VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

2017 and Beyond Speculation at SFGA

Agreed on JL:BFM as my #1 choice for the future, but I'd also love to see a medium-thrill wooden coaster, to help the younger (or just scared-er) crowd transition to big rides.

RMT, TDK, and SM are all in the same category of thrill, and pretty much every other adult coaster in the park is quite a few notches above it (save for S:UF, but the flying makes it plenty intimidating for inexperienced riders). Something to fill the medium-thrill gap that RT left -- like an American Thunder, Goldrusher, or even something a bit smaller -- would be a great addition.

Not every park has a sit down looping coaster, but most parks certainly have more than one wooden roller coaster. A wooden roller coaster is definitely needed, and an idea is that we can remove Bizarro by 2019 or 2020, and put a GCI or RMC in it's spot. Old Country can be used for that supposed dueling launch coaster by Premier Rides.

Well I'm just confused as why people think our line up is great. I mean it's better than a lot of other parks which is good, but we have Superman, Batman, Bizarro, and Total Mayhem as clones, and Green Lantern as a relocation. Fits in to why everyone loves Nitro and El Toro so much, they are unique coasters that include things people like such as airtime and intense turns. We need another coaster like that in our line up, because five B&M's is no where near originality.

Edited by Tower

Well said

Well I'm just confused as why people think our line up is great. I mean it's better than a lot of other parks which is good, but we have Superman, Batman, Bizarro, and Total Mayhem as clones, and Green Lantern as a relocation. Fits in to why everyone loves Nitro and El Toro so much, they are unique coasters that include things people like such as airtime and intense turns. We need another coaster like that in our line up, because five B&M's is no where near originality.

Because most parks would kill to have even 1 good B&M. We have 5, including one of B&M's best hypers, the original (and one of the better) floorless coasters, one of their best standups, and a solid inverted and flyer. Throw in a 4D Free Spin as well.

Oh, yeah...and the tallest and fastest coaster in the country, as well as arguably the WORLD'S BEST COASTER!!! El Toro alone makes people travel right past parks with solid lineups to come here.

There is zero question our collection is among the 10 best in the world...at worst.

• Like 4

Yeah our lineup is by far the best in the SF chain... even considering Magic Mountain's "don't go 2 years without a new coaster" lineup. I really do think our lineup is far superior to even theirs though.

and an idea is that we can remove Bizarro by 2019 or 2020, and put a GCI or RMC in it's spot. Old Country can be used for that supposed dueling launch coaster by Premier Rides.

I think it should stay where it is. GA has plenty of room to build. they can build a new woodie back by Bizarro. Lets face it, Bizzaro is in a less then buisy location in the park. if there was more to do back there I bet the ridership would sky rocket.

Edited by Mrpq

Yeah our lineup is by far the best in the SF chain... even considering Magic Mountain's "don't go 2 years without a new coaster" lineup. I really do think our lineup is far superior to even theirs though.

I had to think through it myself, but I guess you're right. We've got them beat on major rides outside of Riddler's Revenge, but they make up a lot of ground on minor rides. Their lineup is a lot more family-friendly, which is something I hadn't really considered.

X2 > TM (> GL:FF)

TC < Toro

S:EFK = KK

Goliath < Nitro

RR > GL

B:TR = B:TR

LL:DOD = Jaro

Scream = Zarro

Pocky > SM

Gold Rusher > RMT

Ninja > BBLTT

Revolution > TDK

Viper ??

Edited by pashacar

To add to my post last night, I have no issue with clones. I much prefer our Bizarro clone over Batman at SFNE or Hydra, which are original layouts. I would much rather have S:UF over Air, and B:TR compares well to the average invert.

Most GP will never ride these cloned rides, and your moderate, 100-200 coaster count enthusiasts will only ride one of these rides at other parks once every couple of years. It only really effects enthusiasts who regularly travel across the country, which is an extremely small population.

Lastly, all that really matters is the enjoyment you get from these rides while at the park. And in that situation, the thought process isn't, "It annoys me that this is a clone," but rather "That ride was good!" or "That ride sucked!"

• Like 5

I had to think through it myself, but I guess you're right. We've got them beat on major rides outside of Riddler's Revenge, but they make up a lot of ground on minor rides. Their lineup is a lot more family-friendly, which is something I hadn't really considered.

X2 > TM (> GL:FF)

TC < Toro

S:EFK = KK

Goliath < Nitro

RR > GL

B:TR = B:TR

LL:DOD = Jaro

Scream = Zarro

Pocky > SM

Gold Rusher > RMT

Ninja > BBLTT

Revolution > TDK

Viper ??

Whoa...too many shorthand names. Pocky? SFMM has a coaster themed after Japanese chocolate sticks?

Well all, it seem's another piece of the puzzle has fallen into place with the "dueler". With RMC's new Steel Coaster Track and Train that was just revealed a couple days ago, along with the fact that the "dueler's" Mobius layout with it's VERY similar element's to "Twisted Colussus", that now makes me think that animation was not a Premier at all, but a Steel RMC. Fred Graub said that this new design is "less of everything". Less support's, less connectors, less footers, and with all that alot less money. The spans that a single piece of Track will cover will be insane looking at first. And he said they already have interested customers. But the animation was a 2 Car Train just like the new RMC design, i assumed it was Premier because at the time it was the only thing out there similar that Six Flags would go with. But with this revelation, the customer that Fred talked about just may be us. If the RMC Steel design is cheaper than a Premier, it will be FAR more likely what they go with if the "dueler" becomes a reality. I"ll have one question for RMC "Does it come in black?"

gallery_208_401_10063.jpggallery_208_401_59855.jpggallery_208_401_26110.jpg

^By the way that rendering isn't official. It's an extremely well done rendering by CoasterLab over at NLE who does all sorts of train renderings. So the cars may turn out different in real life, making the current situation even more puzzling. But you do have a point, and there's a slight possibility that we might see the first of these if the prototype stage goes well. After all, who would have thought that when S&S built that tiny Free Fly prototype in Utah a few years ago that we would end up getting the finished product?

EDIT: I was kinda right and kinda wrong; the rendering was indeed by CoasterLab but apparently he worked with RMC so the train rendering is official

Edited by KK456

^ It all just "fits". And over the year's that's the one thing that always has been true with this stuff. If thing's look like it's coming together as something, it usually does come together as that something. But i'm trying to get a look at that "Dueler" animation again. Think they may have pulled it, i keep getting all the other concept's except that. I was going to re-examine the Track on it and make a comparision, but the animation was not detailed at all. But Coaster Force posted a couple more shot's of the Train's, and it does come in black lol. I think these are legit and from RMC with the access Coaster Force has had with RMC, and from the design. Basically just a Steel Train Chassis under their existing seat's and restraint's. They also look very light and that will allow them to have large section's between support's.

gallery_208_401_3109.jpg

With all of this put together, I'm starting to think the video from the survey was a very early animation by RMC pitching the ride concept to our park specifically. The cars and track are nearly an exact match, and since that track is a new development I'm guessing RMC must have either made the video themselves or given SF enough info to make their own. The layout fits the old Chiller spot perfectly, and even the length of the trains is the same. All of this wouldn't come together by accident.

Edited by RC98

The similarities with "Twisted Colussus" layout i think is the main connecting factor now that we know about RMC's plans. I did think it was odd that Premier would make a layout so similar to a diff company's creation. The only difference was where the tunraround overbank's are on Twisted Colussus, the dueler had "interlocking dive-loop's" to get the direction changes. Except for the first right turn, after the first launch, they looked like overbank's crossing over each other. It even had where the "stall" is over the other track, a zero-g roll over the other Track in the same spot in the layout as Colussus. But too many similarities to be ignored as nothing i think. We got a looooong way with this still lol.

2017:JL Dark ride in Right Stuff building, repair parking lot

2018: JL themed Flat rides in Old Country

2019: 45 years celebration

2020:Roller coaster in RT's spot (Golden Kingdom)

I'm not a huge fan of the twisted colossus design that you go around twice. What I liked about Rolling Thunder was that you could choose sides and so it's like you get to go on 2 rides.

well you do go around both sides in one go, so. And I feel like six flags will be adding a couple of coasters and flat rides, possibly a hurricane harbor expansion, throughout the next 4 years, SFGADV has been making a big profit, they could really use the money in something