VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Gr.Adv.Debate #37: Have Flash Pass or do away with it?

Flash Pass or No Flash Pass available at GA  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Now we know Flash Pass isn't going away because it is a money maker for the park, but given the option would you rather the park not offer a jump to the head of the line feature?

• Yes - Go back to the old way where no one has an advantage waiting in line.
    • No - If someone is willing to pay they should be able to bypass the line.

I voted for keeping it. I used to be against it but it's now standard to have a virtual queue / line skipping system in almost every major park and it can be very helpful for people who are traveling from far away or only visit once a year and want to ride everything they can in 1 day.

I also used to be against it because I felt like that parks would purposely reduce capacity to increase sales by running 1 train but that doesn't happen at Great Adventure where 2 or 3 trains are almost always running depending on the ride.

Flash Pass also does not effect the regular line as much as other systems like Fast Lane where instead of a return time, you just go to the Fast Lane entrance instantly as often as you want. If Great Adventure had a system like Fast Lane, I might have voted differently. I also like that except for Runaway Mine Train, all lines merge in the station.

The only thing I would get rid of is either Platinum Flash Pass completely or the double rides. Most of the time the people with Platinum Flash Pass are the ones who have to explain to the people waiting about the double rides and it causes the people waiting to sometimes get annoyed.

When I went to Six Flags New England a few years ago, I got Gold because I was only there for the day and knew I wouldn't be back for a while. Considering how long the lines were that day, I don't think I would of been able to ride every major coaster more than once if I didn't have Flash Pass. I do agree that it's extremely annoying when people have Platinum and ride twice. It's the WORST when you are with a group and want to get on the same train, and you're all about to walk on together when all the sudden the people stay sitting in the row you're waiting for. Even though other people in my group can ride, we want to ride together, so then they have to let two people in front of them and it's a mess. One time this situation happened three times in a row and we waited an extra TEN MINUTES to get on the same ride.

With Platinum you're only waiting 10% of the normal wait, so if they really want to ride again it wouldn't take that much longer to reserve it again.

They should do 2 things:

Flash Pass AND Single Rider lines.

It seems like the park has been adding single rider lines to almost every new addition with Green Lantern, Zumanjaro and Joker all having single rider lines. I'm hoping Justice League will as well.

At Six Flags New England they had a single rider line for Deja Vu... It saved us about 20 minutes after waiting 45 minutes. It also was able for us to ride all the coasters that day without getting a flash pass.

At Six Flags New England they had a single rider line for Deja Vu... It saved us about 20 minutes after waiting 45 minutes. It also was able for us to ride all the coasters that day without getting a flash pass.

I remember waiting 5 minutes for Deja Vu compared to the 25 minute wait. But then after, I had a headache the ride. Edited by Mr.Six

• 4 months later...

I'm on the fence, but lean towards getting rid of it. I understand why they would have it, but after waiting an hour for a ride and watching group after group take the next car you expected to get on, it is pretty frustrating for those that are already spending a ton of cash just to visit without the flash pass.