VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Hurricane Irma Closes Orlando Theme Parks

GAcoaster

I flew down Tuesday and ended up renting a car and driving back home Wednesday and Thursday because our return flight this Sunday was cancelled when we got there.   So disappointed.   On the way home convoys of ambulance and utility trucks were heading south.  

Be careful.   You don't want to mess with Irma.   

Thanks.  It is easy to reschedule a vacation so it was a pretty easy decision.  I feel sorry for the folks, especially along the coast with the storm surge, that had to evacuate and leave all their belongings behind.  But as they have been saying, property and belongings can be replaced - it's not worth risking your life riding out a category 5 hurricane.

Pretty much everyone and everything is prepared as it can be for the storm.

Many businesses are closed, but the tourist district is still going to serve the guests until things get bad. Our Wawa is open and doing HUGE business. Luckily it is one of the locations they determined is critical because of its central location (just off I-Drive across from SeaWorld and many hotels) and has been getting gas and other deliveries. 

Hopefully the storm continues to track to the west and loses more strength. It will still be a powerful storm when it hits just not as powerful.