VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Day 13 - Add a permanent Six Flags Great Adventure history museum

• 2 weeks later...

Given a permanent home, the possibilities for the museum could grow exponentially and the quality and content of the displays reach new heights. A large percentage of Great Adventure's guests have been going to the park for generations and it could really serve nicely as a top-notch non-ride attraction. Throw in a gift shop section with retro-themed merchandise and souvenirs and it could easily be a profitable venue. Let me at it!

I have an idea for retro-themed merchandise, Lets have a keyhole photo set up where you can get one of those little plastic keychain viewers you have to look in to see your photo.

I found one of those recently, it has to be from around 92. I think that's when I started dating my wife. Don't tell her I don't remember for sure when it was.

We had hoped to do the Rolling Thinder car photos in the 2014 museum. We even had the Rolling Thunder backdrop installed. Unfortunately the car was brought in on rollers and proved to be too unsteady to have people hop in and out of and we couldn't remove the rollers because of the weight of the car. If we had a higher ceiling we might have been able to do something with some type of lift but that wasn't the case in the tent.