VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Day 25 - Continuation and expansion of Holiday in the Park

• 4 weeks later...

Holiday in the Park was much better than I was expecting. I knew it would be nice but never thought it would be as great as it is with how much decorating and theming there is throughout the park. Being able to ride coasters until January and make the offseason less than 3 months instead of around 5 months also was also excellent. I hope it becomes a permanent yearly event at Great Adventure.

And Expand it to another park in Gurnee, Illinois.

While it would be good for SFGAm to get HITP,, Chicago usually gets snow as early as November and stops in April, and most of the rides won't be able to operate if SFGAm had HITP.

Holiday in the Park was much better than I was expecting. I knew it would be nice but never thought it would be as great as it is with how much decorating and theming there is throughout the park. Being able to ride coasters until January and make the offseason less than 3 months instead of around 5 months also was also excellent. I hope it becomes a permanent yearly event at Great Adventure.

HITP is what we deserved ever since Winter Lights was cancelled in 2004. Next year, I think the whole park should be open depending if we get typical Fright Fest/spring weather. Maybe even add a temporary upcharge ice skating rink or have a Winter Light drive thru in the HH lot.

HITP is what we deserved ever since Winter Lights was cancelled in 2004. Next year, I think the whole park should be open depending if we get typical Fright Fest/spring weather. Maybe even add a temporary upcharge ice skating rink or have a Winter Light drive thru in the HH lot.

I was thinking of doing it in the Safari with the SORA Trucks decked out for the holidays and turn Camp Aventura to Christmas Town (reindeer stables, Santa meet-greet); and they will have the solar farm next year so the park would have a bigger budget than the other parks (Over Texas and Magic Mountain probably have larger budgets too than the rest of the chain; then Discovery Kingdom and Great Escape [Great Escape because it has hotel])

^ We've had less than a foot of snow since October. And that's been total.

We have had zero snow in that time. In a normal year we usually do not get any snow until after new years. We also have the ocean that helps keep things a tad warmer while you have the colder (than the Atlantic) great Lakes that cause lake effect snow. The upper half of Illinois is a zone 5b, climate while most of NJ is zone 6b, to 7a. A decent bit warmer and a longer growing season.