VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

New for 2019 - Wonder Woman Lasso of Truth! OPENS JUNE 7TH

29yrswithaGApass

15 hours ago, FlumeOp1974 said:

Im still lost as to how one has a preview, with the attraction not running.

It's the member appreciation event that went on without the ride preview. They probably had to have it since May is ending and June's Member Appreciation Event is early on June 8th.

• 2 weeks later...

Rumor is that Wonder Woman is opening FRIDAY for Member & Passholder previews, soft open to the public 5 PM on Saturday.  Details are supposed to drop via email later today.  

This is second-hand information so I take no credit/blame for it.  

• Like 1

membership_appreciation_1.jpg
Join us this Friday or Saturday
to ride WONDER WOMAN Lasso of Truth before anyone else!

You are invited to experience our all-new ride this weekend before the general public. Standing 17 stories tall, WONDER WOMAN Lasso of Truth, will be the tallest pendulum ride in the world and our Members will get the chance to ride it first! 

Friday's Schedule:

10:30am-2pm: Members-only exclusive ride time on WONDER WOMAN Lasso of Truth. Diamond Elite Members can use The FLASH Pass entrance! 

10:30am-12:30pm: Members-only exclusive - pick up your limited-time collectible WONDER WOMAN Lasso of Truth pin (while supplies last) 

2pm-9pm: Members and Pass Holders get exclusive ride time on our new ride. Diamond Elite Members can use The FLASH Pass entrance! 

Saturday's Schedule:

10:30am-2pm: Members-only exclusive ride time on WONDER WOMAN Lasso of Truth. Diamond Elite Members can use The FLASH Pass entrance! 

10:30am-12:30pm: Members-only exclusive - pick up your limited-time collectible WONDER WOMAN Lasso of Truth pin (while supplies last) 

2pm-5pm: Members and Pass Holders get exclusive ride time on our new ride. Diamond Elite Members can use The FLASH Pass entrance! 

Plus, we are hosting another Member Appreciation event this Sunday, June 9just for Members, where you will get exclusive ride time on BIZARRO, Runaway Mine Train and Skyway, a limited edition BIZARRO Ride 20th Anniversary Pin, delicious food samples from our all-new restaurant, and double Six Flags Membership Rewards points. We hope to see you at the park as we celebrate Members all weekend! 

If you haven't already enrolled in Six Flags Membership Rewards, you can sign up in the Member Portal today. Eligible Members can sign up by simply updating their account to start earning free food, souvenirs, and one-of-a-kind in-park experiences while you have fun at the park! 

Simply show your valid Gold Plus, Platinum, Diamond, or Diamond Elite Member card at each event location for exclusive Members-only access! To attend the event, each member of your party must present a valid Membership card. Guests of Six Flags Great Adventure Members will not be admitted to the event.
  • Like 1

• 29yrswithaGApass changed the title to New for 2019 - Wonder Woman Lasso of Truth! OPENS JUNE 7TH

Flyin Phil here...I was over the park today and shot Wonder Woman in action, along with other areas of the park, including many of the "Bone Yard"...

Enjoy !

See the photos HERE

• Thanks 1

I can’t say enough great things about Wonder Woman! I got my first 2 rides in today on a quick visit and not only is it great for filling such a valuable space in the park, but the ride is so intense and an awesome addition to our flat ride collection! GAdv really has a hit on its hands, can’t wait to ride WW again soon!

World’s Tallest Pendulum Ride Opens

at Six Flags Great Adventure

WONDER WOMAN Lasso of Truth Joins Record-Breaking Thrill Lineup

JACKSON, N.J. ─ June 13, 2019  Six Flags Great Adventure, the World’s Ultimate Thrill Park, in partnership with Warner Bros. Consumer Products on behalf of DC, today launches the world’s tallest pendulum ride,WONDER WOMAN Lasso of Truth, to thrill-seeking reporters, bloggers and VIPs. Towering at a staggering 17 stories tall, this jaw-dropping, spinning disk reaches speeds up to 75 miles per hour as it spins and swings to breathtaking heights.

“Innovation is part of the Six Flags DNA and we deliver new, groundbreaking, awe-inspiring attractions every season,” said Park President John Winkler. “Wonder Woman is one of the world’s most iconic DC Super Heroes and we are thrilled to launch this action-packed ride bearing her name in our Metropolis-themed area. It’s the perfect complement to state-of-the-art, fan-favorite rides such as CYBORG Cyber Spin and JUSTICE LEAGUE Battle for Metropolis.”

WONDER WOMAN Lasso of Truth is an oversized pendulum-shaped ride that sends guests on a dizzying journey to extreme heights. Highlights include:

·         Massive, 17-story pendulum that swings back and forth;

·         40 riders propelled in counterclockwise circles as the ride swings continuously;

·         Speeds of nearly 75 miles per hour;

·         Riders experience feelings of weightlessness at 172 feet in the air; and

·         Floorless seats that leave riders’ feet dangling as they whirl through the air.

Six Flags 2019 Memberships and Season Passes are currently on sale. Members can now enjoy priority park entry, preferred parking and tremendous discounts of up to 50% on nearly all food and merchandise purchases all season long. Gold Plus, Platinum, Diamond and Diamond Elite levels are available featuring all the perks of a Season Pass plus other benefits including admission to all Six Flags branded theme and waterparks, skip the line passes, unlimited soft drinks and much more! For more information, visit the Membership Sales Center or go online to sixflags.com/greatadventure and sign up.

For more information about WONDER WOMAN Lasso of Truth, visit www.sixflags.com/greatadventure/attractions/newfor2019.

About Six Flags Entertainment Corporation

Six Flags Entertainment Corporation is the world’s largest regional theme park company and the largest operator of waterparks in North America, with $1.5 billion in revenue and 26 parks across the United States, Mexico and Canada. For 58 years, Six Flags has entertained millions of families with world-class coasters, themed rides, thrilling water parks and unique attractions. For more information, visit www.sixflags.com.

large_WW9.jpg.6419ae613cab0646e2af1b903a

large_WW8.jpg.e94adce6b133da4d63ba65525c

large_WW7.jpg.bc59db3712ae5b1ff580632844

large_WW6.jpg.1adb30d74b36f0946149128eb9

large_WW1.jpg.26523bdcdf7010ae02c33a668b

large_WW5.jpg.e3d400fadf06e6e5c3da2ac8aa

large_WW4.jpg.b1230f60a8ac75a935fe9cf6ab

large_WW3.jpg.8bff0a6ff38317217728cdfde5

Click below for video:

large.Placard1.jpg.3428369c332774746338c

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, SFGadv123 said:

Was at the park today and Wonder Woman wasn't open, and they even have the blue fence back up around it. Whats going on?

Don't worry, its not broken..  It's because the asphalt was getting to sticky, so there fixing that.. And if you saw a crane there, which I did, they are just checking it out while they fix the asphalt. I know this because I asked I would say at least 13 park employees.. Some security, just the main staff, and the flash pass people told me. Although I had one than more source inform me about the situation, there just employees and not "why Wonder Woman : Lasso of Truth at SFGADV has its walls and cranes around it" experts. That is what they told me.. And also considering the fact that more than 10 employees told me the same thing,

2 hours ago, Joseph_D said:

Don't worry, its not broken..  It's because the asphalt was getting to sticky, so there fixing that.. And if you saw a crane there, which I did, they are just checking it out while they fix the asphalt. I know this because I asked I would say at least 13 park employees.. Some security, just the main staff, and the flash pass people told me. Although I had one than more source inform me about the situation, there just employees and not "why Wonder Woman : Lasso of Truth at SFGADV has its walls and cranes around it" experts. That is what they told me.. And also considering the fact that more than 10 employees told me the same thing,

I *still* have sticky asphalt on the bottom of my sneakers from our trip on Saturday. It was really really bad. I'm glad they are fixing it. 

• Like 1

LOL sure, *just* that there's sticky asphalt. Don't mind the huge crane working on the ride, nothing to see, just a coincidence.

What an embarrassment; they can't even get a flat ride to function safely or pave a midway properly. Who knows what corners are being cut on safety elsewhere in the park these days, all to save a buck or two.

• Like 1

Wonder Woman Lasso of Truth has been experiencing a ton of technical difficulties, to the point where the ride breaks down at least once a day. Before opening they had to replace the motor because it broke, and now Thursday, June 27th, Wonder Woman Lasso of Truth almost collapsed. The motor failed mid course and it caused every support to start violently shaking. They immediately stopped the ride, and put the blue fence for construction back up as soon as they could. They are now replacing the motor once again, making this the 2nd time the motor failed. If this continues, what do you think the future of Wonder Woman Lasso of Truth is? And what will they do to fix it?

824C3768-67C8-49B5-9540-9BA052ECD4A1.jpeg