VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Thorpe Park Removing Logger's Leap

Yoshi

It's a shame to see another park removing a log flume. There are not too many full size log flumes left in England. I'm glad Great Adventure chose to refurbish Saw Mill Log Flume so it can continue to operate.

I have to wonder whether all the removal of in-theme park water rides is just a way of getting guests to visit their water parks.  It looks like Carowinds last remaining theme park water ride, a rapids ride, is also being removed this year.

I think theme park water rides and visiting a water park are vastly different experiences and shouldn't be considered an alternative to removing water rides from a theme park's ride lineup.

I agree, especially at parks where it is warm enough to run some water rides in the spring and fall. So many water parks have a few month schedule and then there is no way to cool off on an 80 degree April or early May operating day.

I think that's part of it, but more than anything I think the original Arrow log boats are wearing out and need to be replaced, along with the fiberglass trough. Just look at all the rebuilds of the trough on the Log Flume at GA over the past few years. And I know several parks have either purchased used flume boats from other parks or had new ones built in the past few years. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/22/2019 at 6:05 AM, GAcoaster said:

I think that's part of it, but more than anything I think the original Arrow log boats are wearing out and need to be replaced, along with the fiberglass trough. Just look at all the rebuilds of the trough on the Log Flume at GA over the past few years. And I know several parks have either purchased used flume boats from other parks or had new ones built in the past few years. 

Pretty funny that down the road, from the same company, Chessington is refurbishing their log flume from Dragon Falls to Tiger Rock.