VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Holiday in the Park 2016 with Map & Guide

29yrswithaGApass

I like that they will have the park open between FF and HITP. I drove to Disney a couple of years ago during Jersey week. I thought it would be fun to go a little out of the way on the way home to spend a day in SFOG but it was closed. I assumed it was for the conversion. Instead I had to pay for an extra day of Disney parks.

Actually there will be two weekends of normal operations between FF and HITP for them to transition the park. Certain sections and the Safari may be closed. HITP will start on Nov 19.

Oh. Even so, the fact that the park will remain open for the transition is great in its own right.

Do you guys think that the park could possibly open Plaza Del Carnival as 'Feliz Navidad' in 2016? I doubt this would happen but thoughts? Also i know that El Toro has trouble running in the Spring and Winter so im guessing it would be closed

El Toro is the only good ride in the section, but if the add a good enough coaster i Rolling Thunder's spot, then it could.

Do you guys think that the park could possibly open Plaza Del Carnival as 'Feliz Navidad' in 2016? I doubt this would happen but thoughts? Also i know that El Toro has trouble running in the Spring and Winter so im guessing it would be closed

I think that would be awesome if Six Flags did that with Plaza Del Carnival.

Edited by CoasterKrazy

• 1 month later...

I don't know if it means anything but I was checking Flash Pass prices for Holiday in the Park and it looks like prices are around double compared to last year. It was $16 for regular last year and $30 for regular of this year. There seemed to be little demand for it last year too, I rarely saw anyone using Flash Pass.

I think it was open but there was no indication of the prices being less. I don't have a picture but found one of my posts from the end of November.

"I didn't see a single person using Flash Pass yesterday which I was kind of surprised about since even on days when the park is empty I always still see a few people with Flash Pass. Maybe they would have had more Flash Pass users if they had big signs to let people know it is half price compared to the rest of the season. I don't know if the $5 off season pass discount still applies but that would make a regular Flash Pass $17 (website is showing the non passholder prices as $22 for regular, $35 for gold, $55 for Platinum). "

Yeah the kiddie and family likes were really popular. It was the first time I ever saw Air Jumbo with an almost full queue and Dejva Vu using an overflow queue.

• 3 months later...

Hopefully the weather is as good this year as it was last. This was such a great event. Makes it a lot easier to skip Fright Fest knowing the park will still be open after.

Last year really was a sensational time for HITP. I'm looking forward to FF but getting excited for HITP. In a weird way it made the holiday season fun in an otherwise stressful period of time. Also, really looking forward to next year. Got a feeling a lot is coming to OC/MT areas. Wonder how they will integrate that area in should it get revived. Hope the budget increases a bit.