VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Adults by themselves on kiddie rides

dougdrummer

Are there any written or unwritten rules about two adults going on a kiddie ride without little ones? The issue I have is that my wife does not like most adult coasters, so she's relegated to smaller rides and coasters that do not invert. I consider myself lucky to get her on Runaway Train.

When we walk past the kiddie sections, there are a few rides that adults can fit in, and are designed for older kids (like pre teens) as opposed to the little tykes. I try to convince her that we should ride some of them, but she is embarrassed and says you really need to have a kid with you to be allowed on board.

I know this is a lame topic, but I was wondering what your thoughts were on this.

It's always a little awkward. The biggest problem is usually fitting on the ride. You'll rarely find a kiddie coaster where 2 adults can fit in the same car.

Six Flags doesn't have any rules about it, but Cedar Fair actually does have a written rule. An adult needs a child within the height range to ride.

No, I don't think there are any rides that have a rule you have to have a kid with you except for the kids play areas in Hurricane Harbor, Splash Water Oasis and the play areas that were in the theme park but removed.

A few kids rides don't allow anyone over 54" like the frog hopper and stage coach ride but anything else is fine.

Edit, I think the rule of needing a kid varies by park more than the chain. At Dorney, it's the same as Great Adventure, adults can ride all rides in Planet Snoopy without a kid except the 54" maximum rides but some Six Flags parks like La Ronde don't allow adults to ride the kids rides without a kid.

There are definitely some "unwritten" ones and given the park's location, people are happy to shout about them.

When we were teenagers, my friends and I thought it was the height of humor to ride the kiddie rides and act like they were big, scary thrillers. Once, a mother who apparently didn't think it was quite as funny as we did spent most of a ride's cycle shouting at us, "WHAT'S WRONG WITH THIS PICTURE, HUH?!"

• Like 1

There are definitely some "unwritten" ones and given the park's location, people are happy to shout about them.

When we were teenagers, my friends and I thought it was the height of humor to ride the kiddie rides and act like they were big, scary thrillers. Once, a mother who apparently didn't think it was quite as funny as we did spent most of a ride's cycle shouting at us, "WHAT'S WRONG WITH THIS PICTURE, HUH?!"

yeah - my wife wouldn't be acting like that......LOL

I find nothing wrong with it. Actullay sometimes they are a big help in getting a adult out of the "I dont do rides".. Now if your going to act like the fool yea please stay away from them. But most parks will let you ride.

LOL as long as nobody was swearing or obnoxious to any of the kids in the area I think it sounds like something I would be amused by.

• Like 1

I remember years ago in Bugs Bunny Land, the kiddie ride ops would shame big kids for trying to ride some of the kiddie attractions.