VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

New Caribbean Cove Interactive Water Playground Opens at Hurricane Harbor

Heat Relief: New Caribbean Cove Interactive Water Playground

Opens at Six Flags Hurricane Harbor

Jackson, NJ – July 14, 2016 – As the temperatures and humidity surge this week in New Jersey, families looking to beat the heat can find relief at the grand opening of Caribbean Cove, Six Flags Hurricane Harbor’s new water playground that features tons of splashy playtime activities along with refreshing relaxation.

"Hurricane Harbor brings the vibrant colors, iconic images and white sand beaches of the Caribbean to our new family water playground. Caribbean Cove is a fantastic complement to our world-class lineup of innovative and extreme water slides. It offers fun for junior thrill seekers and their families,” said Six Flags Great Adventure President John Fitzgerald.

The key features of Caribbean Cove include:

· Interactive, colorful and multi-level water play center

· More than 55 interactive features including spray nozzles, jets, water guns, climbing nets and two action slides

· Giant tipping bucket towering nearly two stories in the air

· Island-inspired theming elements including an oversized parrot and palm trees

· Beach-entry wading pool

· Giant white sand beach area with 300 new lounge chairs and new shade structures

The July 14 grand opening celebration features a lively island-themed party from 10:30 am to 1:30 pm complete with a party host, Caribbean music, dancing, games and giveaways for kids 48” and under. Internationally-renowned sand sculptor John Gowdy will showcase his newest masterpiece themed to Caribbean Cove, while his sons host a sandcastle building session on the Caribbean Cove beach for kids.

Caribbean Cove is located between the Taak It Eez Ee Creek lazy river and Big Wave Racer slide complex.

The 45-acre Hurricane Harbor water park also features a million-gallon wave pool, a half-mile lazy river, more than 25 high-speed thrill slides and another massive children’s water playground. All attractions are included with park admission, Season Pass or Membership.

Six Flags is also celebrating the addition of the THE JOKER, a new 4-D, free-fly coaster next door at Great Adventure. Thrill seekers experience exhilarating leaps and dives along with unexpected drops as they tumble from one level to the next and flip head-over-heels up to six times.

For more information on Hurricane Harbor, visit www.sixflags.com/hurricaneharbornj

Source: Six Flags Great Adventure

Photos and Videos available HERE.

Pretty cool addition. Hope they keep expanding here and there. I know some here hate the place but we enjoy it. Now my kids will enjoy it even more. Maybe next year they will expand for the big kids like me.

Pretty cool addition. Hope they keep expanding here and there. I know some here hate the place but we enjoy it. Now my kids will enjoy it even more. Maybe next year they will expand for the big kids like me.

I don't hate the place, I hate how poorly it is operated. Let's hope SF doesn't figure out a way to have flash pass for kiddie pools.

• Like 2

Super busy again today. Showed up late. About noon. All seats gone as expected. Lazy rivered over to new cove and to my surprise, many seats still open and remained that way for rest of the day. Cool. The cove was fun for the kids. Little smaller than I thought it would be. Certainly out of the way from the rest of the park. Not sure many people even realized it was there.

The mood of the park reflected that. Many frustrated patrons. We genuinely feel bad for the folks who don't know how to make the best of a crowded day. My hope is a major expansion will come sooner than later. It's certainly a popular place to be in the summer and getting to capacity or close most of the time should give them reason to do it.

• Like 1

Anytime HH hits capacity or close to it, tempers run high. If your not experienced on the tricks to to make the park bearable it can sometimes be a pretty grueling experience. Today was one of those days for a lot of people. Very long lines for everything aside, there is also no place to sit, no table with shade to eat, you can't fall over in the pool or river without knocking into someone else and operations run slow. With that said, a family that came out trying to have a good time is met with the endless problems I laid out above. This causes them to lash out at each other or a fellow patron. Sometimes both. This was evident from my observations today. I don't know what the magic number for capacity is but it ought to be cut down significantly. I posted before that HH could make an exact replica of itself and it would still be crowded.

I also don't want to give the wrong impression, this isn't how it always turns out. Most of our trips are very positive and we go often. As a matter of fact my family had a pretty good time today. Just seems to get a bit ugly for the general population at or near capacity. Problem is you never know what days are going to be that busy.

Maybe crowds would be a little lower if Hurricane Harbor wasn't included in the gold pass and had a $10 upcharge to add it onto a season pass like it used to be up until a few years ago?

• Like 1

Or maybe if they would invest to expand to the Guest level's that we now have. This year was a start, but they need more. And this is nothing new, been hitting capacity for the last few year's. Best way to make it enjoyable is avoid it on days like that, and that's pretty much every day but Tues, Wed, and Thurs. And if it's really hot out, then it's mobbed on those days even.

Maybe crowds would be a little lower if Hurricane Harbor wasn't included in the gold pass and had a $10 upcharge to add it onto a season pass like it used to be up until a few years ago?

Agreed entirely. I'd love to know the thinking behind that change a few years back. Right now, it feels like "Including HH will make more people buy passes, and make us more money, Guest experience be damned."

• Like 1

Exactly, Quarterly return's for Shareholder's is all they care about anymore, and i for one am sick of it. From ad wrap's, to removing Rides to boost Flashpass Sales, now all the way up putting an attraction in a stupid spot just because it's cheaper to put it there, when in the other spot would make them more Money long term, and just be a smarter move for future development.

Exactly, Quarterly return's for Shareholder's is all they care about anymore,

I understand but in the end this is a business and it has to show growth in the profits or money will be cut from the budget. I don't think they would put a new attraction in a place just because that is the cheapest place to build it. It may not seem so but I expect there are people who study the park layout and make plans for development and not just find a place to drop an attraction in just to drop it in.

I know it doesn't seem that way sometimes but I believe there is a plan in place.

HH observation:

I know they just opened Carribean Cove. Which is rather unimpressive. The structure only hold a handful of kids...and the entire center is blocked off for the water slides. Anyway, when we were there 2 Fridays ago, there were a number of men in suits and hard hats out the in big field behind the parking lot with clipboards walking around. Any ideas as to what this could have been? They weren't in the drainage basin or the helipad, but rather the field next to it.

HH observation:

I know they just opened Carribean Cove. Which is rather unimpressive. The structure only hold a handful of kids...and the entire center is blocked off for the water slides. Anyway, when we were there 2 Fridays ago, there were a number of men in suits and hard hats out the in big field behind the parking lot with clipboards walking around. Any ideas as to what this could have been? They weren't in the drainage basin or the helipad, but rather the field next to it.

Could be a number of things. Safety inspectors, a company looking to rent out the space (for an event or maybe something like what Amazon did over HITP), people from corporate just checking in on the park

Could be a number of things. Safety inspectors, a company looking to rent out the space (for an event or maybe something like what Amazon did over HITP), people from corporate just checking in on the park

. . . engineers from ProSlide scouting out the HH-mirror image site, representatives from Dippin' Dots corporate . . .