VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Day 22 - Add an exciting themed family coaster

• 3 weeks later...

Our family coaster collection isn't too bad, but something like Th13teen at Alton Towers could make a good fit at Rolling Thunder's old spot; maybe even add a backwards part somewhere, and it could be a great family thrill coaster like Expedition Everest.

I feel like it's less a family coaster but more of a RT-type mid-range coaster that we need for riders wanting something between Blackbeard's/Mine Train/Skull Mtn./TDK and the B&Ms. My pipe dream would be a GCI installation similar to Lightning Racer at Hershey where RT was

Edited by RC98
  • Like 1

The new Ring of Fire is in the way of a coaster of decent size to placed in RT's old footprint, besides the drop tower walkway being in the way too. I think RT's old footprint will be left empty for a long time.

I see El Torro, Ka, Bizarro, Mine Train, Road Runner, Blackbeard's, Mayhem, Green Lantern, Superman, Dark Night, Batman, Nitro, and Skull Mt. as coaster (and Log Flume too but that's an on going debate as a whole): Diablo is not a coaster Six Flags

If the park were to add a family coaster, I'd like to see something like Pony Express at KBF or Pandemonium. Roller Coasters that introduce a unique experience rather then the typical standard coaster. Better yet, a traditional family style Wooden Coaster to fill in the void lost from RT.

Or a good GCI similar to Apocalypse or Evel Knievel that can OP Hersheypark's GCIs. It may have a 48 inch restriction, but it can help kids that are between 48 and 54 inches if they aren't too ready for El Toro, El Diablo, or even Total Mayhem.

The only problem is that Six Flags doesn't work that well with Gerstlauer, and I'm not sure on Maurer Sohne. They could do one from Mack Rides, as it'll provide a more unique experience. The only Mack spinning coasters are at Knott's Berry Farm and Europa Park.