VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Fun Spot Adding Gravity Group Wooden Coaster To Kissimmee Park

Yoshi

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/travel/attractions/theme-park-rangers-blog/os-fun-spot-wooden-coaster-kissimmee-20161208-story.html

A wooden roller coaster is expected to open next year at Fun Spot America in Kissimmee, the company announced Thursday.

The ride will be the only wooden coaster in the Southeast U.S. to include a barrel roll, according to John Arie Jr., Fun Spot CEO.

"We have worked tirelessly with the Gravity Group to design a ride that will be a must-ride coaster for any thrill seeker and coaster enthusiast, definitely bucket-list worthy," he said.

Fun Spot says it's investing $6 million in the attraction, and that it will open in the summer of 2017.

The coaster, which has not yet been named, will be 2,256 feet long and will top out at 82 feet high. Its top speed will be 48.5 mph, and it will feature 11 instances of air time. Each train will hold 12 passengers, held into space with a lap bar.

After the Orlando location added a GCI and Vekoma Family Inverted coaster a few years ago, it is nice to see their other location get a new coaster as well and from the video it looks like it will be a fun ride and has a lot of elements in a short amount of track.

It's good that the Kissimmee location is getting a decent coaster to their park. Their only other coaster is a Zamperla Spinning Wild Mouse which is basically a clone of Primeval Whirl at the nearby Animal Kingdom and is nothing special. I've seen but not visited the Kissimmee location in 2013 and prior to the addition, the most significant attraction was their Sky Coaster which is the tallest one in existence.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 6 years later...

I’m thrilled about this. The layout is great but the ride is so painful that I only ride it once a visit. I’ll be visiting the Kissimmee park a lot more (plus having the only flying scooters in FL doesn’t hurt either).

• 4 months later...

I rode Mine Blower tonight and the new sections are a big improvement. You can really tell which sections are the new steel track as it is very smooth.

There are still some rough spots in other sections but it’s re-rideable now. Hurricane was rougher than I remember.