VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Day 17- Eliminate Flashpass From Hurricane Harbor

• 3 weeks later...

With the low capacity of water slides, pay to cut / virtual queue systems really don't work well for water parks. It's great for those that have it, not so great for everyone else. In the theme park it doesn't seem to effect the lines much probably because if there is a 30 minute wait for Nitro and 30 people use Flash Pass, the extra wait is around 1 train or a couple minutes. For a slide tower, an extra 30 people could be an extra 15 minutes.

How does the Flash Pass even work? I know the Flash Pass can't get wet

It's a wristband that looks similar to a watch. You go to a kiosk and select the slide from a screen and then a timer counts down on the device and when it gets to 0, you go to the Flash Pass entrance.

Edit, here is a a video that shows how it works:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9I5vD1O7fYY

Please, I want Flash Pass eliminated from all of the Six Flags Water parks. It is very annoying due to it slowing down lines, and standby taking (on crowded days) about an hour. Though, the Flash Pass in the regular theme parks doesn't seem to have an effect on me, but those blue tickets do.

Edited by GAfanboy13
  • Like 1

Another issue is the limited access up water slide towers. For the flashpass to work, they have to pulse the standby line up the towers by holding them in ground queues so fastpassers can go right up the tower stairway. The big downside for standby guests is that instead of being in a continuous moving line they wait a long time on the ground not moving at all. The LoQ employees can pause the standby lines for very long intervals which frustrates guests. They also pull this pulsing at the inner tube pickup so fastpass users can get tubes right away. So a standby guest at HH has to wait twice in non moving queues while at other water parks guests grab tubes and walk up towers in continuous moving lines. These long pauses adds to the standby wait times by a great deal. Moreys can get long water slide lines but they move fast so the wait isn't long. A long fast moving line is better than a non moving line.

Edited by The Master

• 3 weeks later...

I had the worst experience at Hurricane Harbor with flashpass, It basically only got us tubes with out waiting, they have a horrible system. With the Flaspass we got our tubes but pretty much still had to wait in the regular line that everyone else was in with their tubes. This was when it was first introduced and half the staff was confused them selves. Not sure if they fixed it but it is not a system meant for a water park.. Especially with the stairs, its tough to have two separate lines. They should eliminate it and add more tubes to the lazy river and complexes because if you rent one then you have to do all the tube rides return it and then go on Tornado and family raft and wave racer because someone might steal it otherwise.

• Like 1