VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

New for 2019 - Wonder Woman Lasso of Truth! OPENS JUNE 7TH

29yrswithaGApass

I never thought I would like pendulum rides but just a few weeks ago I finally gave in and went on one and thought it was really cool, so i'll definitely be trying this one out.

Edited by SFGadv123

So... according to the above, the memberships are also 50% off through the 3rd? That's a really really good price. I still haven't upgraded our old gold memberships... may have to do it now.

Anyone know what the 3 bonus months mean? Is that 3 additional months of the sale price before the payments go up? My current membership is valid continuously so long as my payments are current. 

Edited by hollyferry

^Why you are already talking about 2020 and not excited about next year's ride is beyond me. I am extremely excited about this as I have yet to ride a Giant Discovery, and when I visited Six Flags New England this summer, their's was closed. Also, it really is awesome seeing this whole area being brought back to life. Icing on top would be a new show in either Showcase or the Stunt Arena.

59 minutes ago, gasmforever said:

really love the ride but the gimmick of being the worlds tallest needs to drop, its the same size as the one that Over Texas is getting and they are the same size as Crazanity at Magic Mountain.

Technically they say that ours (and SFFT) will swing to 172 feet.  That is two feet higher than SFMM.

1 hour ago, hollyferry said:

Anyone know what the 3 bonus months mean? Is that 3 additional months of the sale price before the payments go up? My current membership is valid continuously so long as my payments are current. 

I expect the bonus 3 months refer to the 2019 memberships being good for the rest of 2018 and all of 2019

1 hour ago, scott said:

I expect the bonus 3 months refer to the 2019 memberships being good for the rest of 2018 and all of 2019

Yes, I believe this is to entice season pass holders to convert to memberships since season passes don't expire until the end of the year. You will have some season pass holders thinking that there is no need to purchase now since their season passes are valid through the end of 2018. This may hook some into converting to memberships, which is SIX's ultimate goal.

As for me, I'll see my season pass through until the end of 2018, and forgo and type of pass or membership next year.

I think this is a solid addition, not something I would ride, but a good addition. I thought they would go Big for 2019, but I guess they will wait for 2020. New Jersey will have 3 world record Rides opening in 2019, one at GA and two at Nickelodeon Universe. Three new Roller Coasters opening in NJ in 2019, but none at GA.

4 hours ago, hollyferry said:

So... according to the above, the memberships are also 50% off through the 3rd? That's a really really good price. I still haven't upgraded our old gold memberships... may have to do it now.

HA! Nope!

It's 50% off the full season price. They recently started letting people pay upfront for a membership instead of monthly. It's called a "Full Season Membership" and is only valid for the year, sort of like a season pass. It's ridiculous.

The Diamond Elite "Full Season Membership" is $490 upfront for all of 2019. And so the memberships are over 50% off of that full season price, down to $19/month, which is the price it always is.
The FAQs say that they don't plan to have sales on memberships like they do for season passes. They'll always be the same price, at least until they all increase for normal inflation.

For the 3-month deal, you get a bonus 3 months of membership AFTER you cancel. So if you cancel after your 12 months are up, you'll stop paying, but the membership is active for another 3 months. NOTE That it does NOT extend your dining / flash pass, or whatever other add-ons Six Flags may invent. If you stay a member for 48 months instead of canceling to get the 3 months, they'll give you 3 months worth of in-park spending credit.

When all the flats were closed or removed from 2007 - 2009, there were less than 10 rides in the park that weren't coasters, kids rides or water rides. Now with another flat ride added for 2019, they arguably have of the of the best flat ride collections in the area. Like CYBORG Cyber Spin, this is another ride I'll be watching from the walkway.

12 hours ago, Matt Kaiser said:

HA! Nope!

It's 50% off the full season price. They recently started letting people pay upfront for a membership instead of monthly. It's called a "Full Season Membership" and is only valid for the year, sort of like a season pass. It's ridiculous.

The Diamond Elite "Full Season Membership" is $490 upfront for all of 2019. And so the memberships are over 50% off of that full season price, down to $19/month, which is the price it always is.
The FAQs say that they don't plan to have sales on memberships like they do for season passes. They'll always be the same price, at least until they all increase for normal inflation.

For the 3-month deal, you get a bonus 3 months of membership AFTER you cancel. So if you cancel after your 12 months are up, you'll stop paying, but the membership is active for another 3 months. NOTE That it does NOT extend your dining / flash pass, or whatever other add-ons Six Flags may invent. If you stay a member for 48 months instead of canceling to get the 3 months, they'll give you 3 months worth of in-park spending credit.

Well, that's crap lol. I'm still putting off upgrading then. 

23 hours ago, 29yrswithaGApass said:

Technically they say that ours (and SFFT) will swing to 172 feet.  That is two feet higher than SFMM.

Apparently SFMM's was also 172 feet when they announced it in the press release. I don't know if it shrank since then or if there's now 3 World's Tallest. But by that logic, we probably have the world's tallest scrambler too, right?

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Six Flags FUN! said:

Listen kid, 2020 is Great Adventure's new major coaster, it could be from RMC like RMC T-Rex.....

Or it could be an Intamin Blitz coaster... Those a great!!!  I can see one of those that goes over (and under) the lake..... Put me in charge... I'm the new Operating Manger!!!!!

Here is the planning board agenda for September 17th.

http://www.jacksontwpnj.net/documents/agendas/planning/2018/09-17-18.pdf

Block: 3101; Lot: 11 – Administrative Approval – Great Adventure

2019 Capital Improvements – Construction of a new 172’3” tall ride attraction (Wonder Woman), including queue lines, shad structure, protective canopy over an employee walkway, operator booths, site lighting, an electrical control building, entry portal and associated themed elements.