VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Six Flags Additions for 2020 (Not Great Adventure)

Medusa42

On 7/6/2019 at 4:35 AM, Six Flags FUN! said:

Here's my predictions:

Six Flags Great Adventure: Premier Rides Launch Coaster or Custom RMC Raptor

Six Flags Magic Mountain: 450ft Funtime SkyFlyer

Six Flags Mexico: Giant Discovery

Six Flags Over Texas: Mack PowerSplash

Six Flags Over Georgia: 4D Free Fly Coaster

Six Flags Darien Lake: Retheme Ride of Steel, Kids Area Expansion

Six Flags New England: Water Park expansion

Six Flags Great America: Water Park expansion

Six Flags Fiesta Texas: Kids Area Expansion

Six Flags America: Giant Discovery

Six Flags Discovery Kingdom: Family Rides

Six Flags St. Louis: RMC Raptor

La Ronde: Relocation Green Lantern from SFMM

Great Escape:  Zamperla Mega Disk'O

Frontier City: Funtime SkyFlyer

This thread isn't for great adventure so please do not include it. 

• Like 1

On 7/17/2019 at 6:12 PM, Medusa42 said:

A Mack Power Splash is confirmed for SFOT.  It’s going to be interesting to see how they fit this in.
https://panjiva.com/Six-Flags-Over-Texas/2136796

zEIr0AX.png

So if we confirm that SFOT is getting a Mack Power Splash, then how many coasters do you guys think SF will be adding in 2020

I think 3-5 (Counting Kids Coasters)

Edited by SFNE fan

4 hours ago, SFNE fan said:

So if we confirm that SFOT is getting a Mack Power Splash, then how many coasters do you guys think SF will be adding in 2020

I think 3-5 (Counting Kids Coasters)

4-5 coasters, maybe 6 if you want to count the Loop Coaster that Larson is building in their factory right now.  The only new trademarks are for Fright Fest,  so I think we are going to see a lot of DC names and generic Six Flags names for 2020.

4 hours ago, 29yrswithaGApass said:

I wonder if any of the other Six Flags Dubai rides will make it to the US. I wouldn’t mind us getting the Ferris Wheel.  

The Power Splash is already in Dubai and is most likely one of the 10-12 rides going to Motiongate or Bollywood.  I think Six Flags bought another one for SFOT.  The price listed on a few sites for Pulsar was 8.5 million Euros, which is pretty cheap if accurate.

D7WjoZ8W0AIQvO-.jpg

https://mobile.twitter.com/jamie_shill/status/1131990806460555265

• 2 weeks later...

Parks:

Six Flags Discovery Kingdom: Drop Tower or kids rides

Six Flags Magic Mountain: Starflyer or small flats

Six Flags Mexico: Giga Discovery

Six Flags Fiesta Texas: Kids area

Six Flags Over Texas: Mack Powersplash

Frontier City: Starflyer

Six Flags St. Louis: Raptor

Six Flags Great America: Giga Discovery

Six Flags Over Georgia: Freespin

Six Flags America: Giant Discovery

Six Flags Darien Lake: Flat ride

Six Flags New England: Waterpark slides

Great Escape: Flat ride

La Ronde: Green lantern from SFMM

Water Parks:

Hurricane Harbor Concord: New Slide

Hurricane Harbor LA: nothing

Hurricane Harbor Phoenix: Water play structure

Hurricane Harbor Oaxtepec: nothing

Hurricane Harbor Arlington: nothing

Hurricane Harbor Splashtown: nothing

White Water Bay: Play area

Magic Waters: Water Slide

White Water Atlanta: Water Slide

Fiesta Texas clues have started on the TexasThrillSeekers facebook group.

Clue 1: Will it stay, or will it go? (picture of Boomerang Coast to Coaster)

Clue 2: Nope... don’t have one here! (Picture of the USA with California highlighted)

Clue 3: Nope, don’t have one here... yet! (Picture of the USA with Texas highlighted)

Clue 4: Will it stay, or will it go? (Picture of the Sundance Theater)

Clue 5: Nope, not one here! (Picture of the USA with Idaho highlighted)

Clue 6: Nope, not one here! (Picture of the USA with Utah highlighted)

BONUS Clue 7: Nope, not one here either! (Picture of the USA with Hawaii & Alaska highlighted)

Edited by Medusa42

1 hour ago, Medusa42 said:

Fiesta Texas clues have started on the TexasThrillSeekers facebook group.

Clue 1: Will it stay, or will it go? (picture of Boomerang Coast to Coaster)

Clue 2: Nope... don’t have one here! (Picture of the USA with California highlighted)

Clue 3: Nope, don’t have one here... yet! (Picture of the USA with Texas highlighted)

Clue 4: Will it stay, or will it go? (Picture of the Sundance Theater)

Clue 5: Nope, not one here! (Picture of the USA with Idaho highlighted)

Clue 6: Nope, not one here! (Picture of the USA with Utah highlighted)

BONUS Clue 7: Nope, not one here either! (Picture of the USA with Hawaii & Alaska highlighted)

I bet its a flat ride not seen in the area or the country. 

Maybe a state on the east coast does, like a Top Scan (as Carowinds and Canada's Wonderland have those and they are not in any of the highlighted states), Wonderland does have a lot of European flats that no parks in the US do. Both of those are smaller things so it would make sense to replace with a flat-I feel the theater more likely will go, but if its the boomarang-I think they will use the parts for their other boomarangs instead of relocating or outright scrapping it.

The spaces taken up by Boomerang and the Sundance Theater are both much larger than what would be needed for a flat ride.  You could put a small coaster in either spot.  The Idaho and Utah clues rule out anything made by RMC or S&S.  I think the Sundance Theater is staying because the park put a bunch of money into it last year.

Something like this could fit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Z6Kmp0n7L8

Edit: More Fiesta Texas clues posted today.

Clue 8: Will it stay, or will it go? (Picture of Kidzopolis sign)

Clue 9: Will it stay, or will it go? (Picture of Rockville High theater)

Clue 10: Nope, not one here! (Picture of the USA with Minnesota highlighted)

Clue 11: Nope, not one here! (Picture of the USA with Oklahoma highlighted)

Clue 12: Will it stay, or will it go? (Picture of Texas Gunslinger slingshot)

”#SFFT2020 - REMINDER! One of the photos I post, will go!”

Edited by Medusa42

On ‎7‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 1:45 PM, Medusa42 said:

The spaces taken up by Boomerang and the Sundance Theater are both much larger than what would be needed for a flat ride.  You could put a small coaster in either spot.  The Idaho and Utah clues rule out anything made by RMC or S&S.  I think the Sundance Theater is staying because the park put a bunch of money into it last year.

Something like this could fit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Z6Kmp0n7L8

Edit: More Fiesta Texas clues posted today.

Clue 8: Will it stay, or will it go? (Picture of Kidzopolis sign)

Clue 9: Will it stay, or will it go? (Picture of Rockville High theater)

Clue 10: Nope, not one here! (Picture of the USA with Minnesota highlighted)

Clue 11: Nope, not one here! (Picture of the USA with Oklahoma highlighted)

Clue 12: Will it stay, or will it go? (Picture of Texas Gunslinger slingshot)

”#SFFT2020 - REMINDER! One of the photos I post, will go!”

Remember though, most or all of these could be trying to throw us off. Just because Fiesta Texas needs more room doesn't mean they will be replacing the attractions you said.  So some of these clues could be invalid. I think Fiesta Texas would get D.C super friends and Bugs Bunny Boom Town replacing Kidopolis and (since they don't have another kids area) adding a kids area behind Poltergeist. I know that area is small because Fiesta Texas is landlocked, and I seen smaller kids areas. Fiesta Texas has been adding thrill rides for the past 6 years. In 2016 they added 2 family rides though, but 2 family rides in 6 years is not a lot. 

i like to see rockville be broken up into 2 lands

the scream, poltergeist, and hustler become the underground with a twist and splash ride in the part of the old car driving car ride theme to the underground water company,

and rockville streets, rockville high, wonder woman, and batman become dc universe with a right stuff like ride in the old rockville high building

3 minutes ago, harry2004 said:

the scream, poltergeist, and hustler become the underground with a twist and splash ride in the part of the old car driving car ride theme to the underground water company,

and rockville streets, rockville high, wonder woman, and batman become dc universe with a right stuff like ride in the old rockville high building

I could see that

12 minutes ago, harry2004 said:

Fiesta Texas is teasing a Steampunk theme, which means they are probably adding a Screampunk area for 2020.  The keywords from last night's clues were: SPEED, SUSPENSE, POWER, CRAZY.  The new attraction doesn't exist in any states west of the Mississippi River or in Georgia. 

I know one that would fit the crazy definition, Houdini’s great escape is only at great adventure and New England. The only problem is no one has been purchasing them lately so I don’t know if they still make it. Also it wouldn’t fit the speed category

Edited by SFNE fan

1 hour ago, SFNE fan said:

I know one that would fit the crazy definition, Houdini’s great escape is only at great adventure and New England. The only problem is no one has been purchasing them lately so I don’t know if they still make it. Also it wouldn’t fit the speed category

A Vekoma Madhouse doesn't scream Steampunk to me

Here is my analysis of the first SFGAm teaser.

Clues/Phrases from the video:

Has your Summer flown by?

sun and fun

blast past you

sets record

86, 23, 3 times in one

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Massiv at Schlitterbahn Galveston is 81 feet 6&3/4 inches tall and was estimated to cost $3.5 million.

https://www.galvnews.com/blogs/between_the_lines/article_a484ce60-cd29-5514-8b85-ea6e390f4858.html

Cutback Water Coaster is a new Proslide Rocket Blast/Flying Saucer water coaster that moves at up to 35 feet per second or 23.864 mph.
https://attractionsmagazine.com/cutback-water-coaster-now-open/

There is a leftover piece of Pictorium land between Maxx Force and Hurricane Harbor with enough room for a large water park attraction.

Based on this information, I think SFGAm is getting the world's tallest water coaster at 86 feet tall,  23 mph, and 3 blasts per ride.  The slide would be made by ProSlide and use their Rocket Blast/Flying Saucer system.

5 hours ago, Medusa42 said:

Here is my analysis of the first SFGAm teaser.

Clues/Phrases from the video:

Has your Summer flown by?

sun and fun

blast past you

sets record

86, 23, 3 times in one

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Massiv at Schlitterbahn Galveston is 81 feet 6&3/4 inches tall and was estimated to cost $3.5 million.

https://www.galvnews.com/blogs/between_the_lines/article_a484ce60-cd29-5514-8b85-ea6e390f4858.html

Cutback Water Coaster is a new Proslide Rocket Blast/Flying Saucer water coaster that moves at up to 35 feet per second or 23.864 mph.
https://attractionsmagazine.com/cutback-water-coaster-now-open/

There is a leftover piece of Pictorium land between Maxx Force and Hurricane Harbor with enough room for a large water park attraction.

Based on this information, I think SFGAm is getting the world's tallest water coaster at 86 feet tall,  23 mph, and 3 blasts per ride.  The slide would be made by ProSlide and use their Rocket Blast/Flying Saucer system.

This seems extremely accurate. It would explain the huge Summer Fun theme too. It’s been years since they expanded their waterpark

Super Manège is being removed from La Ronde to make room for the 2020 attraction.

https://www.sixflags.com/node/59448

Dernière chance de faire le Super Manège!

Last chance to do the Super Carousel!

C’est le temps de boucler la boucle du Super Manège afin de faire place à une nouveauté pour la saison 2020. Profitez-en pour l’essayer une dernière fois, avant sa fermeture officielle le 27 août prochain.
Nous vous invitons à nous suivre pour découvrir la nouveauté de 2020 qui sera dévoilée le 29 août!

It's time to complete the loop of the Super Manège to make room for a novelty for the 2020 season. Take the opportunity to try it one last time, before its official closure on August 27th. We invite you to follow us to discover the novelty of 2020 which will be unveiled on August 29th!

I find it bizarre that they would send Green Lantern to La Ronde. I am not questioning it, but it just makes me wonder. Is La Ronde that low on the totem pole that Six Flags is willing to send something that was essentially worse than fodder as a new addition there? I think it probably has less to do with priority, and more to do with saving some capital, and just recycling an attraction that only operated for 6 years. A few of the common predictions include:

La Ronde - Green Lantern: First Flight (relocation from SFMM)

SFA - Giant Discovery (perhaps Giga Discovery)

SFMM - Starflyer 

SFOT - Mack PowerSplash (confirmed)

Beyond these few, I am less guided and more open to listening than speculating. I really like your idea of a water coaster for SFGAm, @Medusa42. For all the parks as usual, we can expect something akin to the expected formula, including the typical Starflyer, Superloop, Zamperla Discovery, Tourbillon, and 4D-Free Spin additions. It would be nice to see a few roller coasters, but I'm not holding my breath.