VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Day 4 - Replace Kingda Ka's Hard Restraints

I also liked the restraints on Banshee better than the regular B&M invert restraints.

Kingda Ka getting the new restraints would be great. I never rode Maverick with the old restraints and found that new restraints were great. On the coasters at Hershey, it made them much better especially Storm Runner.

I rode Maverick both with the old and new restraints and liked it more with the new ones. I also really liked them on Hershey's coasters and agree they'd be great on Ka.

Am I the only one who would also love soft-vest Banshee style restraints on Batman?

That would be nice, they're much more open around your head. I just wish they'd loosen up the vests a little since when I rode Gatekeeper and Banshee the vests put a lot of pressure on my collarbones which hurt a bit. The Joker's vests and the strap restraints shown at the beginning of this topic didn't do that to me. Edited by RC98

I rode Maverick both with the old and new restraints and liked it more with the new ones. I also really liked them on Hershey's coasters and agree they'd be great on Ka.

That would be nice, they're much more open around your head. I just wish they'd loosen up the vests a little since when I rode Gatekeeper and Banshee the vests put a lot of pressure on my collarbones which hurt a bit. The Joker's vests and the strap restraints shown at the beginning of this topic didn't do that to me.

How about Superman style vest restraints for Batman? Also those type of restraints for Green Lantern too.

* I really hope that wasn't part of the Advent Calendar.

• 1 month later...

I would LOVE to see those vest restraints on Ka, but the ride is so expensive to maintain that doing this is just not their priority. I would like to see them make the ride smoother before they worry about the restraints. I hear Top Thrill Dragster is much smoother then Kingda Ka. I wonder if its the way the trains are designed that has something to do with the friction and speed on the track. I wouldn't see it happening unless riders constantly complained about the restraints. (Not sure if they do). I'm sure they take care of the trains very well but would anyone know if there's a reason why the ride is a rough? I remember it was rough since it opened.