VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Photo Trip Report: November 18th, 2015 - Holiday in the Park Preview

29yrswithaGApass

Wow!!! The park looks beautiful. I especially like what they did to Skully, the Carosuel and Main St. Just shows how good the park can look when lit up at night. I hope they realize this and devide to put season-long lights, especially like the ones on the buildings at Main St. It really changes the atmosphere and "feel" for the better.

They cut the light's short on the Carousel compared to the rendering, they went from the roof to the ground on it. It must of looked better this way, because it look's GREAT!!! The red on Yum's Yum's Cones is really good too. I think that is my favorite area from the pics. It always has that perfectly classic Park feeling there, and Light's really add to it. Why we always watched "Glow In The Park" from Yum's-Yum's Porch. And maybe we can get them next Season to switch up the "Holiday In The Park" logo, to the Batsignal on TDK. That would really be awesome, and relatively simple and cheap to do. Perfect idea with it projected on the Cloud's, and i'm actually surprised they didn't think of it sooner. They sell little Batsignal's in the park even lol. Great Pics as always.

EDIT : Am i the only one that think's the Gingerbread guy on the Roof of the Carousel is pretty Tacky? He should be down where the Sand Sculpture was. That's the only thing i would change.

Edited by Railer

^ The only rides that had their lights on last night were the Carousel and Fender Benders. During HITP all open rides will have their lights on including the Big Wheel, SkyScreamer, Deja Vu, etc.

Kristin messaged me today saying that they did indeed decide to keep the Big Wheel lights off because the colors were competing with the theme of Polar Point.

^ The only rides that had their lights on last night were the Carousel and Fender Benders. During HITP all open rides will have their lights on including the Big Wheel, SkyScreamer, Deja Vu, etc.

I was surprised to see that the SkyScreamer tower was dark. Unfortunately, the Big Wheel has been closed for a couple of weeks now. Sure hope the old girl is OK.