IMO this statement is ridiculous. Say hello to New Texas Giant, Iron Rattler, Wicked Cyclone, Twisted Colossus, and Outlaw Run--all among the best coasters in the world, made within the last 5 years! :)

Despite the impression that they're just redoing a coaster when they do the wood coaster conversions they effectively make completely new rides when they're finished. Plus their topper track and steel track are their own, their trains are their own, and the single rail track they're working on is their own. I really don't see the 'knock off' in them anywhere.

And for good measure they're making this amazing looking coaster:

Edited by RC98

Right now, Six Flags additions in the future will be screwed as all we will be seeing until further notice are knock off RMC coasters and Free Spins. Speaking of RMC, yeah, that "one track" idea seems stupid and I would rather have a dueling launched coaster be built by Premier Rides. I'm just saying.

You are insane. I've ridden 140+ coaster and Wicked Cyclone is at the very top of my list, with El Toro. Far ahead of any Premier coaster (or any non-Intamin for that matter). A dueling RMC with an original layout would probably be 1 of the 2-3 best options the park could even dream of.

knock off RMC coasters

Dude, are you ok? I mean, the free fly coasters I can understand but the RMC's have been smash hits. Clearly you haven't been on one yet (and neither have I so I can't judge from experience. Only from a purely visual standpoint)

• Like 1

While everyone's busy complaining about the knock-off comment, I'm actually more curious as to why you think the one-track idea seems stupid.

It wont really make a difference in ride experience but fabrication and installation will be a lot easier for RMC, which can only be a good thing.

Even though it may be years in the making, a launched Rmc single I-box would sound insane. I hope to see some prototypes for the single rail somewhere soon.

that will defiantly happen! Well I hope so

When we do trip reports, we need to look around the Right Stuff building for markers, if there are markers, we found our selves a justice league ride coming up

Edited by Yoshi
merged posts

Even though it may be years in the making, a launched Rmc single I-box would sound insane. I hope to see some prototypes for the single rail somewhere soon.

It already has been year's (about a year since i first saw in an interview with Fred Grubb saying they would build all Steel Coasters) in the making. They said they already have a customer for that design. It all fits so far. But we won't see anything until the 2016 season, we still have HITP to get through.

Woah, didn't think my comment would get this much attention, but at the same time I don't really seem to care. I clearly wasn't talking about Wicked Cyclone or any of those others rides. Just look at the Joker, does't seem very interesting. It lacks originality. Rides like Outlaw Run, Wicked Cyclone, and many other RMCs all have something unique about them. The Joker for some reason I think is probably an idea that Six Flags will start adding to other parks. It should be crystal clear that I was talking about the Joker when I made referenced "knock off" RMCs.