VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Six Flags Celebrates Summer of Games with First-Ever “Fryathlon”

29yrswithaGApass

Six Flags Celebrates Summer of Games with First-Ever “Fryathlon”

Theme Parks Debuts Limited Time Food Offerings, Patriotic Sweet Treats and Exclusive Games Promotion

JACKSON, New Jersey – August 1, 2016 – Guests can go for gold this summer at Six Flags Great Adventure during the first Summer of Games. Running nation-wide at all Six Flags theme parks, guests can indulge with internationally-inspired foods, purchase Six Flags exclusive patriotic apparel and try to win gold-level prizes in the company’s first midway games competitions.

gallery_2_1093_416083.jpg

For the first time ever, Six Flags features an international competition within its midway games, offering guests the opportunity to purchase a special, discounted games pass and test their skills among five midway games – including 3-Point Shot and Ring Toss -- to win exclusive souvenir medals. Any guest winning all five games will win their choice of a Gold Season Pass, a Gold Flash Pass, or a Gold All Season Dining Pass. Games are available in the Boardwalk section of the theme park.

gallery_2_1093_210756.jpg

Six Flags also debuts a full line of culinary treats during the promotion including the world’s first “Fryathlon” featuring French fries topped with the year’s most celebrated summer flavors like:

· July 30 – August 7: Brazil’s Rio Delicioso Fries topped with Brazil’s classic meats, cheeses and spicy sauces;

· August 8-14: Thailand’s Spiced Sriracha Fries, topped with Sriracha mayo and Shichimi Togarashi; and

· August 15-21: USA’s Good ‘Ole American Cheeseburger Fries, featuring our famous fries topped with seasoned burger crumbles, pickles, and mustard.

All of these culinary treats are available at Main Street Pub and Shore Eats. Guests can follow loaded fries with patriotic sweet treats including a full line of international fudge flavors such as signature red, white & blue USA fudge, dipped apples and cake pops. These indulgent desserts make their debut at Sweet Treats on Main Street.

gallery_2_1093_288350.jpg

In addition, during this limited time Six Flags offers a new line of exclusive patriotic DC COMICS Team apparel: Team SUPERMAN, Team BATMAN, or Team WONDER WOMAN, all available at Daily Planet Gifts. Plus, a full line of USA and international-themed apparel, hats and accessories can be found at Flags, Attitudes and Main Street Market.

For more information on the Summer of Games, visit www.sixflags.com/summerofgames.

Source: Six Flags Great Adventure

• Like 1

It sounds like it should be fun to try to win all 5 games. I wonder what is considering winning on some games like 3 Point Shot, a perfect score seems almost impossible with a high value prize for just that game worth even more than a gold season pass and getting the minimum points for a small prize might be too easy. Ring Toss is difficult too, I have only been able to get a ring around a bottle once, around 20 years ago at Sea World Orlando (I still have the giant stuffed animal shark).

• 2 weeks later...

Got the Cheeseburger fries today, at first the woman said it's not on the dining plan, then I said "Yes it is" and my brother was going to pull up this page, but she asked another woman and she said it's a snack, and so the woman asked me if I wanted to use it as lunch or a snack, so I said "Snack if it's available" (which was a mistake because it was 2:35, so we had to run and get salads), then they forgot to add cheese. I sat down, ate half, then threw the rest out because to be honest, they were pretty nasty. The ketchup and mustard messed the whole flavor up. Maybe it would've been better with the burger pieces, but I'm a vegetarian so I got it without.