VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

New for 2019 - Wonder Woman Lasso of Truth! OPENS JUNE 7TH

29yrswithaGApass

3 minutes ago, owtoty said:

Have any of the clones at other parks had similar issues upon opening?

CraZanity at Magic Mountain had several issues when it first opened and was down for a couple of weeks.  The Joker: Carnival of Chaos at Fiesta Texas was waiting on a new gearbox (according to the Park President) as soon as it was assembled, but I think that is because they sent it here to fix the first issue with Wonder Woman. Complex machines take time to break in and adjust.

Not the same ride, but Riddler Revenge at Over Texas received a new motor in February and that required the pendulum section to be removed so the entire motor could be removed from the top and swapped out.

On 6/29/2019 at 7:04 PM, ForTheWin44 said:

Wonder Woman Lasso of Truth has been experiencing a ton of technical difficulties, to the point where the ride breaks down at least once a day. Before opening they had to replace the motor because it broke, and now Thursday, June 27th, Wonder Woman Lasso of Truth almost collapsed. The motor failed mid course and it caused every support to start violently shaking. They immediately stopped the ride, and put the blue fence for construction back up as soon as they could. They are now replacing the motor once again, making this the 2nd time the motor failed. If this continues, what do you think the future of Wonder Woman Lasso of Truth is? And what will they do to fix it?

824C3768-67C8-49B5-9540-9BA052ECD4A1.jpeg

EADC11E2-28FB-487B-953A-8B352C6E21CA.MOVUnavailable

I have no argument. And at this point I'm pretty convinced. Considering that 13 employees on Thursday told me that it was the asphalt issues. I was there today with a friend, and I asked about 3 employees this time, and their answers changed. Two said "major updates". And I was checking out wonder woman today and I happened to ask a security guard passing by, if they were having more motor issues. Figuring I could have more clues asking that question instead just asking why's its closed. It took him a while to finally say. "I dont know. I dont get paid enough to say" and walked away. And I'm just like what the. Like I understand they want good publicity, so I kinda understand.. But I would feel so much safer if they put on their big boy pants and addressed the issues. Because its leading to all this speculation and it's really annoying.

I was at the park July 3rd.  At the beginning of the day I was shocked when the walls were taken down, but a few hours later they were put back up.  Construction vehicles were back on site, and some kind of work was being done to the ride.

• 2 weeks later...

Kind of a funny story. The last new ride(which I only did once) was El Diablo. I'm too tall for Joker, same for Cyborg so I am really excited to try WW. Have been to the park a few times since opening but the only day it was open while I was there the line was outrageous so I opted out. Have been stalking this thread hoping to learn it's open again. Looks like it will be my new favorite ride. At least from the ground.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally rode Wonder Woman last night. Other than the extremely unorganized loading system where they literally announce to everyone that its a free-for-all and that everyone needs to find a seat in 45 seconds, it is an awesome ride and awesome addition that I will probably ride every time I visit. Seats facing Nitro's lift are the money seats, indeed.

On ‎7‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 8:48 AM, joeyc98 said:

Finally rode Wonder Woman last night. Other than the extremely unorganized loading system where they literally announce to everyone that its a free-for-all and that everyone needs to find a seat in 45 seconds, it is an awesome ride and awesome addition that I will probably ride every time I visit. Seats facing Nitro's lift are the money seats, indeed.

I was there with ya on Friday!!! I didn't get to ride Wonder Woman but my kids did. I was happy to see it up and running.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Still have not ridden on Wonder Woman yet. I sat in it back in the early summer, but they closed it after I sat down. Last Sunday I tried again, when it was supposed to be my turn they closed the ride down again. Every time I try to ride it, they close it down. 

Edited by The Master

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

If anyone is interested in seeing my Aerial Construction Photos from the 2018/2019 off-season, feel free to check-out my Six Flags Great Adventure page.  I have (6) galleries available for your viewing pleasure....

Edited by Flyin Phil

21 hours ago, Flyin Phil said:

If anyone is interested in seeing my Aerial Construction Photos from the 2018/2019 off-season, feel free to check-out my Six Flags Great Adventure page.  I have (6) galleries available for your viewing pleasure....

@Flyin Phil Great Photos! Do you plan on doing another Aerial view of the park soon ?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm still grounded, but am hopeful to be back in the air by mid May...I'll post a park fly-over update to my BLOG if/when that flight takes place...