VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Holiday in the Park 2016 with Map & Guide

29yrswithaGApass

Warner Bros. has a large selection of Christmas movies and specials that they are involved with and it would be great to see Six Flags incorporate somehow some of these into their Holiday in the Park entertainment just like they use the Looney Tunes and DC Comics characters.

THE POLAR EXPRESS

ELF

A CHRISTMAS STORY

CHRISTMAS VACATION

CLASSIC CHRISTMAS FAVORITES

A VERY HAROLD & KUMAR CHRISTMAS

FRED CLAUS

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

From the standpoint of children that came last year, I hope they open Bugs Bunny NP to balance the crowd this year. If that happens, Also hope they open sky ride and light up those trees within RMT. Would look pretty sweet. Just about every month this year was the hottest on record. Think they can assume another mild winter this year.

• 2 weeks later...

Coasters announced

​"Coaster fans can challenge world-class rides like Nitro, BATMAN™: The Ride, THE GREEN LANTERN and SUPERMAN – Ultimate Flight, THE DARK KNIGHT Coaster, Skull Mountain and THE JOKER weather permitting."

Same lineup as last year plus Joker, excellent. I don't think there is another park in a cold weather region that will have that many coasters running in late November and December.

Can't see why they would open Frontier but not not RMT. With that said, hope they go big and put lights within RMT trees. Could be the most epic ride for HITP. Also curious to see how the whole section will be themed. Can't wait to find out.

Maybe they are going to open the Skyway as a round trip only. It would be nice to see the lights from above.

Hey guys, I know there's nothing people like more than a guy who popped up seemingly out of nowhere spouting off unconfirmed information as fact, but this seems to be what they're doing. I was the one that took and posted that picture yesterday. We actually approached from El Toro so we didn't notice the lights until we were on the Skyway, but I asked the ride op if they would be open for Holiday in the Park and he said yes, but you have to load on the other side and then they'll just send you right back around. It sounds like the area will be closed, but Skyway is operating as a round trip journey. Personally I'm thrilled with this news.

Basically the ride op semi-confirmed it, and seeing the lights made it seem even more plausible. I didn't notice lights anywhere else in the area (and believe me, we were looking. lol).

Edited by Coasterbill

Maybe, but then the new lights shown in the pic would not be seen other than the side coming into Frontier. Or are they only placed on the side coming in? Im imagining skyway, RMT, and Bugs NP will be open.

Edited by IBOK

They're only placed on the side coming in. There are no lights inside the fort or on the side of the fort parallel to the midway (near the Mind Train exit). Plus, as I said. The ride op confirmed a round trip journey. The only part that's decorated is the part you can see from Skyway.

Also to open RMT or Bugs Bunny National Park you would need to open the midway all the way down to those rides. You can't rely on the Skyway to bring people over there because if it goes down for wind you would be paying to decorate and staff a ton of rides / areas which are now unable to be open and everyone would need to be walked back through a closed portion of the park if it closes for wind in the middle of the day. Also as I mentioned the only lights anywhere near that half of the park are on the front of the fort that's visible from Skyway (and should look awesome reflecting in the lake).

Edited by Coasterbill
  • Like 1

Absolutely. Personally I think if this event grows over time the area you're suggesting is the logical area to expand it. El Toro has issues with cold temperatures and Kingda Ka and Zumanjaro are unreliable as anything but I would think Mine Train and Bizarro would have no issues with cold temperatures, the Safari is a great family ride and a great way to bring in crowds earlier and keep them in the park longer since it's normally a late arriving crowd (though obviously some animals like the cold more than others) and of course with increased crowds you would want increased capacity by adding a new kids area. Opening up to the Frontier area makes a good deal of sense.

I don't see this happening this year or even next year but I could see the event growing over time.

Edited by Coasterbill