VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

2017 and Beyond Speculation at SFGA

Did anyone notice how the old chiller space is really really big, idk if its just the photos but the space looks really big and if they keep the observatory up I think well definatley get an RMC cuz of the survey

It's relatively large for a small ride, but really it's a bit smaller than Superman's area.

fx5Mk0L.jpg

Well when you look at it like that...what's that tented building on top of the observatory? Could it be removed to make more room?

That's the theater, which I highly doubt they'd remove. I could see a coaster crossing over by the old Freefall location, though.

It's relatively large for a small ride, but really it's a bit smaller than Superman's area.

fx5Mk0L.jpg

From looking at this shot. If they did do something that matched in any way the layout shown, it would most likely have to go around the back of Showcase, and not all the way up that wooded area between the Parking Lot, and the Picnic Grove unless it's really, really, big. But i'm not good with photoshop, so have to picture a Station about where "Chiller" was, 2 Track's going thru the Observatory, hard overbank's to the rt in that little grassy area in front of the Observatory, then over the Path (would need to be covered then in NJ) then around the backside of Showcase, then into and over the "Picnic Grove's" wooded area that's behind the "Autobahn", then over it and into where "Musik Express" was for the Break-run for 1 Track, and the other went thru the Station for the 2nd Launch to run the course on the other Track. For it to go along the Parking Lot Fence looking at this shot, it would have to be really really, big, and have a really fast Launch to make it that far thru a course, don't seem feasable looking at this.

I wouldn't rule out a RMC Goliath clone for the old Chiller spot. It's cheap, proven, fills most of the space, and SFGam saw an attendance jump two years in a row even though they only reinstalled three kids rides in 2015. Maybe they could just rename this section of the park Great America like the Dubai park is doing. :duck: Based on the interviews Ed Hart has been giving, I am thinking Kentucky Kingdom will be the prototype park for a RMC TREX track coaster in 2018. This would allow RMC to test out the concept with a smaller layout and smaller market park before building something bigger. At first I thought Kentucky Kingdom might get a Raptor track coaster, but that seems redundant with Lightning Run already at the park.

Edit: Added sources for Kentucky Kingdom RMC 2018 project.

https://youtu.be/oYTKwweGfPU?t=5m25s

https://www.facebook.com/AmericanCoasterEnthusiasts/photos/pcb.10154010353713145/10154010353573145/?type=3&theater

UwqqUIe.png

XLd4tJs.png

Edited by Medusa42

The more I think about it, the more I believe next year will bring about a flat package like SFOT just got. Throw those onto the old Chiller spot, name them after Batman villains like OT did, and finally re-theme Movie Town to Gotham City.

The more I think about it, the more I believe next year will bring about a flat package like SFOT just got. Throw those onto the old Chiller spot, name them after Batman villains like OT did, and finally re-theme Movie Town to Gotham City.

The only reason I say no to this is because those 2 flat rides could be put in other spaces in the park. Putting those 2 there would really just waste the potential of that space.

The only reason I say no to this is because those 2 flat rides could be put in other spaces in the park. Putting those 2 there would really just waste the potential of that space.

I agree, but I think it's pretty apparent Justice League isn't coming, and I don't feel corporate would give the same park coasters in back to back years. That leads me to conclude a flat or flats are coming. I could be totally wrong though. Kind of hope I am.

But why? I'm so waiting for this? Why? Why? 2017 is whatever we will ever get? Who? Justice League or Flat Rides or Coaster? Whatever we will ever get for 2017 project. My predict is 2018 project like JL dark ride. If JL dark ride was planned for 2018. Fine! I will leave alone with these losers like you. Rumors always right for 2017/2018 for Justice League dark ride. Some is right, some is wrong. I'm waiting for two more years to want JL dark ride...

It's obvious that we aren't getting JL in 2017. I don't know why you're so adamant about this; just because you want it doesn't mean it'll happen. There are clearly two other perfect parks for it next year and SF has only brought JL to two parks a year. 2018, and in my opinion ever more likely in 2019, are much more likely.

I believe that this year is either going to be a T-REX or the flat package. The year after is going to be whatever we didn't get in 2017.

Wherever the T-REX is going, it most definitely is a SF park. They're the ones who said the days of $20M coasters are over, and the T-REX is being marketed as a cheap option for coasters.

But why? I'm so waiting for this? Why? Why? 2017 is whatever we will ever get? Who? Justice League or Flat Rides or Coaster? Whatever we will ever get for 2017 project. My predict is 2018 project like JL dark ride. If JL dark ride was planned for 2018. Fine! I will leave alone with these losers like you. Rumors always right for 2017/2018 for Justice League dark ride. Some is right, some is wrong. I'm waiting for two more years to want JL dark ride...

It's obvious that we aren't getting JL in 2017. I don't know why you're so adamant about this; just because you want it doesn't mean it'll happen. There are clearly two other perfect parks for it next year and SF has only brought JL to two parks a year. 2018, and in my opinion ever more likely in 2019, are much more likely.

I believe that this year is either going to be a T-REX or the flat package. The year after is going to be whatever we didn't get in 2017.

Wherever the T-REX is going, it most definitely is a SF park. They're the ones who said the days of $20M coasters are over, and the T-REX is being marketed as a cheap option for coasters.

• Like 1

As to why no "JL" this year, whatever we are getting, it will be in "Old Country/Movietown", i mean even Harry's pic from the last PTR of the site is pretty much telling us (not to put word's in your mouth Harry, but we all know how you operate after seeing it over the years lol) They WILL NOT build a new Building for a "JL" when we already have a perfectly fine building, in a better spot than Movietown for a "JL", next to two Superhero Coaster's, and especially not when that same building has already been converted in another Park. And the most important fact about putting one on the "Boardwalk", is that it is a rare chance for the Park to be able to add a new attraction in that "landlocked" section of the Park, that will make them a ton of Money with all those Guest's going thru the Games to get to it. They will not pass that opportunity up. But as for what the "Chiller" spot can hold, and what style of Coaster we don't have, and current trend's, it's not hard to narrow down what it's probably going to be. Last year on the same "Dueler" Survey, also was a launched "Batman" motorbike Coaster. That could be a possibility, anything with a Verticle lift, and alot of innversion's, along the lines of the "Dare Devil Dive Coaster". That could be a possibility. But i still think, we will get the 1st T-Rex, and it will be a launched one. Just not sure of the scope, and doubtful it will be a "mobius" dueler one. But never know, the last 2 year's were sort of "minor" for the standard our Park has set over the year's with new attraction's. We set a World Record with the Tallest Drop Ride in the World with the last "big" thing we did, were due for something along those lines.

How much did the Joker cost? People are saying that we wouldn't get two major coasters in a row, but is the Joker really major? It seems more like a middle-tier coaster to me and I think what Railer is saying about completing the three level of thrills with El Diablo, Joker, and the possible T-REX is perfect

S&S Freespin's only cost 7mil. And that was the Prototype's (Batman) cost, installation cost's had to have been a little cheaper with us being the second time around. And "El DIablo" is well under that number.But look at all the Demo work also, that's why they went "cheap". They won't have that this year,

S&S Freespin's only cost 7mil. And that was the Prototype's (Batman) cost, installation cost's had to have been a little cheaper with us being the second time around. And "El DIablo" is well under that number.But look at all the Demo work also, that's why they went "cheap". They won't have that this year,

Plus if Six Flags did a package deal like they probably did with the Larson Loopers, They probably have a locked cost.

If I were to guess, I would imagine SFGAdv either gets a Justice League or a Flat Ride expansion like SFOT got.