VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

2017 and Beyond Speculation at SFGA

Well, because I don't want to wait a couple of days before we get a better pic, I will be heading to the park tomorrow morning to check it out for myself. Obviously won't take a pic on Nitro, but I'll try to get a zoomed in pic from the station. I'll post what I see here before noon.

Luckily, Joker's still got that newness factor for me not to regret taking a 2nd trip out there in 3 days! :)

It don't look like anything i have really seen before on anything. It don't look like T-Rex's monster pieces. But we never have really seen what the Station Pieces look like on a T-Rex. I really don't see RMC making a Coaster that's purpose is to save money, using all that Steel on pieces that don't need all that much support. For all we know it could be T-Rex Transfer/Station/Break Run Track.

Edited by Railer

Someone today i'm sure will get some decent shot's of whatever it is out there, it's all over FB now. All i know is that while we all have diff opinions of what they could or could not be, one thing is for sure. Trying to figure it all out is just pretty damm fun ain't it?

Make that was fun. I'll be the first to admit if i'm wrong, and this year, i think i just might be. Found this shot of SFGA and when the land was just being cleared. I think i might owe that Jim Robert guy from FB $10. And i really don't like the idea of 2 giant grey boxes next to each other, and i can't believe they are leaving all the $$$ on the table not putting it in "The Boardwalk". That goes against everything i have heard about Fitzgerald. But today either way hopefully some decent pics will come down, and we'll know for sure.

gallery_208_401_9522.jpg

Edited by Railer

Yeah, it is. I don't think my kids will want Passes next year for that. No $$$ from me, Hershey gets it again next year. But i heard that the "archway" pieces that are not really seen in the pics are the giveaway that it's a "JL" Building.

EDIT : Also just heard that the "Archway" Pieces can only be seen from "Nitro's" lift, and not from the Station. They are way in the back area. Someone will have to break the rules and pull out a Phone going up it to grab a shot.

Edited by Railer

Thought i said this already, but yeah. I doubt my Girls will want Passes next year, they didn't this year with the "Joker", and prob won't again next year with a "JL". Hershey gets all our Money again, and the Park loses all the Money they would of made with more Guest's playing them after riding a new "JL" on the Boardwalk. All those Family's won't be walking thru the Games, they'll get to walk down a long, and probably "dead" Path to look at two big grey Boxes next to each other. And from what i was told this morning by someone that seem's to know what they are talking about, it's all Fitzgerald's fault. Corporate wanted it in the Simulator Building, but Fitzgerald wanted a new Building, because they don't have many large Building's within the Infastructure of the Park.

Well, that does it for me. No season passss for us. Haven't gotten a season pas since GL opened. Been hoping to come back to something big but it seems SF is just not willing to do anything that is interesting. So much for "going big"

I don't mind Har, all in fun. I'm not losing anything by them not getting one, they are. It's just a shame with our really great past, and what Great Adventure has done over the Year's by always being the Innovator, and a leader in "Cutting Edge" Coaster's and Rides. From all the way back to the only "Supersidewinder" ever made, to the the 1st Interlocking Loop's on "Lightning Loop's", and then, at the time they were added, the top Coaster's of the year's when they debuted with our "Big 3" Ka, Nitro, and Toro. Yeah, a "JL" is newer, but they are even what, 4-5 year's old now? You know in a year or two they will let it go to crap and half the stuff won't work anymore. I mean they think new themeing on a Dark Ride is a cheap light effect you can buy at Spencer's to add to the break run of the TDK, when the ride used to have really awesome 3-D Hologram Effects. And oh, yeah, now there will be 2 Subway "jump scares" on rides right next to each other. But nah, that won't seem repetative at all, and take all "the scare" out of em'. And now it will be two "Hall Of Justices" seperated by a Box in a section that should be a "Gotham City" more than anything. And now a big ugly mostly empty Building will continue to rot on The Boardwalk for prob another decade while they make us look at it by taking a long walk thru the Games to get to around the Park, while they miss the opportunity of all the revinue a "new" anything over there would of made. They would rather inconvienice Guest's, than make Money in a Games section like how in the past the Park always did, and should, and is proven to be successful. It's a stupid move for many different valid reason's.

Edited by Railer

I don't mind Har, all in fun. It's just a shame with our really great past, and what Great Adventure has done over the Year's by always being the Innovator, and a leader in "Cutting Edge" Coaster's and Rides. From all the way back to the only "Supersidewinder" ever made, to the the 1st Interlocking Loop's on "Lightning Loop's", and then, at the time they were added, the top Coaster's of the year's when they debuted with our "Big 3" Ka, Nitro, and Toro. Yeah, a "JL" is newer, but they are even what, 4-5 year's old now? You know in a year or two they will let it go to crap and half the stuff won't work anymore. I mean they think new themeing on a Dark Ride is a cheap light effect you can buy at Spencer's to add to the break run of the TDK, when the ride used to have really awesome 3-D Hologram Effects. And oh, yeah, now there will be 2 Subway "jump scares" on rides right next to each other. But nah, that won't seem repetative at all, and take all "the scare" out of em'. And now it will be two "Hall Of Justices" seperated by a Box in a section that should be a "Gotham City" more than anything. And now a big ugly mostly empty Building will continue to rot on The Boardwalk for prob another decade while they make us look at it by taking a long walk thru the Games to get to around the Park, while they miss the opportunity of all the revinue a "new" anything over there would of made. They would rather inconvienice Guest's, than make Money in a Games section like how in the past the Park always did, and should, and is proven to be successful. It's a stupid move for many different valid reason's.

This exactly. I don't mind if there are off years. I don't mind if our additions are sometimes smaller. But we haven't gotten an original coaster of the same caliber as our Big 3 since 2006. For one of the biggest Six Flags parks, 12 years is too long to not have a new rollercoaster that isn't a clone.

The part about upkeep is key here. JL looks great on paper, but people forget how SF works. Things break, malfunction, and they are never fixed. After ten years, JL is just going to be some random ride in the corner of the park that is basically abandoned.

Why the ride is not being put in the old warehouse building is beyond me. There is literally no positive in creating a new building. Not only would they profit more by putting it on the Boardwalk, it makes the park prettier without having two gigantic boxes next to each other. There's a reason Disney is ahead in the business. They don't just arbitrarily create buildings. Each building has a purpose and fits in. SF just makes boxes.

Quite honestly really disappointed in the recent trends of SF. Until things start looking up, Hershey and Dorney will be getting my money. The park just isn't the same anymore.

Is there any way that those pieces aren't for us? That maybe they aren't for JL? Maybe the pieces are just being dropped off here before they can be transferred to a park? And maybe they are coaster pieces? Or has someone confirmed from the parks that they are clearly not track?

I could just be really hopeful, but I just don't want a JL next year. SFGAdv might as well be renamed Six Flags Clone Adventure.