VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

10/24/15 Trip Report

ReptileGuy

It was all in all a pretty good day at the park, the only down side is we probably spent more time in the car than in the park itself. Here is a basic run down of what we did using some estimating of times.

Overview :

The park was decently crowded yesterday, which took away form the experience a little bit. But I cant complain, because I went a Saturday night during fright fest. By the time we had gotten there, cars were being parked in the Hurricane Harbor parking lot. You would then have to walk back to the parks main gates. Once in the park, we had a good time and got on a decent amount of rides given how long we were there. I was in a group of 4 people, and it worked out very well.

I felt that the park was really lacking this year in the fright fest area. they had the sculpture/statue which was awesome, but they didnt have a lot of scare actors roaming the general park. In the past it seemed alot more eerie and fun. Maybe im just getting older though, and it is less entertaining to me now than it was in the past.

(all times are in EDT)

5:30 pm - 7:30 pm :

• left my house to go to the park
  • took about 60 min with some traffic to reach Jackson outlets
  • took another 30-60 min just to get into the park
  • was directed to the Hurricane Harbor parking lot
  • finally by 7:30 we were parked

7:30 pm - 8 pm :

• made our way to the park
  • went through security and main entrance

8 pm - 8:30 pm :

• half of our group (those with dining on card) went to eat before they closed down the meals for the night
  • the other half went to ride information as one member of our group needed an Access Pass
  • we met up at the Dippin Dots near ride information at 8:30 ish

​8:30 pm - 9 pm :

• we went to Nitro first, and apparently the ride ops dont know how their own system works...
  • the entrance worker wrote a 15 minute wait on the access paper thing
  • after 15 minutes of walking sitting and eating snacks, we went to the exit
  • rode Nitro, dont remember the train we were on, but it was surprisingly smooth

9 pm - 9:45 pm :

• next we headed to Sky Screamer
  • the attendant wrote down a 45 minute wait which seemed accurate and matched the six flags app
  • we joked around and rode a bunch of kiddie rides for the time
  • rode black beards once
  • then buccaneer
  • then air jumbo because why not
  • then headed back to Sky Screamer

9:45 pm - 10:00 pm

• rode sky screamer which was better at night, but still not that good imo
  • since it was fright fest that added to it slightly
  • after that we made our way over to Superman

10:00 pm - 11:00 pm

• got to superman and asked ride attendant wait time
  • i dont remember the specific time but it was long
  • we were deciding what to do
  • walked over to the green lantern entrance and asked there
  • then :

WE WERE SAVED BY A MAN WHO IS AMAZING

• some random guy with children had to leave the park because of the crowds and his children being scared
  • his group of people (about 10 people) had two exit passes from a ride they got stuck on
  • he gave us the exit passes and i was so confused at what was happening
  • after that we made our way back to superman
  • we went through the exit and got on in about 15 minutes

11:00 pm - 11:30 pm

• after getting off of superman, we went to el toro
  • rode on el toro once in back row
  • really good ride and there was an awesome attendant there
  • i asked him about the pain job of the trains and we jokingly agreed they are the new Genetically Modified Bulls
  • after getting off we left the park

11:30 pm - 12:30 am

• ​it took about an hour to get out of the parking lot

12:30 am - 1:00 am

• traffic on the one road that leads away from the park was horrible, took about 30 min to move about 3 miles!
  • the cause of traffic was a mix of the park closing soon and an accident occurred because of the traffic
  • by 1 am, we were out of the traffic

1:00 am - 1:30 am

• finally at around 1:30 am i got home
  • despite being in the car for long periods of time it was actually a great day at the park

RIDES OVERVIEW :

Nitro x 1

Superman x 1

El Toro x 1

Sky Screamer x 1

Black Beards x 1

Air Jumbo x 1

Buccaneer x 1

You know it's crowded when it's a 15 minute wait for a ride with an exit pass.

I hate the traffic lanes after leaving the park on 537 with the lanes for 195 north and south not being clear for anyone who doesn't drive on those roads often which causes people to have to switch lanes at the last minute. There should be signs further back to let people know which lane they need to be in.

You know it's crowded when it's a 15 minute wait for a ride with an exit pass.

I hate the traffic lanes after leaving the park on 537 with the lanes for 195 north and south not being clear for anyone who doesn't drive on those roads often which causes people to have to switch lanes at the last minute. There should be signs further back to let people know which lane they need to be in.

GIANT signs too. I think they do have signs decently far in advance, but no one reads them.

Nice trip report! You sure remembered a lot of details!

I have said this for years, 537 needs overhead signs that clearly state highways and destinations. I always go straight ahead to Route 9 but I can easily see how out of towners can get confused. The current signs are pathetic.

I'm so glad that I make the left onto 537 now. Once I get to exit the park the traffic isn't so bad. I always dread hearing my girls say "Can we go to McDonalds" on the way out. They're a little spoiled. I have trouble saying no to them so into the traffic I go.

The park was pretty jammed last night (Sunday), I am mad about them closing all the standby ride lines off 5 minutes early. They still had overflow rope queues for all the rides, even small ones.

Edited by The Master

The park didn't seem so bad last night. The main lot was never full maybe about 3/4 full. I got there with my family at about 4:00 and we stayed until 8:30. The line for batman the ride was about an hour long at 8:00 but there is only 1 train. Bizarro was a 35 minute wait. We didn't try superman or green lantern last night.

The park didn't seem so bad last night. The main lot was never full maybe about 3/4 full. I got there with my family at about 4:00 and we stayed until 8:30. The line for batman the ride was about an hour long at 8:00 but there is only 1 train. Bizarro was a 35 minute wait. We didn't try superman or green lantern last night.

I saw from the parachute tower that they were really bad. Parachutes had a short line all night which was good.