VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Photo Trip Report: March 23rd, 2016 - Opening Day!

29yrswithaGApass

I'm impressed with how Joker looks near the lake, and I like the view opened up where Grandstand used to be.

Also, I find it curious that they've removed the drink stand and old Music Express queue in Old Country, in addition to the old Chiller station. The fact that they're spending the money to remove all this from an unused section of the park makes it seem like they have plans for the area in the near future.

The funniest ride today was the one my friend had all day at the park. Recently he fell and injured his foot and ended up renting one of the park's ECVs (scooters) to get around. Oddly, the thing had a mind of its own varying the speed on its own. We tried to figure out it if was maybe the type of pavement he was on but it didn't seem to matter. Several times I could have gotten on my hands and knees and outpaced him. It seemed to go faster in reverse, but that wasn't an option!

Great report, Harry. LOVE that shot of the gorgeous Golden Kingdom sign.

Just out of curiosity, did you happen to catch prices for wheelchair/stroller/scooter rental?

Nice to see that they put up a fence around the Sky Bar construction and that things generally seemed to be tidy. But have to say I'm disappointed in what looked to be a Premier-era level of ride closures. I hope they aren't working on a shoestring ops budget once bigger crowds show up.

Great report, Harry. LOVE that shot of the gorgeous Golden Kingdom sign.

Just out of curiosity, did you happen to catch prices for wheelchair/stroller/scooter rental?

Nice to see that they put up a fence around the Sky Bar construction and that things generally seemed to be tidy. But have to say I'm disappointed in what looked to be a Premier-era level of ride closures. I hope they aren't working on a shoestring ops budget once bigger crowds show up.

Thanks pashacar!

A wheelchair is $25 with a $25 refundable deposit. An ECV IS $50 with a $50 refundable deposit. Not sure about strollers.

As mentioned, the first couple of days were a soft opening with rides that would be closed listed on their webpage ahead of time. The park had almost everything up and running including some things that were going to be closed like Zumanjaro. The park looked great especially after such an abbreviated off season.

As mentioned, the first couple of days were a soft opening with rides that would be closed listed on their webpage ahead of time. The park had almost everything up and running including some things that were going to be closed like Zumanjaro. The park looked great especially after such an abbreviated off season.

Continuing this trend, they opened BBNP today!