VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Disney Annual Pass Breaks the $1,000 Mark

scott

Apparently, if you want access to Disney parks any day of the year you have to buy a pass that is over $1,000. This is thought to be a way of controlling the number of guests in the park during peak times. If you pay some lesser prices you can visit the park on off peak days.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/news/disney-park-price-hikes-are-enraging-consumers/ar-AAfdeUc?li=AAa0dzB&ocid=DELLDHP

^ The two passes that are $1000+ are the Disneyland pass without blackouts and the combo WDW/Disneyland annual pass. But all the rest have gone up too - big time.

I use to get an annual pass to WDW too use during visits while staying at the DVC resorts. Since the price increases we have spent more of our vacation club points outside of the theme parks. There has to be a point where people will say enough is enough. I think for many, this may be it.

Well, when you consider it's more than $100 a day to visit a Disney park, it means it pays for itself after 11 visits. They're also including unlimited Photopass downloads with the top four levels of pass now, so you get something "free" with it now (lord knows you really don't get any discounts with the pass).

Many of the real fans try to put it into terms of $3 a day to pay for it, which might mean giving up something else you spend money on (Starbucks, etc.).

The photo pass costs the park nothing and is just a bone thrown to guests as a "new perk" while also taking things away such as Disney Quest. They would have made much more of a case for raising the price if they included the Tables in Wonderland dining discount in place of the photo pass as a perk of the new passes, but instead they added insult to injury by increasing that from $100 to $150 last week too.

I have been a long time WDW/DL visitor, DVC member, Disney stockholder, etc but this is getting pretty extreme, .

• Like 1

^ The two passes that are $1000+ are the Disneyland pass without blackouts and the combo WDW/Disneyland annual pass. But all the rest have gone up too - big time.

I use to get an annual pass to WDW too use during visits while staying at the DVC resorts. Since the price increases we have spent more of our vacation club points outside of the theme parks. There has to be a point where people will say enough is enough. I think for many, this may be it.

It was enough for me 15 years ago.

Very wealthy people visit Disneyland (this is not meant to be an insult, just a fact), and if they want to keep visiting, they will pay. Disney is finding the balance between price and quantity of passholders, which is something Six Flags hasn't attempted.

For 2016 I sprung for a $320 Cedar Fair platinum pass with dining and a free sports bottle, the same value I could get for $175 at Six Flags. Point is, people will pay for quality if they can afford it. I'll be making a Kings Island/Cedar Point and Kentucky Kingdom week long trip with visits to Kings Dominion closer to home.